MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig
mac twigMAC TwigSatin Lipstick in TwigTwig lipstickTwig lipstick by Mac

4.1

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 7/17/2017 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I always wanted a nude lip shade which has some color and doesnt washes me out. I was after Mehr (I read lot about Mehr as its the best nude shade for Indian girls) but unfortunatrly it was out of stock so the sales girl brought Twig saying its the samr family and satin finish, I was reluctant first but after trying it on my lips Voila Its beautiful pinky shade with some browns in it, well this is how it looks on me. I am between NC35 -40 .
I like the texture of the lipstic, its smooth non drying glides beautifully on lips.
I was crazy about Mac matte shades but after using their satin finish I am in love with this texture.
It smells nice, and stays on my lips for good 4-5 hours. Ilove doing smokey eyes so this is a perfect shade for me.

on 7/12/2017 9:20:00 AM

I dont know if I like this one more or Mehr but its definitely a color that suits medium warm complexions. Its more on browny side than pink and a good workwear shade.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

Usually I wear very light/nude lipstick, but I wanted one that was a little darker for winter. I expected Twig to be very dark brown on, but I was pleasantly surprised. This was very flattering on me.

The color was more mauve than the name Twig makes it sound, and it was on the darker side. Nice winter color, and I LOVE the MAC lipsticks and their vanilla scent.

I do find that mold sometimes grows on my MAC lipsticks, though, Not very often.

The price is a little more than I like to spend, but it's a very nice product.

Dupes are supposedly: Revlon Sultry and Maybelline Touch of Spice (will add a comparison photo), Avon Twig lipstick, Prestige VIP lipstick, Jane Lip Huggers in Kind Of Carob; Neutrogena Lipstick in Rose Suede, but I don't know if any of those are still available.

on 5/3/2017 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I just love MAC lipsticks! This one is no exception. My most used lipstick is Mehr, and this one is not very far off colourwise, it's slightly darker, but still very much a mauve brown pink. Perfect for everyday wear. Normally I'm really into the matte shades, but this satin finish one is utterly gorgeous. It is easier to apply and re apply than the matte lipsticks and the colour... Oh my gosh, it is perfection.

I LOVE this lipstick!! I seriously haven't found a to-die-for lipstick in probably two years. I usually wear pinky colors and deep reds, and this color is a gorgeous mix of pink and brown. I'm pretty pale with blue eyes and blonde hair with reddish undertones and wear a NC-20. This shade just looks amazing on! I pair it with the lip liner Half Red and let me tell ya, it made it pop even more. In a good way! You ladies seriously won't regret this lipstick!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I did a new fall lipstick wardrobe redo a month ago. At that time Twig wasn't purchased or even considered. A few wks later I went back to check out blushes and was curious about Amorous because I needed a plum tone lipstick. I almost ordered it on line sight un seen because I was certain I'd love it based on pics and rave reviews. I'm so glad I didn't because it wasn't for me. It wasn't muted, as it can look on some people. Twig is actually what I wanted Amorous to be on me. It's a muted plummy, pinky brown. I wear it with either Cork or Plum liner, depending on how I want it to lean. This is now a fall/winter staple for me for day or night.

the color is simply AMAZING! and it's long lasting too. i would recommend to anyone. i could wear this everyday!

on 9/12/2016 12:41:00 AM

This is a beautiful, medium-toned color (it's a warm mauve that pulls abit chocolate-y/red on my neutral-undertone skin). It has a gorgeous satin-finish. It goes really well with 'Plumfoolery' blush. Perfect lip/cheek combo for fall that can be taken from day to night. Twig will suit a large group of skintones from fair to dark. I don't usually do brown-ish lipsticks (or nudes), so after trying plenty of browns and nudes, I finally settled for Twig for my brown, and Kinda Sexy for my nude. Wouldn't call either of them my MLBB shade, Twig is too dark, Kinda Sexy too light, but they are great, versatile colors. Twig's satin formula feels alot more comfortable on the lips compared to MAC's matte lipsticks. It lasts several hours too. I'm really liking this one alot.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love thus one like crazy, better than the teddy brown one, it self soft, smooth, shiny, and satine-y. I luv the vanilla-like fragrance. It lasts a long time, and lives up to its word on the colour is the same on my lips that's is in the tube and why I used the tester to swatch it. It's MLBB shade I sware. It's my HG it santins in the MAC lipsticks!

on 8/28/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I can see why this color is popular; it suits pretty much every skin tone. I have a medium-tan complexion and this color appears to be a pinkish-brown on me. It applies smoothly and opaquely with a nice satin finish. It isn't drying but isn't really hydrating. I wish Mac did not raise their prices but compared to other high-end lipsticks, their price is alright. Although this is a satin lipstick, the lasting power is still pretty impressive. I applied two layers in the morning then ate a banana, drank a bottle of water, and ate chicken and rice; at the end, a reddish-pink stain was left on the lips.