Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

4.3

bliss beauty trio

I've heard wonderful reviews about the Pro Skincare Brush and decided to give it a try for myself. A bit on the pricey side but totally worth it! So glad I decided to make the purchase. There's a huge list of benefits: extremely delicate, removes dirt and makeup without irritation, brush bristles are gentle, easy to travel with. I've seen such a difference in my skin since using and am loving this new glow!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love my clarisonic but I find that I have to take a break from it every few days or so because it can be harsh on my skin even wih the sensitive skin brush head. My skin looks great.

To Read all 928 Reviews, Login or Join

I was really skeptical about buying this brush. However, because I love my sonicare so much..I figure why not give this Clarisonic a try and see if I will love this too. Guess what???? I LOVE IT!!! I wish I had this baby sooner. It really deep cleans and gets the gunk out of my pores. I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleaner with it and my skin looks wonderful. Definitely pricey $$$$$ but I have to say well worth it.:)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using the Clarisonic Pro off and on for about 6 years and have never had a problem with it. I say off and on because I get lazy to use the device and will go weeks or months without using it and just manually cleanse using my Purity cleanser and a wash cloth. The only issue I have is that it can be a little heavy to use/hang on to, the brush heads are expensive. But for as old as my device is, it still holds the charge and recharges quickly. I have oily, acne prone skin w/ dry patches from nightly treatment with Tretinoin cream. I only use my device at night to deeply cleanse my skin. When I use it regularly I notice that my skin glows and looks softer and smoother. I have never had problems with the brush heads getting moldy or discolored nor has the unit itself become moldy where the brush head screws on. People who have complained of these issues may not be keeping their units clean. After each use I remove the brush head and rinse it thoroughly with warm water and allow it to air dry, I also rinse the unit itself where the brush mounts onto the unit. I never leave the brush on the unit while it is wet and allow it to dry. I also wash the brush heads with antibacterial soap once/week to clean them and I wash out the brush head mount on the device with the same brush while it has the soap on it and rinse it w/ warm water. I will even occasionally pour a cap full of white vinegar into the well where the brush mounts onto the device to deodorize the unit and to kill mold. I swirl the vinegar around in it then I rinse w/ fresh water and allow it to dry. You can do the same thing w/ the brushes. Just fill your clean sink w/ a little warm water, a splash of white vinegar and allow the brush head to soak for a short time to disinfect it. The Clarisonic is a pricey investment and I take the time to take care of the unit and it's accessories. I think it is a worthwhile investment and most people will see an improvement in the quality of their skin. And I do not replace the brush heads as often as I should because they are pricey, that is why I take the time to clean mine. It is recommended that one replaces the brushes every three months. I have been using the same brush head since the first of the year and it is now the month of May. I only replace them when the bristles look worn and they feel like they are not cleansing my skin the way they should. If price is an issue then do your price comparisons first and shop around to see where you can get the best price. I purchased mine 6 years ago from QVC as a "today's special value".

on 4/23/2016 7:50:00 PM

Buyer beware! I loved this brush, I did. I'm not sure if it actually helped with acne, but it was a lazy way to exfoliate very effectively. I'm pretty sure it even made my acne worse when I didn't religiously replace the brushes every 3 months (very pricey!), even if I nuked them regularly. Its poor quality makes the high price totally unjustifiable, though.

The real problem? It doesn't last long! Especially for something so expensive!

The short version: big, big disappointment for the price. It has poor design that is literally conceived to die as soon as the batteries do or as soon as a jolt detaches them. Plus the brushes are very expensive. A simple google search shows how common this problem is.

My advice: If you want a facial brush, buy a less expensive alternative so that you aren't too sad when it dies.

The long version: It's life is limited drastically by the fact that it has rechargeable batteries in it that can't be replaced and seem poorly attached. Really???? We all know that reusable batteries need to be replaced regularly...

