Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild

3.3

Water, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cholesterol, Sucrose Stearate, Sucrose, Caffeine, Ppg-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Urea, Sodium Pca, Linoleic Acid, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Pentylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-51, Trehalose, Caprylyl Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/6/2017 1:08:00 PM

First of all, I have no idea what is Clinique's marketing strategy with this product is because there is no way this is a soap. It's a straight up cream cleanser. And I would have never even reached for this if the wonderful Clinique sales assistant wouldn't have pointed me in this direction when I came for one.
Second, it check's all the boxes I have when I look for a cleanser: gentle, non-foaming, alcohol free and paraben free. What else could you possibly want from a cleanser?
I use this as a morning cleanser or a second cleanser. It does not in the slightest leave my face feeling stripped of natural oils (because this baby contains oils and silicones) and is creamy (not runny or too liquid) and light at the same time. You can remove it with your flannel or it can be easily washed off with water.
I'm almost done with my first bottle and now I'm franticly searching for deals to get this at a discount because I like this so much.
Doesn't break me out whatsoever, doesn't irritate my skin, evem when I was sensitive and had those red flare ups of angry looking skin this did not hurt at all. So I suppose this would be good for those who are sensitive and/or are on accutane.

on 2/21/2017 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like this for my dry skin. I had been using PC's Resist hydrating cleanser and I like the Clinique so much more. It smells better and it's easier to apply, not so thick. Both remove makeup but Clinique's is actually able to be rinsed off but I often use a warm washcloth as I did with the Resist cleanser--that one did not rinse off very well. Love the pump on Clinique's and it looks nice on my sink. And it immediately improved my dry skin.

on 12/22/2015 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My skin has been very sensitive and dehydrated lately and I therefore needed something that wouldn't dry it out even more, so I bought this cleanser. It's really creamy and mild and I use a wash cloth soaked in warm water to remove it. Unlike other cleansers that are made for dry skin, this cleanser actually makes my face feel clean and not oily. It doesn't break me out, doesn't give me allergy and doesn't clog my pores. Love!

on 9/11/2016 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this in the middle of an international trip when I ran out of my trusted Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser. I had successfully used the regular liquid facial soap in the past, but found it the teensiest bit drying (I have dry skin) so this time I went for the extra mild.

This is a good product. It cleanses skin and does a decent job with makeup, including eye makeup. It's also not fragranced, which I appreciated. I don't love the experience of using it, but I'd repurchase in a pinch.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After years of trying several brands, nothing had suited my skin. I have rosacea and very dry skin. I have used moisturizer and toner from Clinique, but I had never used the liquid facial soap. The lady at Sephora recommended this to me and I really like it. It's a milky, almost lotion like substance that makes my skin feel super clean without feeling dry or tight. I follow up with the Clarifying Lotion 2 and Dramatically Different Lotion Plus. My skin has never felt softer. My giant patches of white, dry, flaky skin is gone. This is truly an amazing product. I don't know why there are so many bad reviews on this product, but this is really good. However, you probably will dislike this is your skin is oily, or if you just don't know how to use it. For my skin, it works best when I dampen my skin with lukewarm water and then use one pump and massage it into my skin. Afterwards, I rinse and use the Clarifying Lotion and moisturizer. Overall, it's a great product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My skin reacts to foaming cleansers, and after searching long and hard for a good non-foaming one, I came across this. It cleans amazingly, leaves my skin very smooth and very hydrated and comfortable. Very pleased with it and will repurchase!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is more expensive than I like, but it's worth it to me. I have sensitive combination skin. This cleans my skin well, doesn't leave it dry, and doesn't irritate. although it's fragrance free, it had a light pleasant scent to my nose. my only complaint is that the pump feels flimsy.

on 11/15/2014 1:05:00 AM

It would probably be better if this product was not marketed as a soap because it does not lather like soap. Obviously that has confused some of the reviewers here. However, I love cream and milk cleansers and run from the hills at any suggestion of foam or lather on my face, so when the Clinique consultant demonstrated in store that this product does NOT lather, I was sold. So far, I'm enjoying it very much. It is not drying. I do detect a very mild, herbal scent, so faint you could easily miss it, but pleasant. All in all, this product seems a reasonable replacement for Clinique's Comforting Cream Cleaner, which I used and loved for years but which has been d/c.

I can't comment on whether the this product leaves a filmy residue because I follow it with Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion and that would get rid of any residue. Water probably wouldn't. I do suggest that people fully inform themselves as to how a product is supposed to work before they criticise it.

Bump city! Tried the Clinique extra mild lotion cleanser and my face was covered with little bumps the first day. I actually thought it was from a bronzer I was using. Stopped using that and kept using the cleanser. The next day more bumps. Then I stopped using, cleaned my face with my old cleanser, and moisturized. The red bumps dramatically cleared up in a matter of a couple of hours. I have reactive skin and usually avoid all of Clinique's products except their face scrub and lipsticks. This was runny, did not lather, didn't feel like it cleaned my face and stung a dry patch on my lips. The ingredients seemed harmless enough however at least one of them was clearly a culprit.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin to begin with is on the drier side, but very clear. I did not have any pimples or breakouts on my face apart from the typical congestion around the nose area. I was looking for a product that was going to be moisturising to help with my dry skin concern. I bought the Clinique Extra Mild Liquid Facial Soap in the 3-step pack with the clarifying toner and moisturiser.

After the first use, I thought it was my HG product. The tiny 'semi-pimple' that was on my face disappeared straight away. The product itself is not actually a soap... it doesn't really foam at all. My skin did tingle a bit after the first use but my skin always does that after using a new product. I really loved this product.

I had used the Clinique Facial Soap for about 2 months before my skin starting breaking out. And by breaking out I mean the deep, painful, big pimples that were either under the skin or the top in my forehead region, and sometimes on my cheeks (I never, ever get pimples on my cheeks). I slowly started eliminating things that I use daily and changing my diet to see what the cause of these random breakouts were on a cycle of about 2 weeks. After I stopped using Clinique face wash, after 2 weeks my skin was so much calmer. My pimples had reduced significantly!! I came to the conclusion that the face was was the cause of my [now] acne.

I do not recommend this product at all - its expensive, the name is deceiving (facial soap - its not actually a soap) and made me break out. The packaging is nice but buying this was a huge mistake. Don't do it!!!