Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I saw my first dermatologist when I was 9 because of severe acne. At his office there were a ton of cetaphil samples, and he recommended this face wash. I used this for years. Finally I switched to Clean & Clear (Deep Action Face Wash) and my skin immediately improved. My face was brighter and I had less acne. I think Cetaphil made my break outs worse because it uses a lot of SLS, which is comedogenic & irritating to the skin.

This facial wash just does not cut it. Especially if you have oily skin or wear makeup. I've heard the company who owns this facial wash, Galderma, pays dermatologists to promote Cetaphil (I'm not sure if this is true! I do wonder why my derm as so many samples though). Galderma has created great products (such as differin & tri luma), but there are many other excellent facial washes. Aveeno Moisturizing Facial Bar, Clinique Facial Bar, Clean & Clear, & Olay all have great facial washes for around the same price or lower. If you use Cetaphil I dare you to try another facial wash for a few weeks--I bet your skin will improve.

on 8/27/2017 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

one of my fave cleansers of all time! even bets some high end I've tried. I find it hard to find a good cleanser for my combo skin, this is one of the few I'm in love with!

on 6/14/2017 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So I'm taking back everything I said before about this product. Turns out it wasn't cleansing as well as I thought. Evidenced by gradual increase in foundation-colored blackheads, whiteheads and general congestion of the skin. I have swapped to first cleanse with micellar water to kick-start makeup removal and then Dermeze which is in the same area of the pharmacy as Cetaphil. It contains glycerine and silk protein, cleanses really well and leaves my skin MEGA soft. Happy I have swapped it.

Excellent cleanser that leaves the skin feeling so soft, it's tempting not to put moisturiser on! I have very sensitive skin and this product is very gentle. You only need a small amount and it is really good for getting most of your mascara off. I always find a bit of mascara under my eyes in the morning but i don't often wear makeup so that is a minor issue but I do use Cetaphil daily -I never wash my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser was ok. I wanted to give it a try because so many people have sworn by this and my skin seems to be dehydrated now that I'm in my late 20s. I wanted to find something that was gentle and hydrating for my face without leaving a greasy feel afterwards. This cleanser did the job of cleaning it but I felt that my skin still looked stripped after. It really didn't do too much for my face other than clean it and it did not leave a greasy feel. I would say that it is gentle and didn't cause any irritations. I tried the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser and I found it to be much better. My face looked much more hydrated and softer compared to this cleanser.

So, I really actually like this product. I wear long-lasting foundation sometimes, but it's gotten rid of most of it, as far as I can tell. One thing I'd suggest to those who say it doesn't remove all your makeup, try steaming your face with a warm/hot washcloth first before using this. It'll open your pores and make it easier for the cleanser to get all up in there, ha. I have combination, sensitive skin that generally gets SUPER duper tight after washing, but I haven't had any issues when I use this.

The only reason I'm giving it four lippies is because the ingredients- which include several parabens & other ingredients (propene glycol) which have been scientifically proven and/or suspected of being linked to a lot of health issues. :/ Sucks, because I really enjoy this cleanser. I will use this up & try to find another gentle cleanser, but I won't be repurchasing for these reasons.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It does not make my skin clean, too much makeup left on the skin.

I love this brand, however the cleanser is not for me. I do not feel it removes my makeup all the way. I reminds me of how my grandmother use to slather ponds all over her face to remove her make up. I do not get that clean face feeling after it. It seems fine if you are doing a morning face wash. But it has too greasy of a feel for a makeup removal cleanser. Price is great though.

on 10/21/2016 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

After purchasing this cleanser twice I realized that I really am not a fan. I find that it just doesn't do a good job of cleansing. Leaves skin feeling oily and doesnt penetrate into the skin. Threw out the second bottle and stopped using it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is amazing it really is I use this as a morning cleanser and it cleans really well and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or itchy, I haven't tried it at night though.