Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.6

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and hydrated after I use it; although, I do have oily skin. I also use it in the mornings to cleanse and again, it’s not drying. The pump dispenser is also huge plus for me. I’d definitely buy this again!
Update- CVS constantly has deals on Cetaphil, so another win for me!

on 6/26/2017 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This cleanser is very, very mild. I only use this in the morning after waking up, it's a good way to cleanse your face when it's already free of makeup or gunk. This will NOT remove makeup or even deep dirt from a long day, this would be a good product to use after a micellar water has been used or in the morning when you just need to refresh your face. It leaves your skin soft, smooth and feeling plumped.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser for some time now so my review is completely relevant. The texture of my skin while I am washing my face with this cleanser is rough and I dislike it. Also, I've noticed that my skin is very dry after I use this cleanser. I have now switched to a different face wash and can feel a tremendous difference. Cleanser is everything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Speaking from my personal experience, Cetaphil and Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash has been nothing but disaster for my facial skin. Good for those whom it worked for, but for my friends who suffers from acne and eczema, I just want to warn you guys so you won't have to experience what I have went through.

I started having acne 5 years ago and after visiting an aesthetician for facial, she recommended me to use Cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser. At first, it seemed like it wasn't doing anything bad to my skin, but I always had to go back for facial regularly for extraction to which I thought was normal as I was going through puberty.

It was a cycle I thought I was doomed to. I would go for facial at the start of every month, have a red face for the rest of the first week, enjoy clean looking skin for the second, start to see white and blackheads form on the third, suffer from breakouts on the fourth and go for facial again.

3 years later, something worse happened. I started having eczema!! My skin was constantly dry, flaky and red and I tried many moisturizers only to make my acne worst. During that period (I think 6 months), I started going for facials every 2 weeks and those pimples were deep and left nasty marks. My confidence was at pit bottom and I stayed at home most of the time. I even took medical leaves to escape going to work.

It only came under control after my visit to a dermatologist who prescribed me some cream. But my eczema would constantly come back and I had to bring the cream where ever I go just in case.

A few months back, I read online and saw that facial cleansers with salicylic acid may help with acne so I went to buy Neutrogena's Oil Free Cleanser. Although it did to help keep my acne under control, it dried out my skin like HELL. My whole face was FLAKING. It was like having scales! It was the worst decision. So I went back to cetaphil and guess what? Acne and eczema came back again.. I was desperate and thought all hopes were lost until my aesthetician recommended me babor's 2 in one gel cleanser.

Although it was relatively expensive for a cleanser, it really worked for me. My face is healing everyday and recently. I don't even have to use those creams any more. My skin never looked so good for a long time. Furthermore, although it's pricey, each bottle lasts longer than those cleansers you get over the counter so if you compare it, it's really the same.

I won't usually give reviews online but I really want to save people with the same problem as me because I know how it feels. People like us don't get clean skin from just washing with plain water and we have to put in a little extra effort to find the right product. If you visit this site you will see Cetaphil is made up of mostly comedogenic ingredients (http://www.caryskincare.com/acnecomedogeniclist.html) so PLEASE, help yourself. My advise is to invest in a better cleanser recommended by your dermatologist or aesthecian instead of using OTC products but of course, check out the ingredients before you get it. All the best guys.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This didn't help in my late teens when my skin was oily, but ten years later, my skin is drier, stretchier, and continues to be plagued by painful acne - and Cetaphil now works well for it. Foaming cleansers dry out my skin so much that I am literally left in pain. I still have to follow up Cetaphil with a moisturiser post-haste, but it's markedly better than other cleansers. It doesn't work wonders on my acne but doesn't worsen it.

It is not a makeup remover so can't be judged by the parameters of one. Use a separate remover and then finish up with this, and you're all good.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So far it's the best affordable facial cleanser i've tried. It's not soapy, doesn't have strong smell and doesn't dry up my face. The downside is it cannot take off my make up even if its not water proof so i need to use make up remover before washing my face with this cleanser.

on 4/14/2013 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

After trying so many products for acne, this is what finally worked for me because it is so gentle. I will never go without this. One of my girls wjmalique did a video on her regimen n everything that failed for her...... she has a video called acne products favorites & fails and she has gorgeous skin now so i trusted her and tried this... give it a shot u wont regret it... it will not break u out it doesnt have harmful ingredients. dont junk on cleansers with acne "clearing" acids.. be gentle with ur skin and itll be good with u.

on 2/18/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Edited March 05,2013: I admit that I am changing my mind. During my skin crisis of peeling and irritated due to the new Origins products, I decide to let it calm down. So I'm using only this cleanser now. I finally found a trick to make this work: I wash my face twice with this. Proper wash, as in wash the well rinse then wash again then well rinse again. Pimples are coming out as usual, esp when I don't use strong cleanser to clean my skin nor any topical stuffs to reign them in but I notice the oil reduces by half. I know this can't substitute other product to save my pores and keep the pimples at bay, but at least for now it helps my skin clean enough --> raising the rating :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
doesn't actually clean my very oily skin. I don't feel clean, and the powder I sued to absorb oil (jonshon face power) certainly not been removed.
only after few days used, I have to use it as a complimentary cleaning during my lunch break to refresh my skin midday. I leave the job of actual cleaning to my better washer.
I won't buy again for sure. Whatever I'm using it for now is just to prevent it going to trash bin. Hope it works better for you guys,

on 10/5/2012 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product when I had the worst break out of my life after using Mint Julep Mask.

It did not actually help clear out my acne problem but it made my face less oily.

I continued to use it for a couple of weeks and then I found out it works better when paired with St. Ives Facial Scrub.

I've used them both for 7 months until I broke out again and pity their combination don't work anymore.

I don't know but sometimes when I used a product way too long, my face or body seemed to become immuned of it's "potency."

So I've stopped for the meantime. I currently using Nivea as my facial scrub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This did not work for me. It's great that it's gentle - but, it's almost too gentle, to the point that I don't feel like my skin in clean. It also caused me to get some breakouts. So this is a no go for me.