Jane Megabites Glossy Gloss

No Image

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

I got this on clearance at CVS... and I'm not sure what to say of it except that I wouldn't get it again. I got "it's darling" which I guess is supposed to be a mango flavor? It felt like water on my lips and tasted horrible without even getting in my mouth.

I have two of these, the first one is a light pink with multi-color glitter and is berry flavored/scented. I adored this one, but unfortunately the gloss was exposed to too much heat and seems to have clumped funny. Before that it went on great and made my lips look fabulous.

I then repurchased in a red colored with a cherry flavor. I hate the flavor, and I have to squeeze the gloss tube a lot before applying otherwise it seperates and a strange orange water comes out. Ick. Still makes my lips look great, but is a little too sticky and tends to take my lipstick off. Great price though.

I'm impressed! I have Ballerina and Shhy. Ballerina is a nice pink color with glitter and it tastes like cherries. Shhy is a light brown/nude and tastes like pineapple. I love the slant tip applicator and realistic scents. Have to get some more!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had two of these...So L.A. and Discreet. So L.A. was a bright pink that smelled like a cherry sweet tart (but tasted sort of fake), and Discreet was a light shimmery brown with a pineapple smell (tasted better than the other one though). I didn't like the fact that they separated and leaked everywhere, but I did like the slanted applicator. Besides, I gave them both to my younger sister and she loves them. Go figure.

on 2/19/2004 1:34:00 AM

Got this on sale for only $2. I'm not super excited about this particular color (clearly pink). I've already got highly-pigmented lips so this doesn't really add anything but a little shine. I haven't noticed any blue sparkles/tone though. Texture is smooth and not sticky. Kind of like lip balm. Not as glossy as you might expect, given the name. The smell reminds me of cherry water ice. I think I'll try out another color next time.

on 2/11/2004 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this gloss in Chandelier and Paper doll. Chandelier looked liquidy, but I haven't tried it yet. On the other hand, Paper Doll looked good but wouldn't come out of the tube. I thought it was stuck, but soon found out that the gloss was hard like balm. Imagine squeezing hard thick balm out of a tube. Maybe this gloss was a fluke, but still. And there were chunks of glitter in it since it was so dry. I think there was just something wrong with the specific product that I purchased. I would give it a three, but...you don't know how horrible the one I have is. I was looking forward to the pink glitter, too...

EDIT: I tried using this product again, and it wasn't as dry. It got a little creamier. I put on a little but the scent of berries was too strong. Overall, I could take the scent, but that day I really didn't feel like it.

2nd EDIT: I've finally tried chandelier. It's liquidy, but a little two much. It's a little greasy and the glitter feels gritty on my lips. The shine is that of an ordinary lip gloss, and I've got plenty of those. It only lasts about half an hour. Only one more l/s because of Chandelier being an "okay" and "could've been better" gloss.

I really wanted to like these more, because i love the packageing and the color (i have ballerina) is very pretty and looks wonderful on me. But the sad fact is that the glitter is just way to big! It feels like i have chunks of sand on my lips!

The prodcut also seperates in the tube and then smells like a chemical after a long period of time.

I WOULD buy this again, because i have a love hate relationship with it, but in a different color.

on 1/18/2004 6:06:00 PM

This is an ok lipgloss. I got it as a gift (thankfully) and I wasn't entirely disappointed. The colors are nice and so is the packaging, but it has no lasting power and the smell is horrible. Mine smelled like Neosporin mixed with cherries. The taste isn't all that good either. Plastic and cherries this time. I also get that horrible white scum on my lips after about 10 minutes when I use it. YUCK. I don't think I'll buy again.

I bought this in ballerina which is such a pretty pink peach shade but I hated it! there's glitter in it which makes me feel like I have sand on my lips and the cherry flavor is disgusting. it's too bad because the color was so flattering! :(

on 1/2/2004 10:45:00 PM

I have this in Chandelier, which is clear. I'm not a big fan of fruity scents/tastes so I guess that's why this makes me kind of sick. The glitter is also pretty gritty, it makes me feel like I have sand in my lipgloss. I'm a fan of Jane, not a fan of this.