Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It doesn't remove makeup very easily and the consistency of this product is just so weird.It didn't make my skin any better.
Long story short,i have more than half way to go and decided to stop using it.Not sure what the hype was all about.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Back in the days before I knew what SLS or parabens were, Cetaphil cleanser came highly recommended to me from a close friend who swore it helped reduce their skins oil production. It seemed plausible that my skin was actually dehydrated and therefore oil production was in over drive. Perhaps a really mild, non-foaming cleanser such as Cetaphil could help keep my skin hydrated and therefore less oily? Wrong! Turns out dehydration was not the cause of my super-oily skin and I know that from having used this and from years of investing in hydrating oil-free products: serums, sheet masks, moisturizers, you name it. I've come to realize there can be different reasons for excessive oil production and in my case luckily over the years it lessened. I do also recall this making my skin feel unclean, as though there was an oily film still on it. Thankfully I didn't experience any of the breakouts and redness others experienced - even though my skin is quite prone to acting up like that!

For those who may be dehydrated-oily, this may be worth a shot. Just keep in mind it does contain SLS and parabens and there are so many better (and milder) cleansers out there you could try instead.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and hydrated after I use it; although, I do have oily skin. I also use it in the mornings to cleanse and again, it’s not drying. The pump dispenser is also huge plus for me. I’d definitely buy this again!
Update- CVS constantly has deals on Cetaphil, so another win for me!

on 6/26/2017 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This cleanser is very, very mild. I only use this in the morning after waking up, it's a good way to cleanse your face when it's already free of makeup or gunk. This will NOT remove makeup or even deep dirt from a long day, this would be a good product to use after a micellar water has been used or in the morning when you just need to refresh your face. It leaves your skin soft, smooth and feeling plumped.

on 2/6/2017 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Great for SUPER SENSITIVE bodies like mine. Just about every bodywash makes me dry and itchy, even those that are specially formulated for sensitive skin can cause discomfort. This is a cleanser for the face, but can also be used for the body. There aren't any suds, but it gets you clean and feeling nice.

on 9/21/2016 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

If you have sensitive or dry skin, want a good product but don't want to spend crazy amounts this is The product to use....it doesn't dry out skin at all; if you have very oily skin it's defo still good but might be too gentle.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

There is nothing special about this product, but hear me out. My face had a terrible breakout from using a clay mask, and I couldn't use anything but something very mild and gentle, so someone suggested this. When I first started using this, my skin starts to gradually get better, and better, but it never really gets to the point where it is really smooth. After a few weeks later, the breakouts start coming back. At first, I assumed that it must've been my period which caused the breakout, but it turns out that this cleanser isn't doing the only thing that it should be doing, which is cleansing my sweat from workout!

Consistency and texture - the consistency of this cleanser is somewhat 'oily' and 'loose', the colour is cloudy white. It feels like rubbing the less greasy version of oil on your face.

After I rinsed it off, my face felt exactly the same. It didn't feel squeaky, and since my face is oily, I would say this isn't so good at rinsing off those yucky oily bits on my nose and chin.

Pros:
+ Cheap
+ Is very very mild
+ Doesn't sting when it drips in your eyes
+ Doesn't burn on wounds or pimples
Cons:
- Too oily(?)
- Doesn't do much at all
- I had to rinse my face with this 'twice' in order to get all of my grease off

Do I recommend this? - Yes, I do. I would actually recommend this to people with very fragile and sensitive skin, or people who just started using cleanser (children, or kids). But if you are like me, and you have combination skin... I do not recommend this :) hope this helps!!

on 8/18/2016 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this for three years already.
It doesn't break my oily skin at all.
I think this is suitable for everyone as a second cleanser after you've used foam or oil cleanser.
It cleanses as it moisturizes which is amazing!
I love using this in dry winter months because it make my problematic skin flawless!

on 4/18/2016 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This cleans my face without making it feel tight or dry. My skin feels fresh and smooth. I rub it over dry skin and rinse with water. You can wet your face prior to applying the cleanser, but that's my preference. It has no dye or fragrance so my skin isn't irritated. You can shave your legs, underarms, and arms with this since it's very gentle. Just remember to use a razor specifically for sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser for some time now so my review is completely relevant. The texture of my skin while I am washing my face with this cleanser is rough and I dislike it. Also, I've noticed that my skin is very dry after I use this cleanser. I have now switched to a different face wash and can feel a tremendous difference. Cleanser is everything.