Dove Moisturizing Body Wash - "Deep Moisture"

Dove Moisturizing Body Wash -

4.2

Water, Sunflower Oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Giardicus, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Lauric Acid, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lanolin Alcohol, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG 30 Dipolyhydroxystearate (may contain)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I’ve been using the deep moisture bar soap for years now with no issues. A few weeks ago I was running low on the soap and decided to pick up a large bottle of this body wash in place of the soap since it’s still dove and basically the liquid version of the soap. I have the type of skin that’s not very sensitive and I’ve never had issues with skin allergies. Unfortunately, a Few days after using this I became itchy all over my body. It was subtle at first and I didn’t really think twice about the body wash. I thought it was from pulling weeds out in the garden so I continued to use the body wash but it became worse. Around the base of my neck, wrists, ankles, and insides of elbows and ankles became inflamed and constantly itchy. Weeks after I remembered the body wash and it all made sense. My rash began right after using this. Please be aware!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

V good

on 7/22/2018 5:39:00 AM

Hands down, the best smoothing and moisturizing body wash I’ve ever used. Borrowed my best friend’s bottle to use while staying overnight and wow. I have always had dry skin in both dry and moist climates. I also have kp, eczema, and just generally not very soft or smooth skin. My skin actually looks healthier now and many places on my body don’t need an extra moisturizer, which I’ve NEVER experienced before. My skin is so comfortable all day now and that never happens either!
The original scent is heavenly. It really lingers, too. Safe on my lady parts. Foams nicely on a bath pouf. There isn’t any ‘slip’ once rinsed off like I expected, but it looks and acts more like a cream that sinks in and disappears. I’d like to try more scents. I usually use bath and body works gels, but no more! I’ll be purchasing this now for life!

(Ps...Dove, please design a bottle that can live upside down in the shower! -The wee cap and oval bottle isn’t the best combo :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wouldn't call it a deep moisture.
I have dehydrated skin and this shower gel does nothing for it. I wash with Dove 'Deep Moisture', towel dry and my skin badly needs some cream or a lotion.
It's not a bad product, but it is very average.

on 4/30/2017 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros:
1. Smells great
2. Moisturizing
3. Refreshing
4. Great value

Cons:
1. Does not help KP

I've used this for years. I first bought it because I heard that it helped somebody's KP, sadly it didn't for me. But it's still a pretty great body wash after all so I keep on using it.

on 2/20/2017 5:16:00 PM

I got this when my skin started breaking out in hives and my doctor told me to use unscented products so bye bye Bath and Body Works. I got the sensitive skin instead of the unscented by mistake. I love this so much it will fully replace Bath and Body Works shower gel (maybe because it is a body wash). It is very rich and hydrating without a filmy feel. I even shave with this and skin feels so soft and no irritation.

It smells really strong and it's really thick and gross. DO NOT use it down there. Just don't.

on 12/10/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very thick and moisturizing body wash, I use the smallest amount on a loofah puff and it foams up insane amounts. My skin feels soft and well moisturized after but I actually prefer a gel style body wash versus this creamy style so wouldn't seek this out when shopping. Something about it gives me the feeling that it doesn't fully rinse off, not sure if that is actually the case or not. There are a lot of options from unscented to a variety of fragrances to choose from. One improvement they could make is in the packaging. I wish this came in squeeze bottle where the cap was on the bottom so you could get all of the product out. You can't store this upside down because the top is pointed.

on 11/10/2016 9:33:00 AM

One of the worst body wash I ever used. I used it yesterday and the day before and I'm still itching yuuuuuk. I tried eucerin emollient to calm down the itchiness. And today I washed with L'occitane almond oil shower. I dont even want to remeber the feeling that it gave me after I dried out my body it was really sick. It left a thick film on my body and it was like I didnt take shower in the first place. The smell was way tooooo much to be handled I even could smell it on my underwear. Seriously is this deep moisturizer or vice versa!!!!!!

After years of using various Dove body washes (the Deep Moisture one mostly, but also Sensitive, and various ones in their Purely Pampering line), I had to stop. This may be a bit TMI, but I found they were irritating me *down there*. I really liked the scents and found Dove body washes to be really moisturizing, so it was an unfortunate discovery.

For the record, I never apply body wash directly to the sensitive parts, but I think in the shower your body wash can still wash down and make contact, because as soon as I stopped using Dove body wash the irritation went away. I tried using it again after using another body wash for a while, and it came back. So I'm confident this was the culprit. I've been using other body washes for several months now with no issues.

Anyways, if you haven't had this unfortunate reaction, that's awesome, but I felt compelled to make a review about this in case someone else has the same reaction as me and this helps them make the connection. I used Dove body wash for a long time without any issues until this year, so I'm not sure if this is due to a change in formula or something.