4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

19 days ago

Wonderful shampoo! As soon as I discovered its awesomeness I wanted to add it to Makeupalley, so I can write a glowing review, turns out it’s already here :). Anyway- I have dry scalp which was dried even more by an awful “natural” shampoo I recently used. I’ve heard good reviews on Korres shampoos overall, so I decided to give it a try. Great idea! What I fell in love with: - cleanses thoroughly, - you only need a little bit so even smaller bottle will last me for longer (they could sell bigger bottles though), - it’s easier to brush my hair after using it, - doesn’t tangle up my hair, - my hair is shiny, bouncy, healthy, like in an advertisement or something! - both scalp and hair are moisturized- but not oily- great! Overall, it does exactly what it’s supposed to do, and I’m so happy I found this little gem. Highly recommend. The only con: the scent. Smells like one of my household cleaning products. I’m willing to overlook it though because the results are amazing.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

9 months ago

This very herbal, almost medicated-smelling shampoo is quite soothing to my scalp and doesn't irritate it at all, despite the inclusion of the dreaded SLS. I was actually quite surprised at this as Korres put a lot of emphasis on their 'naturally derived ingredients' and this sits at complete odds with that to find SLS or SLES in one of their shampoos. So back to results...in my case my current fave 'Yes to Carrots' Shampoo was way too heavy to travel with so I threw a sachet of Korres Laurel & Echinacea (which has been sitting patiently waiting to be used up) in as I only needed enough shampoo for one wash. My scalp for reference is oily but also dry and prone to psoriasis if I don't keep on top of my diet and hair care routine. This shampoo has a fair number of calming botanicals in it and I felt a soothing effect when I used it. Normally if a shampoo isn't strong enough my scalp begins to itch within the hour! This one didn't do that, but that's probably a lot to do with the choice of surfactant in here, which is good for cleansing thoroughly...a bit too thoroughly some may argue! In my case this didn't leave my hair lank, although I did follow with their conditioner (the name escapes as I write this but it's the one for normal hair). Bottom line: For a one-off, as in my case, or for occasional use this is a good quality, soothing shampoo that did help to keep my scalp clear and my hair properly cleansed - most shampoos don't achieve that for me! I've now used up 4 sachets of this. I just wish the SLS wasn't in here as any shampoo with that in starts to cause issues usually within 1-2 weeks as I keep using it. I'll probably stick to alternating it with my current shampoo so that hopefully doesn't happen! Will update here if it does... Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

You need to massage it on the scalp for a few minutes so its ingredients can really work but this shampoo is the only one that has actually helped with my dandruff/dry scalp. Just a side note,it doesn't help to soften the hair in case you have dry hair. .

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I have seborrhoea, which can essentially be described as a very bad case of oily, itchy dandruff or an adult version of cradle cap. To keep this in check with ordinary shampoos I need to wash every single day, since they just can't tackle the build-up of dry and oily skin if I go longer between washes. With this shampoo I've found I can stretch washes four days. So wash on day one, no wash day two and three, wash day four. True, there is a slight build-up of dandruff for day four but not that bad. The main reason I wash on day four is simply that my hair starts to look greasy then. To make this shampoo work it is really, really important to let it sit for at least five minutes. This softens the dry skin, making it loosen and thus wash out easily. Personally, I prefer to use two-three drops for a first wash. Just to break the oily barrier on my hair. Rinse, then I use a small dollop (a little does it) just for my scalp and it foams wonderfully. If I don't to a pre-wash it foams less and is harder to massage into the scalp. It is a very gentle shampoo, considering it is an anti-dandruff one, that keeps my hair and my scalp happy, healthy and mostly problem free. I can even go without using conditioner with this, in a pinch, which I can't with any other shampoo. Oh, and the best part? A little really does it. I bought a bottle of this in April 2011. That one bottle lasted me for a whole year. Admittedly, I don't use this shampoo on my lengths (just the scalp) but still a very, very concentrated shampoo. Now, do keep in mind that this is a treatment shampoo. It is not designed to solve problems with dry hair and scalp. Many people get dandruff simply because their scalp is dry. If that is the case, you are better off trying one of their shampoos for dry hair. I think that is the issue most people have for whom this shampoo does not work.

About reviewer (181 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

2.0

12 years ago

Nice smell, nice shampoo but did not do what it advertises. My scalp is still dry and dandruff is still there. It did not irritate my scalp so that was a plus. Would not purchase again though.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

12 years ago

This shampoo completely calms my scalp down. I now cannot live without it! Plus, I love the smell.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily

HairBlond

13 years ago

i had a huge problem with my hair and this baby solved it! i use it with korres peeling for hair and sculp.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

13 years ago

excellent product, purifies, treats scaly skin, while hydrating and leaving hair, very manageable and shiny bought it in greece for 7euros!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlack

14 years ago

i have been using this since 4 months ago and my supply is getting low. i will run out to get it if i can still find it in my local store. the last time i checked they carry all kinds of bath&body stuffs here except this particular shampoo, so u see it's very painful to know that because this is my HG shampoo. i use very little on my scalp each time and i only wash it once as opposed to the directions on the bottle that says to rinse off and wash again. i find it quite wasteful and that washing it one time does the job just nice. i cant remember the last time i suffered from an itchy scalp, i never have dandruff or flackies anymore nor do i need to wash my hair every single day. it's heaven sent as far as i m concerned and it's natural. and the 2 mins soak is necessary in order for it to work.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age30-35