Mine stopped working just over a year after I bought it. I'm not sure if I will be able to get it replaced under the two year warranty or not. Other Clarisonic models only have a year long warranty. You also *have* to register it and have a "validated" proof of purchase. I'm pretty sure I did register and save the receipt, but I can't find it in my regular warranty drawer, so I'm just tough out of luck. Pretty darn irritating at this price.

Given the price you invest in this, it would also be irritating two or three years after you buy it, given the hefty price tag, and no warranty registration or receipt helps then... And it will die, it's just a matter of how long your batteries last.

You can google " Clarisonic problems" or "problems charging Clarisonic" and you will see just how common this is. There isn't much to protect the connection to the batteries, so if it gets dropped or jolted (i.e. during mail delivery) that can break it, too.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've had mine for about four years now. I used it religiously at first day and night with various cleansers and brushes. Does it clean? Yes. What else does it do? Absolutely nothing.
My experience:
I started out with the normal brush head. I started to break out like crazy. I never had an acne problem back in my teen years. In fact, I don't think I ever got a zit at all. I'm very prone to clogged pores though because I'm very oily. Even now at 38, I still have very oily skin. I switched to the acne brush with no difference. I moved on to the deep pore brush which made my skin a lot worse. I then switched frequency. I originally was doing two full cycles at once 2x a day. I figure, my skin is bad so it needed the extra scrubbing. I realized that wasn't helping. I switched to one full cycle once a day. I switched to every other day. Still, no difference in skin. I went the opposite direction in brushes and started to switch to the more gentle brushes. The delicate brush 2x a week seemed to be the best routine for me. But, I got lazy and ran out of brushes and it just sat in my room for a couple of years unused.
Recent experience:
I made the decision before Christmas to give the Clarisonic one last ditch effort before I call it quits. I got the sensitive brush head to use with my favorite AM cleanser. I had a well thought out plan on how to use this again. I knew the cleanser I was using wasn't going to cause issues. I also planned on using this only 3x a week in the mornings with using a sensitive head brush. I made sure to start this routine with clear skin. Same ol' song and dance. Frustrated as hell! After using this for one week (3x max) my skin started to break out again and my cheeks were started to get red again. I'm prone to redness in my skin and my AM cleanser was fixing that issue (contains retinol). The Clarisonic destroyed the positive results I was getting with the cleanser.
End result:
I gave it my all! I have to let it go. Let it go! Let it go!

on 10/28/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I owned a Clarisonic for over a year before throwing it into the trash. So yes, I definitely had enough time to decide if I truly love or hate this product.

I hated it. Clarisonics are in my opinion, overhyped and overpriced. During this time period I tried several knock offs just to compare. A much cheaper version (Olay) performed just as well. However that's not why I am giving this product 1 lippie. If it was just overpriced and I loved it, I'd still give it 5 lippies.

Clarisonic is getting 1 lippie due to the damage it did to my skin. I learned the hard way that I *do* have thin, sensitive skin. And that manual exfoliation is NOT suited for my skintype. I honestly believe the Clarisonic is responsible for a lot of the broken capillaries that arrived on my pizzaface back in 2011.

I find chemical exfoliators (IE glycolic acid) to be much more effective at evenly exfoliating sun damage off. Clarisonic did nothing to get rid of my freckles... yet alpha hydroxy acids erased them ALL.

My last big beef with this product is the fact that it can potentially damage/distrupt your skin's protective barrier. When that is compromised, you are at a higher risk for breaking out due to bacteria. So if any of you are noticing a huge break out while using a Clarisonic, that very well may be the culprit.

The bottom line: only use the Clarisonic if you have thick, tough skin. If you are prone to broken capillaries run away. I find using an oil cleanser removes EVERYTHING from my face without needing to use any type of skin brush.

-----------------------------------
Edited to add: The only oil that doesn't break my acne-prone skin out is Jojoba.

Love this product very much. I use it to clean my face once a day. More then one day didn't use it I will very uncomfortable with my skin.

on 8/16/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

TLDR: the clarisonic is a really expensive reminder to exfoliate.

I was sold on the hype after hearing how glowing your skin gets from using and I got this for my birthday last year. 1 year later my thoughts are mixed.

