Jane Cosmetics Megabites Glossy Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/26/2002 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I only have one so far but I really like it. It has a good consistency and tastes and smells pretty good. They only problem I have is that the glitter is a little gritty. It probably wont bother most of you but those with sensitive lips it might.

on 3/29/2002 5:57:00 PM

I like this gloss. I got Ballerina, which looks like a pretty, slightly coral pink color in the tube but actually goes on basically clear with VERY gritty glitter. It's a pretty thin gloss. Also, there is a little separation in the tube between the pink and some kind of even thinner gold liquid stuff. (I don't really know what it is.) And call me crazy, but I like the cherry scent and flavor. I think it's yummy. It does look pretty on my lips- the glitter makes it sort of holographic. And if you don't press your lips together, you won't really notice the grittiness. I want to try Clearly Pink next, since it doesn't have glitter and it's got the same taste and scent.

These were BOGOF at Walgreens this week...I figure why not? I love Jane...never really had a stinker in the product area (in the color area, yes! ex. Shine Langugage in Girl Talk...nasty color. gorgeous texture & smell).

It looks like a relative of the Lancome Juicy Tubes, with the Ez - on applicator. The shine is there...but I was expecting more tackiness. I love tacky gloss...lasts longer and feels better on my lips. I got two gorgeous colors,

Splash - Pinky gold, pineapple scented.

Chandiler - Clear w/ glitter, berry scented.

I was let down by these heavily...I wont be buying them again.

ETA - I tried out my friends tube of this, and they reformulated and now its really thick and tacky! I might be buying another tube. continued >>

on 4/29/2002 11:36:00 AM

i bought this in It's Darlin' [sheer mocha shade] & in Stop Wineing [sheer wine-berry shade]. Both have a slightly overpowering mango scent/taste. They feel kinda greasy/slimy when applied and do not last long at all.

This is just an ok product. The price is great like all of Jane cosmetics. I bought "ballerina" (Im a ballet dancer...) The color looked beautiful in the tube!!! Now, I had an idea it might not be so great because I read these reviews before buying- but it was just SO tempting cause it looks soooo peeerttyy in the tube! It just doesnt show up like that! The glitter is very gritty too. But I DO like the taste!! (Maybe Im weird!) It reminds me of that liquid bubblegum stuff I used to eat when I was little... I cant remember what that stuff was called!

on 6/17/2002 11:45:00 AM

this is one of the best lipglosses! i love the flavors, the colors and everything

on 7/25/2002 8:49:00 PM

i got this in Shhhy. EW!! it tastes AWFUL! the only part i like is the color and the part where you put it on. its at an angle for easy application i guess. i woundnt get this flavor again but maybe a different one. good price tho

on 9/17/2002 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in 'Splash', and 'Discreet'. I personally ADORE Splash. It's such a pretty pink, with golden undertones. The flavor is delish! It tastes just like pineapples, and I love tropical flavors like that. I wasn't too fond of Discreet, only because the color was SO not me (I got it in a swap). Discreet is a light brown-ish purple, that shows up pretty sheer. I'm sure it would look nice on other people though. Discreet was also pineapple flavored. The glosses lasted for awhile, and it's just SO yummy! All of my friends loveeee my 'Splash' gloss!

I this product on sale for $2.15 at a nearby walgreens. I was ecstatic to see that they sold them that cheap! I had just heard reviews about Megabytes glossy gloss, and thought I'de take a look at em'. I purchased mine in "Pineapple". It smells delicious! The color is a extremely sheer gold with small golden flecks. This product rocks! I'de definaltly recommend it anyone..It looks great on all skin tones! Its sells regularly for around $3.50 USD.

I was in search of the *perfect* Varneesh knockoff and I found it in Shhhy!! This is the perfect color and it tastes and smells great.. Definitely will buy this again!