free and clear conditioner

free and clear conditioner

3.6

Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Ceteareth 20, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Potassium Sorbate, Panthenol, Cirtric Acid

on 3/9/2016 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

OK conditioner. Rinses out well and leaves hair feeling clean, yet doesn't feel "smooth" when applying, or leave hair feeling silky afterwards like other conditioners do. I actually prefer to use a mask (L'Oreal Oleo Therapy Mask, which is MCI-free for those who are allergic) along with this conditioner each time I use it. The mask works well with the conditioner, but the conditioner alone is almost sub-par, which is why I rated it 2/5.

I switched to Clear and Free when I found out I was allergic to MCI's/my previous conditioner (Verb). When I condition, I "rake" my fingers through my hair to distribute the product evenly. With this product, that is very hard to do, and I often pull out hairs in pieces, because this "raking" mixed with this product is breaking my strands. I assume it has something to do with the sulfate/paraben/etc.-free aspect of this conditioner, and it is not a deal-breaker for me because the breakage is not severe.

on 10/13/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use this conditioner everyday along with the matching shampoo. Like the shampoo, it's a real find for someone with sensitive skin. Free of perfumes and dyes, I never have any irritation. Overall, I think this is a really good conditioner. I have very healthy, oily hair and I really appreciate that this detangles without leaving my hair heavy or greasy. This conditioner might not be the best for someone with super damaged hair though. It's also hard to find. I order it from dermstore.com. But sometimes you can find it at drugstores.

on 10/21/2009 4:48:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is my FAVORITE conditioner, and at age 55 I have tried quite a few brands. My hair is suffering from post-menopausal deadness. This is the ONLY conditioner that makes my hair GLOW with the softest shine, without weighing it down or getting greasy. I rinse it just short of being rinsed all the way out. That way I have NO weight and yet I get all the glow, softness and shine. Almost finished my first bottle, which is a FIRST EVER for me. I usually throw away conditioners after about 3 tries. Keeping this one.

on 6/23/2010 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am very mix feeling with this conditioner.I am using free and clear shampoo and I love it ! but this conditioner males my scalp itchy sometimes.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

It's not irritating, which is great, but it doesn't condition well enough.

I've bought this a few times. It's not a HG product, but it's OK. Doesn't irritate my scalp (which most conditioners do) but it also doesn't provide much in the way of actual conditioning. Still, I keep buying it because it doesn't make me itch and pretty much everything makes me itch.

on 3/5/2006 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Did not like this conditiioner at all, weighed my hair down and irritated my scalp. I waited a day to wash it out and what a relief i felt once i washed my hair. It made my hair look brassy and unwashed.
Will not repurchase

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the shampoo, but I'm not a huge fan of this conditioner, mainly because I don't like the smell. My boyfriend says, "it just smells clean, like nothing," but I don't feel the same way. Also, you have to use a lot to get good results. I will continue to use it on work days because it is nice to have a non-irritating conditioner, but on weekends I wanna smell good!

on 5/10/2008 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This conditioner is designed for those with sensitive skin. It doesn't contain dyes, lanolin, fragrance, masking fragrance, protein, parabens, or formaldehyde. It's free of sulfates, betaine, and gluten. It does contain glycerin and panthenol. It contains only 10 ingredients, far fewer than other conditioners.
My scalp is dry and sensitive and my hair is short, curly, color-treated, and slightly dry.
I used the matching shampoo (which I diluted) and left the conditioner on my hair for 3 minutes, per instructions. There was no scalp irritation. However, the combination is drying to my hair, so I find it best to pair this light-weight conditioner with a moisturizing shampoo.
Lately, I've been using Free & Clear for co-washing. It works very well; the low amount of moisturizers leads to greater cleansing, and there's no scalp irritation.

on 7/19/2009 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Free and Clear products are very safe, no problematic ingredients and no fragrance. It is very difficult to find a fragrance free conditioner, this is a very good one.

My hair is thin and static. The ends are dry and my scalp becomes oily qickly. The funny thing with this conditioner is that the ends of my hair became nice bouncy. I think this is because there are no silicines in it.

With silicones I always have the feeling that the ends of my hair become dry and straight.

Edit december 2015: Bought this conditioner again this year and this is the best conditioner I have ever used. It doesn't make my hair limp or oily and the ends of my hair look so very healthy.
Somehow when I use the shampoo and conditioner combo my hair is bouncy, voluminous and shiny, very good brand, love it!