Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 10/6/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is my new best friend. It's the type of product I would've shied away from before, because it doesn't feel like your typical cleanser. It's cream based and doesn't foam up. It doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky clean, a feeling I used to associate with a cleanser doing its job. Now I know better, and understand that the dry tightness most cleansers leave me with isn't good. By contrast, this cleanser leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I usually double-cleanse in the evening to take off make-up and the day's grime. I rinse with water and moisturize afterwards. In the morning, I find cleansing once is enough. On the back of the bottle it says you don't have to rinse it off - it's fine to leave on. I was skeptical, but during a vacation I found myself without a sink for a week (what a fun surprise!) and tried it. I was expecting to break out like crazy, and was really pleased to see that my skin didn't react at all!

I feel like the price for Cetaphil can be a little steep, depending on where you shop. If you wait for sales, you can usually get a pretty good deal. A lot of stores also make their own store brand with the exact same ingredients, and the ones I've tried have been pretty good too.

I was staying overnight at a friend's house, and getting ready for bed. When I discovered I did not have my professional cleanser with me only a professional cleanser a friend had given to me. I use what she gave me only to find my skin was dry after using her facial wash. The second night I saw Cetaphil Body Lotion n the closet and decided to try it. It left my skin nice as smooth and silky. Cetaphil is really a good skin care product, you should try it. I know I am going to try the cleanser now that I see how well the lotion works and it recovered my dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser on and off for over 10 years. However in the past few months I realised that my skin has become so flaky and dehydrated, I believe because of long term use of this product. My skin barrier has become completely shot, probably because of the sulfates. The ingredients don't break me out necessarily, however my skin becomes so dry that I break out from the dryness ( excess oil, dead skin etc). I recently tried it again and within 4 days my skin was dried out and tight. I just wonder how many of the skin issues I faced in the past were actually exacerbated by the product without me realising, surfice to say I won't be using it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have been using this for years! So fantastic for dry sensitive skin and also acne prone skin I love this so much will never use something else!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use this product years ago as a kid when I first started washing my face. It never made me breakout and it did the job. But now that I'm older and my skin has become oily and acne-prone it doesn't do anything. My face was breaking out and I though that maybe I could switch up cleansers. I used this to wash my face and the day after I got weird bumps in between my brows and around my t zone. I didn't think it would be the cleanser cause it never did that before. I kept using it for 2 days and the cluster of bumps kept getting worse so I finally decided maybe it was the cleanser and i needed to stop using it. The bumps weren't pimples so it might've been some kind of reaction. Either way it didn't do much for me except give me weird bumps. It didn't prevent breakouts or get rid of them so I wouldn't recommend this.

on 6/6/2017 1:49:00 PM

I have been using cetaphil daily cleanser for years after a treatment of accutane. The daily cleanser is my absolute favorite and will never switch. The gentle cleanser however is just okay for me. It doesn't feel like it fully cleans my face and there's a residue left on my face. I much rather prefer the daily cleanser over the gentle cleanser.

on 5/21/2017 12:18:00 AM

-This product does not do a good job at removing makeup, like at all.
-Was fine at first when I was younger but I need stronger products now
-My skin is combination most of the time. I have small acne but my skin swells and reddens easily, thus the need for a product that is good for sensitive skin.
-Packaging is not convenient for traveling

Love this product used it for years , does not irritate my eyes as well

on 4/21/2017 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I don't get all the hype. I wish I did, because in theory this should work great for my sensitive skin. This is akin to dish soap IMO while not making my skin feel clean at the same time. It's just clear, blah liquid soap. Pass.

on 11/10/2016 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just came here to remind everyone that this product IS NOT A MAKEUP REMOVER. This is a SKIN CLEANSER, so it should be used after you remove your makeup. I have very sensitive and dry skin, and this is the only product that cleans my skin without making it dry. If I don't use this just one day, I can see that my rosacea is more visible. I'm using this product for one year, and my skin is not the same anymore, I can see a lot of improvement. In the past, I wasn't able to apply makeup on the winter, I had so much rosacea and my skin was so sensitive that everything I used burned my face. Now, my face is not red anymore, I can use any makeup I want, and this is the perfect product to use before the moisturizer. What changed is that my skin is not just more clean and bright, it's less sensitive too. I can stay in places with AC, I don't feel my face burning. If you have sensitive and dry skin, you can't go wrong with this combination: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser + NeoStrata Moisture Infusion Hydrating Cream.