Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.7

on 10/6/2009 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is great! It made my makeup just melt off which is what you want at the end of a long day. I got this from victoria health, an online shop for 7.99 online and free delivery! I use this with water but you can also use it without. It makes my skin feel soft and really clean and pampered. I have seen comments saying how this leaves "a film" on the skin - unlike many other harsh cleansers this is so gentle on the skin that it actually doesn't disrupt the acid mantle layer of the skin. The acid mantle is a very fine, slightly acidic film on the surface of the skin acting as a barrier to bacteria, viruses and other potential contaminants that might penetrate the skin. I hate that squeaky feeling that some cleansers create. Will definitely buy this again.

on 4/23/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

A couple of years ago, I used to have bad acne simply due to puberty. I finally got control of it towards the end of seventh grade. When I had practically no zits, I decided to purchase this cleanser, and I absolutely LOVED it. I found that it really helped with my oiliness. However, I started breaking out a couple of months ago due to hormones, and I found that this cleanser wasn't treating my acne. I decided to try a new cleanser specifically for acne. I found that this really helped, however, I saw that my face was getting oily all of a sudden. I came to realize that my face was missing this product. I have since been using the acne cleanser at night, and this cleanser in the morning. This has helped my skin so much, and I am honestly so happy! It helps clean my skin in the morning of any oil or excess product from the night before. I recommend this product to anyone, no matter their skin type.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this product thinking that a gentle cleanser would be ideal for my sensitive, oily skin. This worked well for a while, but my skin started breaking out after a few weeks. I ruled it out to this cleanser, as soon as I switched, my skin cleared up. The cleanser is NOT chemical free which I strongly disliked, and there is fragrance which irritated my skin. What I did like about it was that it worked as a good makeup remover, but I would not use it again as an actual cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this product! It is great for my sensitive skin and it leaves my face feeling so soft! I just use it after I remove all of my makeup with a cold cream, it leaves my face clean and so smooth. It is definitely a beauty staple for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cetaphil is a yes and no cleanser. Theres no doubt that it works completely well for some people, but personally not for me. i am 14 and going through teen acne. i recenetly just switched cleansers (clean&clear- Cetaphil gental skin cleanser) and every plimple that ive ever had popped up. i completely broke out and it was terrible. i undertand that sometimes your skin may get a little shocked after swtiching cleansers, but for me, its just not worth the 2 weeks of "purging" or break out just for switching products. idk, if your skin is fairly adjustable and good with many products, then cetaphil will probably be good for you because its extremely gental.

hope this helps about a bit (coming from a very stressed teen girl who HATES ACNE!!:'(

on 12/13/2004 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

let me tell you, i don't think i've ever been happier with a product than with cetaphil cleanser and lotion. i'm 16, so naturally, i have acne. i recently got fed up with it - tired of telling myself "its just hormones" or "it'll die down"...infact it had gotten progressively worse. so i started the acne.org thing (go there if you have acne!!) and started using cetaphil along with benzoyl peroxide.
now, let me ALSO say that while i had acne, i also have sensitive skin, that, while oily often flakes all over the place...
and once i tried cetaphil, not only has my acne cleared up, but NO dry spots, my oil is in control, and my skin is soooo soft.
yeah, i'll admit, it hasnt got the greatest lather (okay..none) but any downs it might have are made up for in the results...seriously, when i wash my face with this as soon as i put it on i can FEEL it soothing my crazy, angry skin!
well, wow. all i can say is this stuff is AMAZING. my HG..rarely have i been impressed with anything like i have cetaphil. definately worth it!
edit: i still love this, but i find the bar version is a lot better! it has a lather and more cleansing, yet still helps w/ the sensitive skin.

This is my most essential product! I started using this product about a year ago after everything else I had tried on my skin had made it worse (I have keratosis pillars on my arms, which are like little red lumps and can sometimes look like a rash). I use this cleanser in the shower as pretty much a body wash and my arms have never looked better! While the texture does feel weird at first, you get used to it after the first time. I have never really used a cleanser on my face, as I have always had perfect skin and never felt the need to, but I use this morning and night on my face and it leaves it feeling smooth and refreshed. An excellent product that works well! It also comes in different sizes so it is very convenient, and you can get a 1L for $18!! Great price for a brilliant product!

This stuff is amazing! After struggling with typical teenage acne, I turned to harsh prescriptions. After a few weeks, my acne went down but my skin got dry and sensitive; even my gentle moisturiser stung! I decided to try Cetaphil again after many years, and it is PERFECT for me. It is so gentle, yet cleans so well. Using Cetaphil while on Tactuo is the perfect balance for me. My acne has gone down to one or two zits a week and my skin is returning to its normal balance.

One more thing: I've seen a lot of complaints about the price, but if you think about it you are getting a LOT of product and a little goes a long way. You only need half a pump for each wash and the bottle is huge! This stuff is going to last me a year, using it morning and night.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have oily skin so this product works great for me. I use it in the shower to clean my face and shoulder/chest area but whenever my face feels gross and oily, this stuff takes it all away and leaves my face smooth. If you have dry skin I guess it can be a bit drying but I also have the cetaphil lotion which is very mosturizing :) plus this stuff comes in a nice big bottle, I've had it for about 3 months now and its barely half way gone lol great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have the one for oily/ combination skin and i use it every morning in the shower, nice in the morning for a gentle clean