E.L.F. Hypershine Gloss - ALL

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/6/2016 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These glosses are no longer in my beauty collection and I’ll tell you why. I love elf, but these were the stickiest, thickest gloss that I have ever used. I bought them to replace a gloss from Avon that had the same packaging since Avon stopped making it. I’m a big fan of the ones where you twist the bottom and gloss comes out onto the brush at the top. I loved the Avon one, but this was a big nope for me. They slid all over the place and didn’t last very long on top of that.

I had them in bubblegum and fairy. Bubble gum is a creamy, opaque, non shimmery, true to it's name pink and fairy is a light, almost white, shimmery, opaque pink. The colors were pretty, but the formula killed the prettiness of them. I also had it in a clear red color, but since it was so sheer it went in the trash way before I started reating and writing product reviews. So needless to say, these got a one out of five rating from me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like the color berry cherry. It is a sheer muted berry tone.
I would not really call it cherry as that makes me think RED. This is a slight red tone but not really a red color.
I like it for everyday. It is a little sticky but not terrible. I would prefer it in their liquid lipstick applicator and formula.

To Read all 203 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/14/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think the gloss is a bit sticky but the price is good. Mine has a strong rubbery/plastic scent that travels with the gloss - extremely unpleasant.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've got this in Flirt. The color is pretty sheer, but I get a nice little shine from it. The tube has lasted me a surprisingly long time. Yeah, it's really sticky, but it was also a dollar.

on 6/22/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lip glosses I got them in a set. I do like translucent glosses for super casual days were makeup is at its minimum or nothing at all, just to give a tiny bit of color on my lips. This glosses did gave me that, but something in my skin kept reacting to them, so I had to stop using them. A friend ask for them and she used them without problem, so it wasn't the product.
The only thing I didn't like about them was the thick feeling I felt while wearing them, they looked great shiny, not very sticky, but I could feel them a lot. The other thing was with the shimmery gloss, it looked like I had fine glitter on my lips, I don't like that. But in general it is a good product.
The packaging was really nice, it does remind me of the Stila ones, and it is just as good.
They may have not worked for me, but my friend did like them, so, for $2, I would say to give them a chance.

on 6/10/2015 12:20:00 AM

I have Vixen which is supposed to be a deep red colour, only used it once and will not be wearing it again. The texture was odd, it felt sticky on my lips, but I thought maybe it just needs a few minutes to dry. Nope, it doesn't dry and instead stays very wet and sticky the entire time! After a while couldn't think of anything else because it felt so odd and gross so I took it off.

I brought this online and thought the deep red colour looked nice but it didn't live up to my expectations. As soon as I wore it, it was different to how I thought it would look, it was not that very red colour as shown in photos, in fact it barely had a colour tint at all. It just looked like a clear, super shiny lip-gloss which appeared very wet looking on my lips :(

The packaging was very bizarre, as soon as it arrived I didn't know how it worked. It wasn't that clear and definitely not like a regular lip product where you take the lid off and on again. I couldn't see anything inside mine, it looked like a clear tube of absolutely nothing, and I actually had to google it! You know it's not good when you have to look up how to use it, right? So I remember having to tip it upside down for a few minutes so the sticky, gloopy liquid inside could move down the tube and touch the little brush inside, THEN you were able to use it. Maybe this doesn't seem strange to you but it was the first for me and it's like they thought of the most bizarre, impractical way for this lip-gloss to work! Why not just add a lid to the tube and be done with it?

Can't remember how much this was but it doesn't really matter, it was a crap product any way you look at it basically. Won't be buying this again, probably the worst product I've brought from E.L.F along with their "Confetti" long-lustrous eye shadow (if you can call it that).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Looking at the good comments, I'm wondering if I got a dud...
I have this in Berry Cherry; it's a nice shade and shiny as described but it smells like cough syrup. The smell fades but it's way too medicinal for me. Also, I don't find it sticky like others have been describing and it's drying on my lips.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have about 16 of these bad boys, received as gifts and stocking stuffers over the years, usually in gift sets. Some are clear, some are pigmented, but so far I've liked them all. The gloss is sticky (a good trait, IMO) and stays on for quite a while; I hardly have to reapply throughout the day. True, there isn't much in the pen-style tube, but when you don't need much (and they're only $1 anyway) that's not much of a problem. I haven't had any shedding issues with the brush tip, or clogging issues for that matter. Definitely a repurchase gloss, especially when the gift sets are available! Lots of colours and affordable price tag make it easy to enjoy these!

on 4/3/2014 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Ok, this is an amazing product, and if it wasn't for the packaging, I would purchase again and again.

It stays on the lips for a long time and looks nice, however, the cap comes loose and the little brush applicator looses bristles. NOTHING WORSE THAN BRISTLY LIPS!!!!

Improve the packaging, and I am sure more ppl will repurchase. Come on E.L.F, surprise me.

on 2/22/2014 11:05:00 AM

Not too fond of the strong artificial sweet scents but I still love them for the impeccable moisture they give. Wore Blossom today. Lips still feel hydrated despite applying it 9 hours ago and I have not re-applied or put on any other product.

Any time my lips are extremely dry and any lipstick just isn't working because they are sinking into the lines on my lips, I turn to these glosses and they always do the job. No accentuating of lines, they give the most even application.

I personally like Vixen the most because of the reddish tint it gives. I believe it's the most pigmented out of all of them. No gonna lie, they are quite sticky but that doesn't bother me.

Nothing much to say about the application. I like the brush and the pen format as it's less messy compared to a traditional gloss.

So far, I have 3 shades, Fairy, which has a beautiful pearlescent finish, Blossom which doesn't show up too much so not too crazy about that, and Vixen as mentioned, my fave.

Overall, these are great for the price and I love that these are relatively mess-free as compared to the glosses in tubes which product sometimes escapes when you twist the wand back in. The moisture is its best selling point. Looking forward to trying the other darker shades!