Good Skin Soft Reflection Illuminating Loose Powder

4.3

on 4/9/2008 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Thisi s pretty stunning. I've always been reluctant to use powder given that I'm one of those peach fuzz folks and powder generally is very noticeable on my skin. But this, this is WOW. I'm using the American Beauty Uplifing lotion first, then I use Chanel's concealer, then I use this. That's pretty much my spring/summer routine. I love that I can take the powder with me (I use a different loaded brush) should I need to touch up around lunch time or in the evening. It doesnt have the mica/silica shimmer flecks that seems to be in everything these days. The powder just gives you a nice glow. It feels cool when you put it on and has minimal color. And, the fact that it is nonacnegenic is a plus too. UPDATE: It just sits on my skin and highlights my large pores.

on 2/23/2008 11:27:00 PM

I am a Beauty Associate at Kohl's,. Just as an intro for anyone who does not already know, All of the cosmetic and skincare products in Kohl's Department Stores are from a division of Estee Lauder. All BA's are required to go to schooling provided by Estee Lauder. When I went to beauty school, this was the first product I got to "play" in and has been my favorite ever since. It is so unique and is truly infused with water. Literally if you move the jar from side to side water beads will start to accumulate and it is the neatest thing I have seen in a cosmetic (I don't recommend doing this with one you have purchased, look at the tester - It loses a bit of the "cool feeling". This looks great over a finished face or by itself for people with tamed skin and I've had customers tell me they use it as a substitute of mineral veil (though it is shimmery so I don't recommend doing that unless you REALLY want to shine!) People bring this to our attention because we carry a Mineral Foundation collection that does not currently have a finishing mineral powder. LOVE THIS POWDER. A little can go a long way. Go check it out in the store, its just generally fun to play with.

TIP: Keep this product out of heat and bright light for extended amounts of time because the water DOES evaporate!

on 2/3/2007 3:30:00 PM

I got this powder on sale last fall. I was stunned at how it feels exactly like Prescriptives powder which I have purchased many years ago. The prescriptives product looses its moisture over time-this good skin powder does not. I have had it for about 6 months and it is unaltered from the day I bought it.The $18.00price tag is less than half price of the Prescriptive original.I apply it with a kabuki brush and the soft focus illumination is very smooth.Women over 35 should check this out!

So, I just purchased the Illuminating Loose Powder from Kohl's during their Saturday Early Bird Special where it was 20% off. I tried it today and I don't think it did ANYTHING for me.
Admittedly, the texture is AWESOME. It's the strangest sensation I've ever felt in my life...it feels like your brush is soaking wet, even though it's powder you're applying. It's very refreshing and odd at the same time. It does list water as the first ingredient and the description says it's "Water-infused." However, after application, I found that my skin looked the same, or possibly even washed-out. I have a pretty healthy natural glow and I feel as though this product may have diminished it.
On the plus side, it does come with a brush applicator, which you can fill with the powder and dispense through the brush for on-the-go application. Although I had no luck in opening up the brush container, I'm sure it works as I quit pretty early in trying. I was pretty unsure of how to get the product out of its jar and into the brush dispenser though...as the jar has the sifter on top. I imagine that it would have been pretty messy.
Maybe for someone with really dull skin, this would work. For me, however, it didn't. I'm going to stick to my normal regimen and return it for my money back.

on 8/6/2006 2:52:00 PM

All I can say is.. Wow! This is really interesting stuff. I tried it on at Kohls because my face was a little oiliy and I wanted something to diminish it, and at first I thought that something was wrong. I had taken the provided cotton ball and had tried just a little on my cheek, but it felt as if I had gotten something wet on the cotton ball. I tried it again and noticed that the description said water-infused and quickly realized that that was how it was meant to feel. It truly is the most interesting makeup I have tried. It is cooling on the skin when you put it on, and looks great, and unlike other powders, it doesn't dry you out! I haven't had any expirience with the brush, because I haven't actually bought it yet, but I do love the look it gives me and the feel of it!

on 12/29/2007 10:09:00 AM

I bought this after an exhaustive search for a great loose power that wouldn't make me look chalky. For me, I like to look like I have a slight glow- not shimmer, not a dry matte look either. This powder is perfect for giving me exactly what I want! As most have mentioned, it has the coolest feel, literally, like dipping a brush into water and running it over your face. Speaking of brushes, although small, I really do like the brush they package it with, it may seem hard to open, but you simply take of the lid and twist the top to make the bristles come up. I think it works quite nicely with the formula.
EDIT- After using this for awhile I noticed it looks cakey and splotchy on my skin. Not a good look for sure. Maybe it is the brush that I thought was really cool at first. I don't know, but I haven't used it in weeks.
Bottom Line: To each their own on this one, if it worked like it supposed to it would be great.
I have a rather light complexion, and this works very nicely with my skin tone. I even have larger pores, and this doesn't exaggerate them! So, really, I have no complaints- I love this stuff! Kohl's always has testers available, so go check it out! It really is great (and half the price of the Magic Prescriptives powder it is identical to!)

on 4/20/2006 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay..I will start off by saying I have never in my life bought makeup from Kohls. I am more of a high-end shopper (mostly because I can try things out easier..lots more testers and mas on the higher end stuff). But someone in a completely different review referenced how much they liked Good Skin products so I checked things out on my trip to Kohls today.
They had a very good ma (surprised...didn't think they did that) who had me try this Soft Reflection powder. I am pretty much a loyal Becca fan when it comes to powders and highlighting, but this stuff is amazing. It has a soft golden-pink glow..no "disco" sparkle. Reminds me a lot of Becca Opal in a lot of ways. Maybe not quite as refined, but close enough.
As for the texture...the first ingredient on the list is water. Seriously. In a powder. It makes no sense. But I think that is why there is a cooling effect with it.
The container is similar to Cliniques powder containers..except a bit smaller I think. And the brush is kindo of lame for all over face color. I think a kabuki would make more sense. Or a powder brush.
This only comes in one shade. I'm a pretty solid NC20 on the Mac scale and this is great for me.
I'll update after I have used it for a few weeks, but so far this is was a really nice purchase.

on 1/14/2006 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Was going to purchase perscriptives magic, but found this powder for half the price. I can't tell the difference between the two brands. This type of powder feels great going on. Very different, but good. Nice to find a product of this quality for this price.

on 3/22/2006 4:12:00 PM

Only okay. My skin tends to be oily so I'm more concerned with mattifying than illuminating. I liked it enough to keep it and will probably use it for evening or if my skin looks dull.

I love this product because it is: 1) beautiful and sheer, 2) pretty and light (very soft shimmer), 3) inexpensive, and 4) is just like Prescriptives Magic (overpriced). I am over 40 and the other powders make my skin look dry. This is my HG powder. I love Good Skin's other products also (the ones for brightening the skin). Excellent product. Younger, oilier skins may not like it though.

Overall: it's a pretty powder that gives a very light shimmer and makes your skin look young. This is the only powder I am now using!