Urban Decay Mai Tai

No Image

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This has got bad reviews and I can understand why, but as a product it is actually excellent! Not worth full price at all, but they go for cheap a lot of the time and I bought mine for a very low price on ebay.

Of all the UD powders, this is the only one I've almost used up entirely! The colour is gorgeous, gold loveliness. I love the brush applicator, so simple to use. Ok- it's not easy to put in your bag, but I wouldn't do that with the other powders either! This is nice over the body balm as it keeps it on the skin, the balms have a finer shimmer, whereas these powders have a more glittery finish. I like to flick the brush in the air above my head and get glimmer in my hair.

The packaging has a coloured brush attached to the top of the jar and rhinestones around the neck, where you twist it to open and close. You can easily twist the whole thing off and use it as an eyeshadow I've never had it twist off on its own, so you could easily put this in a separate bag to protect your stuff getting glittery in your handbag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Mai Tai body powder isn't the best out of all three. They discontinued most of the other ones that were perfect. Then came out with Pina Colada, Mai Tai, and Cosmopolitan. It looks kind of shimmery and bronzey but I like the others a little bit more. It's also very huge to take around with you. So you'd have to apply it once and hope for the best. Tastes very sweet as the person below me said but it smells nice. I won't buy again as I have lots of these type of things and I don't use them very often. It's very pricey as well.

This stuff makes me miss the old powders -- why did they discontinue those?? The new UD powders come in three cocktail flavours: Mai Tai, Pina Colada and Cosmopolitan. The Mai Tai of course is a lovely golden tan shimmer, but the taste is like Sweet-n-Low...ick! The new powders also now brush on, with the brush actually ATTACHED to the powder holder, which makes it impossible to travel with. Also... the old ones were 18 grams for 25.00...these ones are 7 grams for 30.00!! It looks like now we are paying more for the dysfunctional packaging. I hate to be giving this a 2 out of 5, since I LOVE Urban Decay. But I still don't understand why they discontinued their beautiful HG powders for this junk.