Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.7

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a nice gentle cleanser. Now that I'm in my 30s I'm over the super foamy harsh stripping cleansers from my teen years for good. I want to treat my skin with kid gloves now. This removes excess oil and makeup at the end of the day and can be used in every season without overdrying. But I do use Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton pad first so that I get every ounce of makeup off. The combination of these 2 products makes my skin baby soft!!! I highly recommend them both together. In the morning, I rinse again with Cetaphil alone to keep my oily skin at bay and it works to keep it balanced.

on 8/9/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I haven't washed my face with soap for decades. I have been using Cetaphil. I have only skin, even at 60 yrs old and it cleanses beautifully. I follow up with an antiwrinkle moisturizer with sunscreen. My daughter also use it for their acne prone skin. I transfer it to a pretty pump soap decanter on my sink.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Dehydrated/combo skin (oily t-zone, dry af cheekbones) checking in. I wanted a gentle cleanser to ensure my natural oils aren't stripped. This cleanser has gotten rave reviews.

Pro:
- Didn't break me out
- Yes, it is gentle and did not strip my face of its natural oils
- No scent, great for sensitive skin

Cons:
- Doesn't really clean... lol
- SLS (which isn't a con if you don't care)

The rating is 3/5 lippies because the product is simply MEH. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't make it better. I found other cleansing products that cleaned my face/MU while still keeping my face hydrated and doesn't break me out (protip: Albolene is an amazing hidden gem if you're looking for a gentle moiustirizing yet CLEANS!).

I wouldn't repurchase and I'd recommend other gentle cleansing creams/milks before cetaphil.

on 5/16/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Used for years but decided ultimately it didn't do much in terms of cleansing or make up removal. (However it did remove nonwaterproof eye make up when used with a q tip). When I was oiler, I preferred Cerave foaming or Purpose to this. Now that my combo skin is drier and older, I prefer cerave hydrating, micellar water (currently using CVS brand version of Garnier pink bottle) or nearly natural unscented liquid glycerin soap. Note: MUA reviewer Eire1 (under the listing Paula's choice hydrating foaming cleanser) provided a suggestion to combine Cetaphil with Cerave, which I might try (since I have both). For eye make up removal, I use Bliss lid and lash.

on 11/22/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I have a very oily sensitive skin and this stuff broke me out badly in tiny little bumps and white heads which took me years to cleared up. I think it was all the alcohols, SLS and parabens in it that caused the problem.

on 10/25/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for a little while and I'm loving the clean and soft feeling that I'm getting from this product. Gentle and effective at cleansing the skin without stripping it and producing more oils. I've since decided to add the Cetaphil moisturiser also as I'm looking forward to seeing how they work together.

Edit: 30/4/17 I have since stopped using this and instead is using the Cetaphil Derma Control cleanser and I'm more then happy with it.

on 10/16/2016 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I wouldn't recommend this cleanser. I have acne-prone/combination skin and this cleanser just kept clogging my pores. I had non-inflamed bumps (clogged pores) that kept appearing and inflamed ones (whiteheads). I tried this cleanser for about a month before noticing that it was this product that was causing my skin to breakout every now and then. It is also very drying which is weird since it's supposed to be gentle. Another thing is that it doesn't clean my face really well. There is a waxy-sticky layer on my skin after I wash with it (kind of suffocating). The texture of this cleanser is cream-gel like. (Doesn't foam) IMO it won't remove well makeup or waterproof skincare. If you do use these types of products you might need to double-cleanse. I don't wear makeup or waterproof products and I still felt like this cleanser didn't do its job. Since stopping this cleanser, the non-inflamed bumps (clogged pores) are going away. For me this cleanser didn't work. *Do take note that I don't have chronic acne, but random spots once in a while (prone to acne). This cleanser just made my skin worse even though I didn't have bad acne from the start.

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

----

If you ask for samples on their Facebook page (Cetaphil Canada) they will send you some to try very quickly. So you can try-test their products. Also they will also send you coupons and stuff if you ask. I didn't have to ask and they provided me with coupons and more. Their customer service is very good! They are very quick to respond and to send samples.

on 10/16/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hated this. I dont get why this is recommended for dry and sensitive skin. Its like putting lotion on your face and after washing it with water it just makes ur face feel oily and more sensitive (cause a strand of hair fell on my face after washing and it itched like crazy!). Only thing probrably yes, my dry skin is sort of gone but only for a few minutes. After that just felt greasy and oily. Same goes for the moisturizer. Im not a fan of cetaphil products at all.

on 10/4/2016 10:54:00 AM

Pros (from my experience):
a) suitable for acne prone (you will probably not breakout from using this product), sensitive, dry/combination skin
b) doesn't leave any residue and easy to remove (so its great for those lazy and exhausted days when you don't feel like doing anything)
c) helped me to slightly improve my flaky skin or keep it in control
d) good value for money

Cons:
a) Might not be suitable for people with super oily skin as they might prefer something more exfoliating
b) Will not remove makeup
c) It is not magic in the form of a cleanser so do not expect it to do all the work :P
d) Will help you to keep your acne in control but do not expect it to improve your acne or acne scars.

If you are looking for a gentle cleanser for your daily use I would definitely suggest you to add this to your beauty regime :)

on 8/4/2016 9:49:00 AM

Meh. There is nothing bad about this cleanser, nor is there anything good. I've actually gone through several bottles. It is very basic, and absolutely will not remove makeup so you'll need to use a separate product for that. I will say it's very gentle, doesn't sting the eyes or irritate skin, and is affordable (and you get a good amount). I just don't feel that it DOES anything - and not even anything extra per se, more like it doesn't do its ONE job very well. It also leaves a thin film on your skin post cleansing. Plus it's...boring lol.

Sidenote: I am sensitive to sulfates and SLS in this didn't cause any negative reactions. Try this if your face is very sensitive and you wear minimal makeup.