La Roche Posay Rosaliac Micellar Make-Up Removal Gel

La Roche Posay Rosaliac Micellar Make-Up Removal Gel
La Roche-Posay Micellar Make-Up Removal GelLa Roche-Posay Micellar Make-Up Removal Gel

3.6

AQUA, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, POLOXAMER 184, ACRYLATES / C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR, DIHYDROCHOLETH-30, SODIUM CITRATE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, CAFFEINE, SIMETHICONE, CITRIC ACID, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM -1, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN

on 9/25/2016 12:14:00 PM

Honestly I'm not sure what to make of this makeup removing gel. It feels like aloe vera gel but without the cooling sensation. Is it effective as a makeup remover? I guess so, but not any better than a cleansing balm or oil product. In fact, I find this kind of strange, like I need to use cotton rounds, wipes, or some other material to wipe this from your skin but it does rinse clean with just water. I received a rather generous sample of this when purchasing some of my go to LRP products and figured why not give it a try but it's not one of those products I would have automatically reached for and purchased by choice. On the plus side, it is gentle and does not irritate my skin. However, I don't find myself reaching for this as I'm used to a cleansing balm or oil followed by a hydrating cleanser.

Ratings:
Formula/texture - 5 (gentle gel that rinses clean)
Fragrance - 5 (no discernible scent)
Packaging - 4 (pump dispenser, but prefer squeeze tube for gel products)
Effectiveness - 3 (removes some makeup but not all)
Cost - 2 (expensive)

I'd give this an overall rating of 3.5. It is just too expensive when you consider it's ability to remove all makeup and because it comes is in a pump bottle there will be wasted product remaining iin the bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Its like the the Clinique take the day of balm but in gel form. I have really sensitive eyes and skin. This doesn't irritate me at all doesn't leave my skin oily or red. I like taking it off with a makeup wipe. Its so easy to use definitely would repurchase

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my favourite makeup remover for everyday use, and god knows I've tried many.
Liquid removers dry out my face, oil-based ones leave me feeling oily and gross, creams cause breakouts. Oh, the joys of combination skin.

This little baby is gel-based (and paraben-free, incidentally). Unlike several of the reviewers here, I find it removes my makeup efficiently, but I've been using it quite differently. Instead of rubbing it into my skin to dissolve the makeup, I've been applying it directly onto cotton pads, and using them to rub the makeup off. I find it's been leaving my skin refreshed, cleansed and feeling clean. The only thing it doesn't remove are waterproof mascara and very pigmented lipstick like MakeupForEver's - but a few drops of olive oil will do the trick for those.

The gel texture is also super hydrating without leaving your skin oily or sticky. I find I always rinse out 'no-rinse' cleansers, but this is great on its own.
The pump is also super practical.
Will DEFINITELY repurchase.

on 4/30/2016 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

2 pumps of this and some vigorous massaging couldn't even shift my non-waterproof mascara and BB cream so god knows how much you'd have to use to remove a full face of makeup. It also left my skin red and irritated. Not good.

on 1/12/2016 8:45:00 AM

I won't be buying this again!

I use Toleriane Fluide as my moisturizer and it's super gentle on my skin, so I wanted to try out a gentle cleanser from the same range. However, this is the second Toleriane cleanser I've tried without much success, the first being the purifying foam which stripped my skin.

I have rosacea and some hormonal acne and while this product left my skin feeling clean-ish, it also left me extremely red and irritated.

Not worth the hefty sticker price either!

on 8/9/2015 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm always on the Hunt for a cleanser that cleans my face without drying it Out.
That shouldn't be that hard? Well, I got a sensitive combination skin, so most cleansers for the oily our combination skin are too harsh.
And most of the cleansers for the sensitive skin are no match for my oily t-zone.
This cleanser is one of them, Unfortunately.

Pro's
Nice clean packaging
It doesn't dry Out my skin
It doesn't cause redness and actually my redness seems to tone down
My skin is calmer again,no irritation at all
Nice clean subtile smell

Cons
Price
It doesn't remove my make up. I still have to use a cleaning product to remove my make up
Don't just don't use it on your eyes, it stings like hell
It doesn't do anything for my oily t-zone

I've heard pretty good things about La Roche-Posay as a brand, but so far apart from their Cicaplast Baume B5 which works wonders at treating sore skin (such as sunburn), I've not been too impressed with the other products I've tried. And sadly this micellar gel is no exception.

