Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Powder Foundation

Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Powder Foundation
Perfectly Real Compact Powder Foundation

INGREDIENTS: talc [] silica [] isostearyl palmitate [] methicone [] nylon-12 [] sodium hyaluronate [] glycerin [] alumina [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] tetrasodium edta [] chlorphenesin [] potassium sorbate [] sodium dehydroacetate [] [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) [] mica [] manganese violet (ci 77742) [] ultramarines (ci 77007) [] carmine (ci 75470) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] orange 4 lake (ci 15510) [] red 30 lake (ci 73360)]

I've been using this compact foundation ever since I started wearing make up about 3 years ago. As I don't like liquid foundation, this is perfect for me. It does dry out the skin a little, especially during winter, but if you use some kind of primer or skin lotion under it, it's ok. It looks natural, but I really hate the sponge that comes with it - I always use a foundation brush to apply it. Overall I think it's a good product and I would repurchase it.

on 5/2/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The compact powder has a light to medium coverage (when worn on its own) and medium to full coverage (when worn above a liquid foundation).

When worn on its own, it doesn't clog my pores. However, coverage is minimal. It didn't cause any break outs and it did not look cakey. However, I had to touch up after 3-4hours under the sun (tropical country).

I've used it with my Laneige BB cushion/Revlon ColorStay foundation on separate occasions and I think that the compact powder really sets my make up in place. It leaves a flawless finish without feeling cakey. Additionally, I love that the colour is a true match to my face and I would definitely repurchase (even tho it's hella expensive).

To Read all 305 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of the most natural looking powders I have ever tried EVER. I have combo/oily skin that can be acne prone and I found this a lot better then their stay matte powder (which leaves more glow actually and has a tiny bit of shimmer in it). This powder is so sillky smooth and blends like a dream. I can keep on adding product (I use the real techniques powder brush) and it never cakes or even looks like I'm wearing makeup.

•even and smooth coverage
•doesn't cake
•natural matte finish looks polished
•doesn't get too oily
•perfect color match
•lasts all day

•the packaging is kinda old lady

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation! Doesn't have an orange tint to it, goes on easy & has pretty decent coverage, have received many compliments. However, does need to be touched up throughout the day because it will start to get oily.

on 11/16/2014 2:32:00 PM

This is not my HG but it is as close as I have found. OK coverage, great color match (110) and doesn't seem to cause my skin to break out. I like that a sponge fits in the lower compartment. I use a sponge to apply and then a concealer brush over areas requiring more coverage. I am on my 3rd pan. Will buy again.

This is my HG powder foundation because it doesn't break me out. I feel like this one actually makes my skin healthier after wearing it.
I have acne-prone skin that suffers from clogged pores and every single foundation (liquid) I've tried has broken me out. However, this one works really efficiently to cover up my discoloration and doesn't cause any further breakouts.
The finish is great as it somehow diffuses the texture of my skin and make them look more flawless. The coverage is medium to full, but I don't like to wear it as a full coverage as it can get a cakey look later in the day.
This powder also looks different depending on what skincare, spf you have underneath.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the best powder known to womankind! First off let me say I normally go the drugstore route but I got sick and tired of paying $13 to $15 for L'Oréal or Neutrogena when I can have this for around $25! This powder has lasted me way longer than any drugstore powder I've ever used. So please do yourself a favor and splurge a little cuz you are saving big time in the long run! I've had this for 3 months and still haven't cleaned the pan!

Non drying
Great coverage (I always use over foundation, never alone so I can't comment on that)
Flawless look
Last for hours (oil breakthrough around the 4 to 6 hour mark)
Price is great for how long it lasts
Touches up well
Non cakey
No breakouts or irritation
Full coverage for me (easily covers redness and occasional pimples)
I could honestly go on all night but I will stop now

Clinique is and always has been my go to high end brand. Never a disappointment! I know many disagree and complain about the lab coats and all that but I think it's cool. If you are spending countless dollars on drugstore powder that lasts a couple weeks to a month at most then stop and go get this please! It will change your powder game foreverrrr!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I first tried this product after leaving Mac's Studio Fix. It clogged my skin and something seemed off. I didn't know what it was until I tried Perfectly Real. The answer freshness. Once the makeup settles it looks like a nicer version of my skin. I get countless compliments on my skin even if I have the rare TOM breakout. The suprising part is men have come up to me and asked about the eveness of my skin. I have never been acne prone but I do have sensitive skin and dark spots and this covers them without concealer. I can put this one alone and still look good. I have not had any breakouts or ill effects so its a keeper. The price is okay but it's a department store brand, so you know how that goes. Packing hasn't changed ever I don't think.

before i start my review, i am going to say that this is my first non-drugstore powder i have ever tried. previous to this powder, i used rimmel's stay matte, which i have honestly grown sick of. my aunt bought this for me as a gift (along with the matching BB cream) and i was ecstatic to try some products that weren't from the drugstore.

i assume this was expensive, so i'm just gonna skip the price aspect of this and go straight to the product. the packaging is a sleek, minty green compact that has a compartment underneath the actual pan of powder for a little powder puff. it also has a mirror in it, which is nice for applying this on the go or at school. the powder matches my pale skin perfectly (im shade 106, apparently) and makes my skin look matte without the cakey look that rimmel's powder gave me. this applies nicely with my ecotools powder brush and really looks nice on my skin. this gets rid of my oily skin (which is mostly in the t-zone) and makes my skin look close to perfect. the staying power is great too. this stays matte even on the hottest of summer days, which is essential for my oil slick of a face! i would say this lasts about twelve hours for me (which is insane, because i usually don't have my makeup on for that long anyway), and when it comes down to it, this has become my HG powder.

even though my aunt gave this to me, i will go out to a clique counter and purchase it when i run out. even though this may be pricey, especially for me, a drugstore shopper, it is worth it to me to have matte, nice skin that stays that way all day. great powder!

on 6/19/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Bought this compact foundation because of its sensitive skin friendly ingredients. However, the color selection is very limited and so I was not able to find an exact match for myself. Most of the colors seem very pink based, which didn't work well with my olive skin. It only provides light coverage and at the same time accentuates every little line and unevenness on the skin which just ends up looking like a real mess. Too bad it didn't work for me because my skin didn't react to this foundation at all and I also loved the cute jade green compact. I'd only recommend this to those who have pretty flawless complexion to begin with.