Jane Cosmetics Megabites Glossy Gloss

No Image

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

These were BOGOF at Walgreens this week...I figure why not? I love Jane...never really had a stinker in the product area (in the color area, yes! ex. Shine Langugage in Girl Talk...nasty color. gorgeous texture & smell).

It looks like a relative of the Lancome Juicy Tubes, with the Ez - on applicator. The shine is there...but I was expecting more tackiness. I love tacky gloss...lasts longer and feels better on my lips. I got two gorgeous colors,

Splash - Pinky gold, pineapple scented.

Chandiler - Clear w/ glitter, berry scented.

I was let down by these heavily...I wont be buying them again.

ETA - I tried out my friends tube of this, and they reformulated and now its really thick and tacky! I might be buying another tube. continued >>

on 2/11/2004 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this gloss in Chandelier and Paper doll. Chandelier looked liquidy, but I haven't tried it yet. On the other hand, Paper Doll looked good but wouldn't come out of the tube. I thought it was stuck, but soon found out that the gloss was hard like balm. Imagine squeezing hard thick balm out of a tube. Maybe this gloss was a fluke, but still. And there were chunks of glitter in it since it was so dry. I think there was just something wrong with the specific product that I purchased. I would give it a three, but...you don't know how horrible the one I have is. I was looking forward to the pink glitter, too...

EDIT: I tried using this product again, and it wasn't as dry. It got a little creamier. I put on a little but the scent of berries was too strong. Overall, I could take the scent, but that day I really didn't feel like it.

2nd EDIT: I've finally tried chandelier. It's liquidy, but a little two much. It's a little greasy and the glitter feels gritty on my lips. The shine is that of an ordinary lip gloss, and I've got plenty of those. It only lasts about half an hour. Only one more l/s because of Chandelier being an "okay" and "could've been better" gloss.

I have Shhhhy. I like the pineapple smell/flavor. But the color is too dark and copperish for me. If they make any new colors that don't have so much glitter in it, I'd buy it.
And I love the applicator too. Oh well, at least they don't test on animals.

I really wanted to like these more, because i love the packageing and the color (i have ballerina) is very pretty and looks wonderful on me. But the sad fact is that the glitter is just way to big! It feels like i have chunks of sand on my lips!

The prodcut also seperates in the tube and then smells like a chemical after a long period of time.

I WOULD buy this again, because i have a love hate relationship with it, but in a different color.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

nice shine with pretty irredecsent sparkles to give it a kick. easy-to-use slanted applicator. i only gave it 3 lippies because the flavor/scent are sickeningly strong, it has bad staying power, and the tube seems to leak. looks nicer in package than on lips. would buy again but only in another flavor that is not as strong.

I really like this in Paper Doll.It smells better than any lip gloss I have ever tried,and is really glossy.The only thing I would change is to take the sparkles out b/c it really does make it gritty.Tip:If you keep it warm,like in your jeans pocket,it comes out easier,glossier,and is not as gritty.

I this product on sale for $2.15 at a nearby walgreens. I was ecstatic to see that they sold them that cheap! I had just heard reviews about Megabytes glossy gloss, and thought I'de take a look at em'. I purchased mine in "Pineapple". It smells delicious! The color is a extremely sheer gold with small golden flecks. This product rocks! I'de definaltly recommend it anyone..It looks great on all skin tones! Its sells regularly for around $3.50 USD.

on 1/26/2002 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I only have one so far but I really like it. It has a good consistency and tastes and smells pretty good. They only problem I have is that the glitter is a little gritty. It probably wont bother most of you but those with sensitive lips it might.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Clearly Pink. LOVE IT! The consistancy is great, stays put for ages, smells wonderful (my BF adores it) and the color is so pretty.

on 6/17/2002 11:45:00 AM

this is one of the best lipglosses! i love the flavors, the colors and everything

Popular Lip Glosses