MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig
image 1image 2image 3

4.1

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

MAC Twig is a really beautiful shade. I'm Asian and this shade is sooo pretty on me! I think Twig would look good on anyone. It is also a good MLBB shade (my lips but better). It is neither moisturizing or drying. The only con of this is that the finish is Satin. I would have given this 5 Lipsticks if the finish was Matte, but either way, I love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

one of my favorite MAC lipsticks.

definitely will sure repurchase this one.

To Read all 293 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/4/2016 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Twig is mlbb on me so I love it! It comes on a muted pinkish brown and it's such a great everyday colour. I find that on me twig looks better in summer when I dye I my hair light, I like to wear more fushia colours when I have dark hair.

Probably my favourite lipstick! I love this colour its a neutral pink with brown undertones that is great for everyday wear especially if you prefer to wear more natural shades of lipstick. Its a Satin finish so its just between matte and creamsheen. It has lasts long, but like most lipsticks, you may need to reapply after eating. Colour I can reach for anytime, goes well with many eyeshadow looks too!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If I had to wear only 1 lipstick for the rest of my life, it would probably be this one. Not hyperbole either. Glad it's part of MAC's permanent line cause I definitely see myself repurchasing this. It's a neutral pink-brown imo and I have light-medium asian skin (warm, leaning neutral) which works very well with it. On my skin, it pulls a darker, rosy nude that looks feminine but edgy as in some lighting, it looks a bit muted. This was the colour that I wished Velvet Teddy pulled on me though to be fair, I bought into the hype of the Kylie lip and bought that shade blind. Anyway, this is a good, safe, everyday colour that is true to its name as a satin, being that it's creamy with a very slight shine to the lips. It lasts about 4 hours on me, sometimes even through meals though it's no hassle to re-apply.

Took off some points on price and packaging though: it's SGD31 here, which is a lot more than the USD16 it costs in the States. Packaging is sturdy and classy, but since all MAC lipsticks in the regular bullet range look similar and only have names on the underside, it's a little annoying to go through your stash.

Overall, this is a great shade that I recommend if you like your deeper rosy nudes or warm mauves.

I bought this color in a rush at the mall and when I tried it on later, I was horrified. With my pale skin, it almost looked clownish. However, I started dabbing it on my lips and found that its actually a lovely color and one of my favorites.

My hubby just bought me this for my birthday. This is my second MAC lipstick. The other shade I own is Brave which is also in the satin collection. I love both shades. They are both great everyday colors. Twig is a pinkish brown color. I have seen many tutorials using this color and it seems to look good on all skin tones. This is a great lipstick to wear everyday but is also a great color to wear out at night. It lasts a good while even with eating and drinking. It is definitely worth the $17.

on 11/11/2015 3:34:00 PM

This is a good nude its a pink brown and it looks good with macs satin taupe eyeshadow. I wouldn't repurchase because wnw in the flesh is too similar and cheaper and im not going to pay 17.00 for a lipstick I think mac is ridiculous for going up on the lipstick prices again so I only buy sin and that is it and that's the exact reason I gave up bath n body works I won't pay high prices for stuff that can be duped for cheaper sorry mac but your prices are a lil ridiculous now for the same colors that many other companies have duped 😂

on 11/2/2015 6:26:00 PM

This is a different tone than it was 17 years...back then it was more pink brown. Now it has this orange pink almost red clay type shade going on. Now...if you are not one of us that pull out orange & brown this should look like a nice deep mlbb shade. But if you tend to pull out orange & brown tones like my nw20 deep winter complexion does...this may very well look eh. It doesn't look horrible but it isn't good either. I prefer Faux, Brave, VGV, etc.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I did not care for Twig. I'm an NW20 with pink undertones, green eyes and golden blonde hair. I agree with another review that I read which stated that in some lights Twig looks good and in other lighting it just washes you out, actually, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror down in my lobby and I looked like death took a holiday! I looked plain sick! Twig has been compared to Maybelline Touch Of Spice which happens to be one of my favorites but in my opinion Twig is a little lighter and has more of a purple undertone to it and maybe that is what was clashing with my skintone in certain lighting. I'm glad I didn't pay for this or it would be going right back to the store. I had my last 6 empty containers so I got the lipstick for free. The vanilla fragrance is lovely as is the satin finish but this color just didn't work for me. Oh, and I see now that Mac lipstick is up to SEVENTEEN DOLLARS! Wow, the last time I purchased one I think it was 15. That's a lot of money for a lipstick! I can't see spending that since Revlon and Maybelline have such high quality lipsticks for around 6 dollars in so many different colors to choose from. Oh well, in the trash Twig goes!