Pros: does a decent job physically exfoliating. The timer is nice so you know to move around your face.
Cons: Price, brush head softness, noticeable results.

I think the die hard converts to the Clarisonic are those who didn't regularly exfoliate previous to purchasing one. I have rosacea combined with very dry temples and oily/blackhead prone t-zone. Previous to purchase, I used a $1 face brush from the dollar store combined with the Amore Pacific treatment enzyme peel (APtep) ~ 2-4x a week. I also used olay regenerist microderm abrasion + peel every 2 weeks. I switched to the occasional addition of the APtep with the Clarisonic solely around the same frequency, after my Olay ran out.

Skin changes: there was only a slight reduction in the milia close to my mouth. Texture remained unchanged. I didn't notice any reduction in blackheads, which was my main motivation for purchasing this. :( There is a softness to your skin after you finish, but it may be due to the blood rushing to my face. In my old routine, I got the same feeling after using the microderm abrasion kit combined with a bit of a longer face massage.

Noticeable things about the product: The brush heads felt much rougher on my skin than my cheapie face brush, and my rosacea didn't loooove it. It wasn't too much but I never wanted to go to using the clarisonic every day. Because I didn't use it everyday, I don't know if that's why I never had and purging irritation. I also never used the standard heads, only the sensitive. It looks pretty on my shelf, and tbh, it kept screaming at me to use it, since it costs $300 freaking dollars. I wish the battery lasted longer (a single charge didn't get me through a 3 week vacation w/no charger).

I am not going to comment on the "cleaning' ability of this product, as I use a makeup remover and face wash and have never seen makeup residue on the brush heads.

I am hesitant to recommend it, but I guess it's an expensive way to help you form an exfoliation habit, since I think most people don't remember to. I think if you regularly exfoliate in any way a few times a week, it'll give you similar results. And I think my previous chemical/physical switchup was way better for my pores than just using the clarisonic alone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is actually a pretty good device, but it never ended up becoming a mainstay in my daily routine. I purchased mine almost four years ago after my skin care professional recommended it so enthusiastically I felt like I would be crazy to not get one :/.

(In my defense, the dude is 50+ but *easily* looks mid-30s, so when he sincerely recommends something that he uses himself (and he was definitely sincere!), it's hard not to fall for the pitch, especially since he's so ethical he's talked me out of purchasing stuff on multiple occasions, or at least made me try a sample first.)

On that note, if you decide to splurge for the pro version, you'll get an extra two years on the warranty if purchased through a professional skin care service provider, but it doesn't cost any more than it would if purchased elsewhere. That actually came in incredibly handy when my first one turned out to have an issue with the recharger (wouldn't charge unless the battery was fully depleted, which apparently isn't how it's supposed to work). Mentioned it on a visit with my skin guy over a year later and he said it was still under warranty and was able to replace it with a version that was even better! (Came with a back/body extension head, which the original didn't have.)

Anyway, I used my Clarisonic Pro off and on for over a year and was actually very satisfied with the results. It does a great job of cleansing/exfoliating, no complaints there. It just got to be a PITA after awhile with the need for periodic recharging (annoying when you live in a shoebox with a limited number of available outlets!) and the replacement heads are pretty expensive (mine kept getting moldy but that's probably an issue with my bathroom/humidity and not the device itself. Just saying'!).

If I'm to be perfectly honest, I just got....bored with it. That, and I'm not a fan of the kinds of cleansers that work well with a Clarisonic. I don't like soapy stuff on my face (I NEVER wash with soapy products otherwise).

My ideal cleansing routine is a physical exfoliator from a tube. Once a day, only in the shower. Product ennui isn't an issue because I can always try a new exfoliant when I get bored with the current one. That has been my routine since I was a teen and I'm now 38. It works for me. The Clarisonic was an interesting experiment, truly works well, and I would recommend it (or other similar devices that do the same thing) to other people.

Me, I'm cheap and lazy, with the attention span of a gnat, and I'm okay with that. My skin is pretty happy too.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools