Jane Megabites Glossy Gloss

No Image

2.4

on 2/11/2004 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this gloss in Chandelier and Paper doll. Chandelier looked liquidy, but I haven't tried it yet. On the other hand, Paper Doll looked good but wouldn't come out of the tube. I thought it was stuck, but soon found out that the gloss was hard like balm. Imagine squeezing hard thick balm out of a tube. Maybe this gloss was a fluke, but still. And there were chunks of glitter in it since it was so dry. I think there was just something wrong with the specific product that I purchased. I would give it a three, but...you don't know how horrible the one I have is. I was looking forward to the pink glitter, too...

EDIT: I tried using this product again, and it wasn't as dry. It got a little creamier. I put on a little but the scent of berries was too strong. Overall, I could take the scent, but that day I really didn't feel like it.

2nd EDIT: I've finally tried chandelier. It's liquidy, but a little two much. It's a little greasy and the glitter feels gritty on my lips. The shine is that of an ordinary lip gloss, and I've got plenty of those. It only lasts about half an hour. Only one more l/s because of Chandelier being an "okay" and "could've been better" gloss.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have 2 of these, Clearly Pink and Paper Doll. Paper doll is really nice, just a clear gloss with sparkles. Only problem with it is it all tries to ooze out at once! Clearly pink isn't really pink..it's more like irridescent purple on your lips and not very shiny, also it's really thick. I don't know why they have different consistencies. I might buy it again if I see it in a shade I like.

on 1/7/2003 2:37:00 AM

I tried a bunch of these: Chandelier (clear with multi-coloured glitter), Bluetique (sheer blue with multicoloured glitter), Clearly Pink (light baby pink), Stop Wining (wine-pink colour), and Shhhy (shimmery rosy mauve). I liked the colour of Shhhy the best but the smell of these absolutely disgusted me. No matter what the flavour, I just found the scents overwhelming, and they didn't fade quickly either. The slant-tip applicator is convenient and the glosses don't feel too bad on, but since I'm very sensitive to unpleasant scents in lip products, I swapped them all away.

on 7/26/2002 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. It does seem to need to be reapplied often, but that's not a problem because they are so cheap. I just bought Shhhy and it looks completely different on my lips than in the tube. I love the pineapple smell and I can't wait to try it over a lipstick for more oomph!

on 4/28/2002 11:44:00 PM

ick, i often like jane but i didn't like this. the scent and taste were way too strong for me. i could smell it even in a bag on the floor, i couldn't believe how strong it was. i had berry winey- seemed like little pigment.

These were BOGOF at Walgreens this week...I figure why not? I love Jane...never really had a stinker in the product area (in the color area, yes! ex. Shine Langugage in Girl Talk...nasty color. gorgeous texture & smell).

It looks like a relative of the Lancome Juicy Tubes, with the Ez - on applicator. The shine is there...but I was expecting more tackiness. I love tacky gloss...lasts longer and feels better on my lips. I got two gorgeous colors,

Splash - Pinky gold, pineapple scented.

Chandiler - Clear w/ glitter, berry scented.

I was let down by these heavily...I wont be buying them again.

ETA - I tried out my friends tube of this, and they reformulated and now its really thick and tacky! I might be buying another tube. continued >>

on 4/1/2002 3:31:00 AM

Thin, greasy and basically useless. Sheer color and ok scent, but I won't repurchase.