First off I think I should state that I only used this for taking off my eye makeup, so I can't comment on what kind of a job it would do of taking off a full face of makeup. However, where removing eye makeup is concerned this was pretty rubbish. I don't wear loads of eye makeup, so didn't expect this to have much of a problem taking it off, but this literally did nothing. I found I used twice as many cotton pads when using it and I ended up having to practically scrub at my eyes to make it work. This obviously led to sore and tender skin around my eye area and tender eyelids too and the worse thing, it made not a dent in my mascara meaning I had to use even more effort to get that to come off. And I don't even wear waterproof mascara so theoretically it should have had no issues being removed at all.

I can only imagine what a mess it would make of your skin if you used this to take off a whole face of makeup. Chances are you'd wind up scrubbing and scrubbing at your skin without noticing one ounce of difference, before finally admitting defeat and resorting to your regular cleanser. I'll finish using this as I paid about 8.00GBP for it (which I consider to be a lot for a makeup remover - especially one that doesn't work) but I definitely won't be rushing out to buy any more.

Let me start by saying that I was not using this cleanser under "normal" circumstances.
For 5 weeks I suffered from burning, picking, hot skin, which I suppose is a flare of sebborheic dermatitis.
An appointment with a derm ended in the wrong medikation.
While I was waiting 3 weeks for a second appointment with another derm, I was quite desperate, because I didn�t know what to do with my skin. I gave up any usual make up and skincare regimen and left my skin alone. But even if I could give up cleansing in the morning, I wanted to have a cleanser for the evening. I first used my well-trusted Eucerin re-balance. It was quite good, but my skin was in a desolate state.
Then, one day, I talked to a colleague and she had rosacea and said, she used the LRP Rosaliac line. I went and bought the AR intense and as it worked good on my skin, I went and got the micellar cleanser. I found that some of the products for rosacea work for my skin as they are formulated to be light and soothing.
The cleanser is a clear gel, that�s not foaming. It�s gelly, odorless and leaves a cooling sensation.
I use the method of Isabell Bellis: Wetting my face with thermal water, spreading the cleanser in my hands and using light circular motions on my face to spread the cleanser. After that, I rinse the cleanser with cool water. The instructions say, you can use it without water, but I prefer to rinse my cleansers. Then I dab my face with a towel and follow with a spray of thermal water to calm down my skin and erase the effects of our hard tap water.
Honestly the cleanser is a little more drying than my usual cleansers. I prefer milk or cream cleansers for my skin. but in this flare of seborrheic dermatitis, I felt better with a light, cooling gel cleanser and I take the side effect of a little drier feel after cleansing. Don�t get me wrong, the cleanser doesn�t leave my face cracking dry or flaking, but my usual cleansers leave a film on my skin and this one doesn�t. May also be because I don�t tissue it off, but rinse it off.
It contains paraben, silicones and triethanolamine. In case you don�t like these ingredients, don�t use this cleanser. It also contains thermal water, caffeine and ascorbyl glucoside (mild form of vitamin c), which are the ingredients to help the rosacea skin plus glycerin for moisture. If these ingredients really can work if I rinse the cleanser and don�t leave it on my skin, I dont know.
Probably the best about this cleanser is, that it cools down my skin and feels like a splash of cool air on my face. I almost couldn�t believe it.
As I�m not able to use make up or sunscreen at the moment, the cleansing power is enough at the time. I guess I won�t be able to use make up or sunscreen for quite a while, so I just use this cleanser up and we�ll see.
I will buy this cleanser again, but only if I have a special need for this cleanser during a flare. Otherwise I stick with my usual cleansers.
Every skin is different, so this one might or might not work for your skin. It would be ideal to test this with a sample if that�s possible.
I would recommend for people with sensitive skin or rosacea to try this, if your skin can take the ingredients.

on 3/16/2013 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Doesn't take off all make up... And the worst thing is that my cheeks become red and irritated when I use it. I have rosacea and a little sensitive skin. I need a more soft and gentle cleanser. I won't buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is another of my repeat buys going back many years. I do have Rosacea and this is a great quick cleanser that doesn't dry or irritate my skin, leave a film or make me break out. It won't remove heavy eye makeup or waxy mascaras, but it does get rid of most of what I wear everyday without too much rubbing.

Popular Cleansers