Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/10/2010 10:04:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This is a really good product, my dermatologist recommended it for me. I don't really use it to wash my face though, just to remove make up with a q-tip or cotton ball. Overall I think it does a good job, and it's very inexpensive.

on 12/1/2009 12:33:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Maybe I don't wear that much makeup, but this removes all that I wear. My skin is soft, and I don't get dry patches anymore. I have used it for about five years, and have no reason to change.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I used to use this, and when I did, I really liked it. It was gentle enough to use everyday, and it was really great. Now, I use different products that work well together to keep my skin clear. This cleanser didn't help with MY acne, but using this with an anti-acne cream or something would probably be good.

But overall, I definitely would get it again, if the company I use stops making their cleansers, but I don't think it's worth the price. ($10)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

The most drying cleanser I've ever used. Uisng a bar soap would be better than this cleanser. My skin is sensitive and this cleanser caused red bumps, not actually pimples, more like clogged or congested bumps. Good thing it was so cheap, otherwise I would either return or be sorry I spent my money on such a disappointing product.

on 3/8/2008 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

This feels like nothing on my skin. My skin does not react to it all
i think this is great for someone who have normal skin type and just wants a regular face wash

I used the bottle up pretty quick i find that i dispense alot at one time
The new packaging is more appealing but it has increase in price..

but overall i prefeer something that lathers up
u gotta try it at least once!!

on 1/2/2006 6:20:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

Cetaphil is wonderful for my extremely dry, flaky and exezma prone skin. It cleanses without stripping, and it really does moisturize and softens! After I use the product, my skin is fresher and glows - I love it! The ONLY negative I can think of is how Cetaphil can be mildly irritating (a minor issue really) when my skin is at its most flakiest and driest.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I have never understood the hype that surrounds what in my opinion is a very mediocre cleanser. First of all, this cleary isn't for oily to normal skins like mine. Secondly, the mark for me of a good cleanser is its ability to get off all my makeup as well as any lingering dirt or residue from skin care lotions. I always feel as if there is this awful film on my skin after rinsing, it feels like putting skin cream on your face and mixing it with water, no thanks, I prefer foaming cleansers. Also, there are NO anti aging ingredients nor any modern skin care benefits in this product, it is a very basic product. The only redeeming quality this had for me, was that when I get my Jessner peels, this helps to keep the skin from drying out and it should, it has parabens and plasticine ingredients up the wazoo, not good for skin!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I only use this when I need an extra gentle skin cleanser after my Jessner peels. I agree with the last reviewer in that this does not remove makeup well at all. I just use my trusty Estee Lauder Take It Away total makeup remover first and then the Cetaphil on top. Needless to say, I would never make this my HG cleanser, oh yeah, did I mention that this leaves a weird film on my skin?

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

This is a light milky cleanser which is safe for sensitive skins. I used it when I used Retin-A. It did not make me feel dry after using it. It rinsed of well. It took off makeup quite well. Definitely worth a try. Well worth the price.

Eyes: Violet

Ehh, I guess I'm in the minority here, but it actually dried my skin, and left a ry, taught parched feeling, it actually hurt to smile. then the next day my skin started FLAKING.

All this and I don't even have liek super dry skin, in fact super oily in some areas, I don't knwo what it is, but I'm steering clear of this from now on.