High Linoleic Safflower Oil

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/7/2016 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My review is for high linoleic organic cold pressed safflower oil. It doesn't make my skin go crazy with breakouts and eczema, but unfortunately it's just not moisturizing at all. I use this oil for my OCM and it gets off all the makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean. I just wish it were more moisturizing! I'll try something else next.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I can safely say this oil is a god sent. I just healed from bad cyst acne caused by previous experimenting on using oil cleanse (Avocado, Tamanu, and Pumpkin seed). I don't know if safflower oil helped the acne since I am also using tretinoin cream but I can say it doesn't make my skin breakout. I have been using it for over one month.

I use this to oil cleanse (not exactly OCM as I don't use hot water to steam and I use pure safflower oil) and to moisturize. I do not double cleanse with regular cleanser.

How I use this oil to cleanse is pump out adequate amount of oil and then message the whole face and neck. Wet my microfiber cloth with lukewarm water and wipe off the oil. I only do this at PM. I just use plain water from the shower to wash my face in AM.

To moisturize, 1 drop or 2 oil with 1 drop or 2 water, mix them in my palms and press on my face and neck.

My skin used to be oily and dehydrated. Now my skin is still oily but its not dehydrated anymore. It is also less cloggy compared to before when I was using foam cleansers. (I tried lots of cleansers, either those cannot properly clean my face or dry out my skin)

Great stuff! Highly recommend for acne prone skin!

I keep my oil in a mini refrigerator. I got my oil from mountain rose herbs.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So I get my high linoleic safflower oil from Garden of Wisdom and it is totally my HG (apart from Vaniply). I have incredibly reactive, combination, sensitive skin and OCMing and moisturizing with the safflower oil is literally all that my skin will tolerate.

If you have really fussy combination skin, definitely definitely give this a shot. The only reservation about this would be if you have an allergy to ragweed, which apparently can cause issues with this oil.

on 9/18/2014 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've used this oil for about 2.5 months now. I have acne prone, clog prone and dry skin. I keep the bottle in the fridge and take only a few days to a weeks worth (max) out at a time in a small bottle. I mix this with the cerave PM lotion (1/4 cerave and 3/4 safflower). I think after 2.5 months I can confidently say it does not break me out. It has worked very well for me, my face has gotten a lot smoother after having a ton of tiny clogs earlier in the year. I love how it absorbs into my skin overnight and I wake up with very smooth happy skin. I bought this off Garden of wisdom and I will repurchase when I run out!

I just want to add a really important point about safflower oil. Most safflower oil you buy at the grocery store is genetically modified now, which makes it high in oleic acid, which you do not want if you have acne. This could be why several of you are breaking out with it. So make sure that the oil you buy is organic. It's always important, when using for hair or skin, to get oils that are unrefined and cold-pressed. For safflower (and some others like sunflower, soybean, etc) it is extremely important that it also be organic to ensure it is not genetically modified so it doesn't mess up your skin!

Meh. I tried the hain brand and put it on dry hair, wet hair, for a few minutes, all night etc, in no way did I notice any benefits. I tried it on my natural fine dirty blonde hair and now my bleached damaged hair too. Tried it before shampoo and after as a leave in for dry ends. as a leave in was the best option but in order for hair to not look oiled down i used 1-2 drops. and it was nothing special looking or feeling either. the bottle is such a hassle. i have transferred some into smaller bottle but still it just seems like it leaks or its messy. mine has no smell i can detect. My hair apparently doesn't like oils I guess. The coconut oil doesn't do anything for me either. As for my skin, I am too scared to try it because I have oily soon and barely need a moisturizer, but maybe ill try it as makeup remover. Since i have a huge bottle of it and I don't know what to do with it.

on 2/28/2013 3:18:00 AM

I looked into what oils might work for my skin type to use for oil cleansing, and safflower and hemp were recommended for clog prone, sensitive skin with rosacea due to their high linoleic content.
I used it for 3 nights, followed by by regular cleanser to remove the residue. Each morning I woke up to hard lumps that felt like cysts, but were whiteheads on top. Because they multiplied each day, I stopped using it. As soon as I stopped, I got no more lumps, and within 2 days my skin calmed down to normal.
I also used this once on my hair before shampooing out, and was left with the same type of pimple on my scalp.

I used it on my body for 3 days, on damp skin as moisturiser, and had no adverse reactions. It absorbed well and left no real smell.

Sadly this didn't work for me, but I have found very few things do. I'm glad I tried it since it got so many raves, if only to rule it out.

on 4/1/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

All oils are YMMV, and unfortunately safflower didn't work out for me either. Every time I tested it I broke out in small little whiteheads. Too bad, since it was quite effective at dislodging blackheads with OCM. I'll stick with rice bran and jojoba.

on 3/20/2012 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'll hold off on the facial review for now and update later, but so far my skin seems to like it. It soaks in quite quickly!

I just came to rave about my... feet! Omfg, they feel so good. Not in that slightly raw, rosy, I've-just-exfoliated way, but just smooth, supple, elastic skin. I got some leftover oil taking my makeup off, so I just slapped it on and a pair of socks over. No foot bath, no exfoliation, no nothing. I'm absolutely blown away. Might be a tip for those of you who can't tolerate it on your face. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update: I've been using the safflower oil for a few weeks now to take off my makeup and moisturize. I'm probably invoking the big pimple curse saying it, but my skin feels really nice! It does nothing for my scars, I still have marks, but it seems to lessen new breakouts. I've never been able to do the whole traditional OCM with olive oil and whatever, but since this stuff is so much lighter I can even deep cleanse without any adverse effects.

Definitely read this article: http://www.makeupalley.com/user/notepad/d_E_S_S

I keep my oil in an old foundation pump bottle (thoroughly cleaned and sterilized!) and the rest stays in the back of the fridge.

I don't like it as a hair oil, unfortunately. It goes on nice at first, but since I don't wash my hair length every day it just smells sort of... Rancid, after a while.

on 9/28/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My skin doesnt agree with safflower oil. It breaks me out whichever way I use it. If i tissue it off, if I steam it off with a washcloth, if I use it as a pre-cleanse and remove it with cleanser afterwards (I think this one's the worst method). Wanted to like it, but waste of money.

Popular Face Skincare Products