Dove Moisturizing Body Wash - "Deep Moisture"

Dove Moisturizing Body Wash -

4.2

Water, Sunflower Oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Giardicus, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Lauric Acid, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lanolin Alcohol, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG 30 Dipolyhydroxystearate (may contain)

on 2/20/2017 5:16:00 PM

I got this when my skin started breaking out in hives and my doctor told me to use unscented products so bye bye Bath and Body Works. I got the sensitive skin instead of the unscented by mistake. I love this so much it will fully replace Bath and Body Works shower gel (maybe because it is a body wash). It is very rich and hydrating without a filmy feel. I even shave with this and skin feels so soft and no irritation.

It smells really strong and it's really thick and gross. DO NOT use it down there. Just don't.

on 12/10/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very thick and moisturizing body wash, I use the smallest amount on a loofah puff and it foams up insane amounts. My skin feels soft and well moisturized after but I actually prefer a gel style body wash versus this creamy style so wouldn't seek this out when shopping. Something about it gives me the feeling that it doesn't fully rinse off, not sure if that is actually the case or not. There are a lot of options from unscented to a variety of fragrances to choose from. One improvement they could make is in the packaging. I wish this came in squeeze bottle where the cap was on the bottom so you could get all of the product out. You can't store this upside down because the top is pointed.

on 11/10/2016 9:33:00 AM

One of the worst body wash I ever used. I used it yesterday and the day before and I'm still itching yuuuuuk. I tried eucerin emollient to calm down the itchiness. And today I washed with L'occitane almond oil shower. I dont even want to remeber the feeling that it gave me after I dried out my body it was really sick. It left a thick film on my body and it was like I didnt take shower in the first place. The smell was way tooooo much to be handled I even could smell it on my underwear. Seriously is this deep moisturizer or vice versa!!!!!!

After years of using various Dove body washes (the Deep Moisture one mostly, but also Sensitive, and various ones in their Purely Pampering line), I had to stop. This may be a bit TMI, but I found they were irritating me *down there*. I really liked the scents and found Dove body washes to be really moisturizing, so it was an unfortunate discovery.

For the record, I never apply body wash directly to the sensitive parts, but I think in the shower your body wash can still wash down and make contact, because as soon as I stopped using Dove body wash the irritation went away. I tried using it again after using another body wash for a while, and it came back. So I'm confident this was the culprit. I've been using other body washes for several months now with no issues.

Anyways, if you haven't had this unfortunate reaction, that's awesome, but I felt compelled to make a review about this in case someone else has the same reaction as me and this helps them make the connection. I used Dove body wash for a long time without any issues until this year, so I'm not sure if this is due to a change in formula or something.

This is my go to wash when I'm not trying something new or want something good and inexpensive to save money. It's moisturizing and makes my skin so soft. It has a pleasant and neutral scent but doesn't compete with my scented lotions. It's a generous size bottle so it lasts a while. The price is unbeatable. My hg drugstore body wash.

on 3/4/2016 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Moisturizers, but leave kind of a slight residue and smell bad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've used this body wash on and off for my entire life. It cleanses well without leaving a greasy residue. I also really like the clean, fresh smell it leaves on my skin. I can smell it throughout the day but it's not overpowering. It just makes me feel clean. I also appreciate that I can confidently use this on my lady parts without fear of burning or irritation. I DON'T feel that it's particularly moisturizing because I still have to use lotion with this. I also wish they would get rid of the sulfates because I think it would be more moisturizing if they did.

on 10/2/2015 11:37:00 AM

Honestly my favorite shower product so moisturizing and doesn't leave and residue on the skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a wonderful body wash. I have been using this for a few years and everyone always comments on how soft I am. I don't use lotion (although I should) this doesn't dry out my skin. It does have a scent which I find enjoyable, it's not overly cloying like other washes. It's creamy and lathers nicely with a salux cloth. Gets me nice and clean and makes my skin feel soft. I also use this as my face wash along with the Clarisonic and helped to calm my face when it was breaking out. It is rather expensive here unless you buy it in bulk but it does last quite a while. I really recommend this to anyone who doesn't have overly sensitive skin and is looking for a simple body wash.