Jane Megabites Glossy Gloss

No Image

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

I'm impressed! I have Ballerina and Shhy. Ballerina is a nice pink color with glitter and it tastes like cherries. Shhy is a light brown/nude and tastes like pineapple. I love the slant tip applicator and realistic scents. Have to get some more!

on 4/23/2004 9:02:00 PM

I bought this lip gloss not only because I'm stupid, but because it had glitter in it. And once cheerleading season rolls around glitter is my best friend. Needless to say this stuff isn't bad, it's your typical gloss, but the feeling you get once you put it on is disgusting. It was a clear gloss with tons of glitter and it wasn't what I thought it would be. I'm hoping that the other colors are better, but it doesn't matter cause I'm sticking to my lipsmackers. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this in Paper Doll. It's a sheer pinkish color with glitter and a berry scent. The product was difficult to squeeze out of the package. Once it was on my lips the glitter had too much of a gritty feel to it. It's cheap, it looks and smells good, but because of the texture and the packaging (looks good, hard to use) I don't think I'll be repurchasing.

on 2/11/2004 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this gloss in Chandelier and Paper doll. Chandelier looked liquidy, but I haven't tried it yet. On the other hand, Paper Doll looked good but wouldn't come out of the tube. I thought it was stuck, but soon found out that the gloss was hard like balm. Imagine squeezing hard thick balm out of a tube. Maybe this gloss was a fluke, but still. And there were chunks of glitter in it since it was so dry. I think there was just something wrong with the specific product that I purchased. I would give it a three, but...you don't know how horrible the one I have is. I was looking forward to the pink glitter, too...

EDIT: I tried using this product again, and it wasn't as dry. It got a little creamier. I put on a little but the scent of berries was too strong. Overall, I could take the scent, but that day I really didn't feel like it.

2nd EDIT: I've finally tried chandelier. It's liquidy, but a little two much. It's a little greasy and the glitter feels gritty on my lips. The shine is that of an ordinary lip gloss, and I've got plenty of those. It only lasts about half an hour. Only one more l/s because of Chandelier being an "okay" and "could've been better" gloss.

I have Shhhhy. I like the pineapple smell/flavor. But the color is too dark and copperish for me. If they make any new colors that don't have so much glitter in it, I'd buy it.
And I love the applicator too. Oh well, at least they don't test on animals.

I really wanted to like these more, because i love the packageing and the color (i have ballerina) is very pretty and looks wonderful on me. But the sad fact is that the glitter is just way to big! It feels like i have chunks of sand on my lips!

The prodcut also seperates in the tube and then smells like a chemical after a long period of time.

I WOULD buy this again, because i have a love hate relationship with it, but in a different color.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

nice shine with pretty irredecsent sparkles to give it a kick. easy-to-use slanted applicator. i only gave it 3 lippies because the flavor/scent are sickeningly strong, it has bad staying power, and the tube seems to leak. looks nicer in package than on lips. would buy again but only in another flavor that is not as strong.

on 1/2/2004 10:45:00 PM

I have this in Chandelier, which is clear. I'm not a big fan of fruity scents/tastes so I guess that's why this makes me kind of sick. The glitter is also pretty gritty, it makes me feel like I have sand in my lipgloss. I'm a fan of Jane, not a fan of this.

I'm a huge fan of lip gloss and I when these came out awhile back I seen them and had to try them. Well I was dissapointed, I tried a couple diffrent shades and none of them were that great. The gloss is pretty thin and the smells are awful! I ususally dont like Janes flavored glosses, because they smell and taste to fake so I'm still wondering why I ever purchased these- o well. I don't know if i'd recommend these, just because they didn't really work for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have 2 of these, Clearly Pink and Paper Doll. Paper doll is really nice, just a clear gloss with sparkles. Only problem with it is it all tries to ooze out at once! Clearly pink isn't really pink..it's more like irridescent purple on your lips and not very shiny, also it's really thick. I don't know why they have different consistencies. I might buy it again if I see it in a shade I like.