Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, PEG-8, Lactamide MEA, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol; Extracts Of: Citrus Aurantium Amara (bitter orange) Flower, Vitis Vinifera (grape) Seed, Malva Sylvestris (mallow), Hedera Helix (ivy), Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit, Sambucus Nigra Flower, Arnica Montana Flower, Parietaria Officinalis, Camellia Oleifera Leaf; Essential Oils Of: Zea Mays (corn), Cananga Odorata Flower, Egg Yolk Extract, Lecithin, Silk Amino Acids, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Polyquaternium-10, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Allantoin, Panthenol, Glycolipids, Glyceryl Stearate, Carbomer, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorphenesin, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/glycerin Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol, Geraniol.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I had been given this as a sample in an itsy bitsy little squeezy bottle. At the time, my usually oily forehead was experiencing some very unsightly cracking and flaking due to the freezing temperatures of London's winter, and as a result, my Chanel Perfection Lumiere and DiorSnow foundations did not have a smooth surface to work on. I therefore started applying a small amount of this prior to putting my foundation on, and voila, my skin was restored to its former glory. It provides instant results and it really is a rejuvenating product. However, I do think it can be a little heavy duty if you've got oily skin, so I'd reserve it for flaky seasonal emergencies.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

It's an okay moisturizer, but the cost is too expensive and it smells really chemically synthetic like it just came from a lab beaker...I don't know how else to describe the scent. It does moisturize well, no flakes in my experience, and leaves no greasy shine although there is that feeling of a thickness or film on my face the first half hour or so of putting this on. I'm just bummed they couldn't at least make it smell like something you'd want to put on your face.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I received a generous sample size of this cream and my oily/combo/aging skin was not impressed. I reserved this for daytime use and it left my skin dehydrated and made foundation application a bit difficult. My face looked dry and flaky. There is a slight fragrance but not unpleasant. I didn't even find it worth while to finish up the sample.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I will admit that I have not been using this product for long, (nearly 3 weeks), but I am really happy with how my skin is responding. I have slightly sensitive skin on my cheeks/nose area with some oily patches, and I am prone to breakouts. My skin is calmer (am using the cleansing gel beforehand) and this moisturizer doesn't leave my face feeling greasy - just soft. It is worth noting the the Dermalogica website suggests you apply this to DAMP skin - which I am now doing - the product seems to work even better and I need less of it! I am really hoping that it continues to work for me!

It's quite pricey, but it leaves my skin smooth and moisturised. You don't need a lot of product, so it last for a while. Good and natural scent.

I have mixed feeling about this... it is a great cream, it smoothens out the skin and helps with irritations etc, plus it smells nice. At first I loved it. After 3 tubes, I decided to move on. It wasn't hydrating enough for me, although it might be just perfect for someone who doesn't have too many skin issues. It does absorb quickly and is perfect as base for foundation. I also tried it with hydrating serum from Dermalogica, which helped, but again wasn't enough. I would maybe continue to buy if it was less expensive... but for this price, i really need something to work. It is a lovely moisturiser though.

My skin type: Fair, dry, sensitive and acne prone (nightmare skin!)

I have been using this product for about 8 yrs. About two years ago I began to test other moisturizers due to a acne breakout. I tried everything from la roche-posay, Avene, Babor, Exuviance etc. Everything I tried broke me out, was to drying och to fat. Some even gave me eczema. Recently, I bought the Skin smoothing cream againd, and my skin is finally beginning to calm down. I dont care about the high silicone amount, or the strong lavendel oil bla bla. This works for me when nothing else does. I am also using Differin at night, and the Skin smoothing cream is great to take away the dryness from that to. Highly recommend this one if you are sensitive dry and at the same time acne prone.

I have been given a sample of this product & I love it . My skin is dry& sensitive and acne prone at the same time . This product is calming and mosturising , I like it very much.

When I first bought this product it was amazing and a life saver to my dry acne prone combination skin.
Now on my second tube it definitely still does the job but I find it no longer gives my skin the full hydration and smoothness it needs.
I don't feel like my skin is as radiant now when I use it as it was when I first tried it. I feel almost mattified when I use it now.
It is a dream to acne prone skin as it definitely does not break me out.
But I feel I need to try other products and if nothing else works I would definitely return to this product.

A resounding meh.

It works, it smooths as it says it does. It moisturises. It leaves me greasy at noon (as does everything I've ever tried so far).

It also costs a lot of money. (CA $77.50 for 110 ml... HAH!)

If I'm going to be spending that kind of money on a moisturiser it better damned well be a holy grail and it is not. Neutrogena and Cetaphil do the same for my skin with SPF for a paltry $16.

I also find that on days when my skin is feeling a bit more sensitive it gives a tingling, sometimes burning sensation around my nose.

Definitely not going to repurchase but you could have better luck if you have drier, less sensitive skin.