MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig
mac twigMAC TwigSatin Lipstick in TwigTwig lipstickTwig lipstick by Mac

4.1

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 11/15/2017 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my everyday go to lipstick. This shade is amazing! I get so many compliments on it and my friends always want to know what color i'm wearing. It is sort of a neutral mauve color and serves as an enhancement to my natural lip color. It is great for everyday because it is basic and pretty neutral yet I still have added color on my lips.

on 11/15/2017 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Twig is a rich, deep rosy brown with plummy rose undertones that can look more brown or rosy, depending on skin tone and how much you apply.
This is a blast from the past as it was the first MAC lipstick I ever saved up money to buy as a teen, back when MAC lipsticks came in silver chrome bullets and Rachel from Friends was a style icon. I don't remember having strong feelings about the shade; only that I bought it at the recommendation of a MAC artist as it was a popular "neutral" everyday shade in a pleasingly dense, highly pigmented Satin texture. I did lose interest in it quickly as it pulled brown and seemed a bit dulling on my then-NC35 skin.
Ironically, almost 20 years later thanks to Kylie Jenner, shades like Twig have come back in vogue.
I'm more of a Mehr girl, being paler (NC20/25) than I used to be, but I still sometimes wear Twig sheer for a more dramatic flushed-lip look since it pulls a muted rosy plum on me now. Lasting power is great as usual since it's a Satin, and one tube lasts forever for me since I wear it slightly sheer.
My only gripe is concerning Lauder's steep price hikes in Asia. MAC lipsticks went up $3.50 (USD14 to 17.50) between 2004 and 2017. In Singapore, it went from $25 to $33 (approx USD24) in the same time-frame, making it hard to justify repurchasing when Maybelline Touch of Spice is such good quality, looks pretty much the same on me, and costs 1/3 the price on sale.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

it looks good on my medium skin tone
creamy
color is gorgeous
i think the color is similar with kvd lolita, but feels like this one is more brighter one cmiiw

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's my favourite lipstick. The color is amazing. it is very long lasting, but not dry. The packeging is very Good, classic and Black. It is a little bit expensive, but for this quality it is worth it

on 7/17/2017 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I always wanted a nude lip shade which has some color and doesnt washes me out. I was after Mehr (I read lot about Mehr as its the best nude shade for Indian girls) but unfortunatrly it was out of stock so the sales girl brought Twig saying its the samr family and satin finish, I was reluctant first but after trying it on my lips Voila Its beautiful pinky shade with some browns in it, well this is how it looks on me. I am between NC35 -40 .
I like the texture of the lipstic, its smooth non drying glides beautifully on lips.
I was crazy about Mac matte shades but after using their satin finish I am in love with this texture.
It smells nice, and stays on my lips for good 4-5 hours. Ilove doing smokey eyes so this is a perfect shade for me.

on 11/1/2017 3:18:00 PM

Gorgeous colour!
Creamy formula
Nice smell and packaging

on 5/3/2017 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I just love MAC lipsticks! This one is no exception. My most used lipstick is Mehr, and this one is not very far off colourwise, it's slightly darker, but still very much a mauve brown pink. Perfect for everyday wear. Normally I'm really into the matte shades, but this satin finish one is utterly gorgeous. It is easier to apply and re apply than the matte lipsticks and the colour... Oh my gosh, it is perfection.

I LOVE this lipstick!! I seriously haven't found a to-die-for lipstick in probably two years. I usually wear pinky colors and deep reds, and this color is a gorgeous mix of pink and brown. I'm pretty pale with blue eyes and blonde hair with reddish undertones and wear a NC-20. This shade just looks amazing on! I pair it with the lip liner Half Red and let me tell ya, it made it pop even more. In a good way! You ladies seriously won't regret this lipstick!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

Usually I wear very light/nude lipstick, but I wanted one that was a little darker for winter. I expected Twig to be very dark brown on, but I was pleasantly surprised. This was very flattering on me.

The color was more mauve than the name Twig makes it sound, and it was on the darker side. Nice winter color, and I LOVE the MAC lipsticks and their vanilla scent.

I do find that mold sometimes grows on my MAC lipsticks, though, Not very often.

The price is a little more than I like to spend, but it's a very nice product.

Dupes are supposedly: Revlon Sultry and Maybelline Touch of Spice (will add a comparison photo), Avon Twig lipstick, Prestige VIP lipstick, Jane Lip Huggers in Kind Of Carob; Neutrogena Lipstick in Rose Suede, but I don't know if any of those are still available.

on 7/12/2017 9:20:00 AM

I dont know if I like this one more or Mehr but its definitely a color that suits medium warm complexions. Its more on browny side than pink and a good workwear shade.