Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash

Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash
Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash

4.2

Water, Sunflower Oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Giardicus, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Lauric Acid, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lanolin Alcohol, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG 30 Dipolyhydroxystearate (may contain)

on 3/11/2019 4:22:00 PM

I'm normally a shower gel kind of gal, but Walmart was clearing out all their Christmas items - which included things like Dove gift sets. I haven't tried the body scrub which was included along with this body wash, but will review that when I do. I generally like a lot of Dove products, they are pretty gentle and effective. That being said, I really dislike this kind of packaging Dove uses for the body washes (mainly just the top part). The flip top is easy enough to open and doesn't feel like it's going to snap off, but it's hard to get the top off entirely if you are trying to be economical and use up the entire bottle before recycling.

This particular body wash is sulfate free, and like hair products I find it doesn't lather up well and I feel like I have to use more to feel clean. When it comes to cleaning, I'd rather err on the side of using more than not using enough product, but that's just me. While I try to seek out hair products that are sulfate free, I don't find it as necessary to do the same for my shower gels or body washes. I didn't find this to have much of a scent at all, just sort of a light general soap scent. It did linger on my skin after I got out of the shower, but not for long - which I appreciate. It felt mild and I don't know if I felt any additional moisturizing elements more than I would using any other product. I don't really have dry skin so I can't speak to any benefits there. Also, I put lotion on immediately after I shower, so I am not super choosy about using shower gel/washes specifically marketed as moisturizing.

I would not buy this specific product again, but I may try another Dove body wash in the future. I think this product is nice enough/average, but nothing I "have to have".

on 3/9/2019 11:44:00 AM

This body wash cleanses well but it has a strong perfume. Scent has no place in cosmetics, they only bring about allergies and assault the senses.

This is a cream type product and sometimes it's difficult to get all the product out.

I have mixed feelings about this body wash.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is great gentle sulfate free cleanser that has a rich lather. This leaves my skin clean and soft. Does not irritate or dry my skin out. It also does not leave a heavy film on my skin. This has a light perfume type scent that I do not mind. This deep moisture is the same ingredients ( except for the fragrance) as the Dove sensitive skin body wash. I prefer this Deep Moisture scent of this though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I’ve been using the deep moisture bar soap for years now with no issues. A few weeks ago I was running low on the soap and decided to pick up a large bottle of this body wash in place of the soap since it’s still dove and basically the liquid version of the soap. I have the type of skin that’s not very sensitive and I’ve never had issues with skin allergies. Unfortunately, a Few days after using this I became itchy all over my body. It was subtle at first and I didn’t really think twice about the body wash. I thought it was from pulling weeds out in the garden so I continued to use the body wash but it became worse. Around the base of my neck, wrists, ankles, and insides of elbows and ankles became inflamed and constantly itchy. Weeks after I remembered the body wash and it all made sense. My rash began right after using this. Please be aware!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

V good

on 7/22/2018 5:39:00 AM

Hands down, the best smoothing and moisturizing body wash I’ve ever used. I have always had very dry skin. In both dry and moist climates. I also have/had severe KP, eczema, and just generally not very soft or smooth skin. My skin actually looks healthier now and many places on my body don’t need a moisturizer, which I’ve NEVER experienced before. My skin is so comfortable all day now and that never happens either!
The KP has a mind of its own and I do use Gold Bond Bumpy Skin cream with great success when it gets ridiculously bad, but after using Dove and Aveeno lotion, I haven’t had to resort to the Gold Bond to treat my KP in months.
The original scent is heavenly. It really lingers, too. Foams nicely on a bath pouf. Looks and acts like a cream that sinks in and disappears. I usually use bath and body works gels, but no more! I’ll be purchasing this now for life!

Edit: Not compatible with my nether regions, sadly. Still will use it for the rest of my body though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wouldn't call it a deep moisture.
I have dehydrated skin and this shower gel does nothing for it. I wash with Dove 'Deep Moisture', towel dry and my skin badly needs some cream or a lotion.
It's not a bad product, but it is very average.

on 4/30/2017 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros:
1. Smells great
2. Moisturizing
3. Refreshing
4. Great value

Cons:
1. Does not help KP

I've used this for years. I first bought it because I heard that it helped somebody's KP, sadly it didn't for me. But it's still a pretty great body wash after all so I keep on using it.

on 2/20/2017 5:16:00 PM

I got this when my skin started breaking out in hives and my doctor told me to use unscented products so bye bye Bath and Body Works. I got the sensitive skin instead of the unscented by mistake. I love this so much it will fully replace Bath and Body Works shower gel (maybe because it is a body wash). It is very rich and hydrating without a filmy feel. I even shave with this and skin feels so soft and no irritation.

It smells really strong and it's really thick and gross. DO NOT use it down there. Just don't.