Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.4

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

All hype. Wash your face with it and cleanse after. All the dirt is still on your face. No way am I buying this again. Waste of money

on 5/19/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have oily skin, however foaming cleansers or cleansers specifically for oily skin make me even more oily and breakout prone. For the past few months I have been using the Garnier Micellar Water to remove my makeup/sunscreen then washing my face with this cleanser afterwards and it has helped to clear my adult acne and my face is less oily

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

i must say this is one of the best gentle cleanser on the market. It is milky white in consistency and moist and soft in texture. Price is great (very cheap) and it is effective at cleaning the skin and removing makeup without irritating the surface.

on 1/9/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Decent, no frills cleanser. It gets my makeup off in one easy step. Has a great price. Doesn't break me out. The regular size bottle lasts for a couple of months with daily use. It's almost perfect. It's simple and it's what my face needs because I have sensitive acne prone skin. I use this mostly at night and some mornings too. I use it to take off my make up with a wash cloth and I follow up with my boscia cleanser. My face hasn't been this happy and clear in a long time.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So. i never had acne problem. in high school i use the basic clean and clear.but at about 20 it started breaking me out all of a sudden so i switch to Neutrogen that did the same thing. so i went a while not using anything but water and my coco butter. long story i cant use any Medicated cleansers. my skin does not like it then I switch to the mary kay combinations facial wash (the only thing i use from that line) my skin loves this stuff. i just hate ordering it on line but i just order some and was a Walmart and saw a trail size i figure it can tie me over till my MK facial wash comes in the mail.

So i used it three times already and to be frank to me it like water down cold cream.....i mean it feel like water down lotion but it not moisturizing at all my skin still felt dry when i got out the shower. that baffled me. but i see it has the same ingredients that shampoos have and since i only shampoo my hair every couple weeks (to clarify my scalp) it drying to my hair i just co/wash my hair daily. so maybe that why it drying to my face??? either way i wont be using this anymore

dont understand the hype at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I was recommended cetaphil by those who have combination skin to combat dryness from cleansing and also this was supposed to be non comodegenic,

I found that after using Cetaphil for around a week I started to get mini spots and some blocked pores. For this reason I ended up retiring it as a miss.

Later on when I experimented with oil cleansing (castor oil) one day I decided to mix the two and my skin looks amazing. I use half a squirt of ceta and the same amount of Castor oil. Rub into wet skin then steam wipe with a hot cloth. My skin has improved so much.

Still I have to give it 3 lippies because if I didn't find another use for it I doubt I would buy it again.

on 6/23/2015 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I decided to buy this cleanser because of the hype surrounding it claiming it's really gentle and great for sensitive skin. However, this cleanser dried out my face like crazy! It also led to me getting clogged pores due to my dry surface skin. Probably due to the sls that they use in it.

on 4/5/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow I had so much high expectations for this. So many celebs and beauty editors endorse this.... This is not for people with combination skin. This cleanser did not feel like a cleanser at all. I didn't feel like it cleansed my skin and it left a weird film on my skin. I know it's suppose to be "gentle," but there was nothing cleansing about this cleanser. Did I mention I didn't feel clean after using this? Lol

on 11/17/2014 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Tried to love this cleanser but it's not for my skin. I really dislike the texture and it feels like its not properly cleaning my face. My skin looked congested and dull after using this, I really don't get the hype with this product, maybe my least favorite cleanser. I can only imagine trying to wash off makeup with this would be a complete fail. I switched right back to my Himalaya Turmeric and Neem face wash which is one of my favorites, it foams and natural ingredients its perfect, and my skin started to look a lot better.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this in the mornings after waking up since I don't have makeup on. My skin is dry and cleansing it twice a day with water and foaming cleanser is too much for it. This product allows me to gently cleanse my face without water and drying out my skin.

I use the formula for gentle sensitive skin. I can't imagine using this as a primary cleanser to remove makeup as it is far too gentle. I notice since using it this way my skin is dewy and supple all day.