Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.4

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This doesn't work on me despite so many people loving it. Break me out and I didn't feel clean. Might just be me though because so many people swear by it.

on 1/5/2017 12:50:00 AM

I have sensitive skin, that is the reason I got this, but I dont like it at all, my face does not feel clean after this, I prefer my QV cleaner more, besides, it does not remove makeup at all. I normally use a makeup remover first, then my cleaner can get my whole face clean, but this one, cen not remove the rest left makeup....

on 10/16/2016 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I wouldn't recommend this cleanser. I have acne-prone/combination skin and this cleanser just kept clogging my pores. I had non-inflamed bumps (clogged pores) that kept appearing and inflamed ones (whiteheads). I tried this cleanser for about a month before noticing that it was this product that was causing my skin to breakout every now and then. It is also very drying which is weird since it's supposed to be gentle. Another thing is that it doesn't clean my face really well. There is a waxy-sticky layer on my skin after I wash with it (kind of suffocating). The texture of this cleanser is cream-gel like. (Doesn't foam) IMO it won't remove well makeup or waterproof skincare. If you do use these types of products you might need to double-cleanse. I don't wear makeup or waterproof products and I still felt like this cleanser didn't do its job. Since stopping this cleanser, the non-inflamed bumps (clogged pores) are going away. For me this cleanser didn't work. *Do take note that I don't have chronic acne, but random spots once in a while (prone to acne). This cleanser just made my skin worse even though I didn't have bad acne from the start.

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

----

If you ask for samples on their Facebook page (Cetaphil Canada) they will send you some to try very quickly. So you can try-test their products. Also they will also send you coupons and stuff if you ask. I didn't have to ask and they provided me with coupons and more. Their customer service is very good! They are very quick to respond and to send samples.

on 10/16/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hated this. I dont get why this is recommended for dry and sensitive skin. Its like putting lotion on your face and after washing it with water it just makes ur face feel oily and more sensitive (cause a strand of hair fell on my face after washing and it itched like crazy!). Only thing probrably yes, my dry skin is sort of gone but only for a few minutes. After that just felt greasy and oily. Same goes for the moisturizer. Im not a fan of cetaphil products at all.

on 9/8/2016 12:12:00 PM

I use it on my son who had eczema since birth. It is gentle and affordable. Kept his skin hydrated which helped the eczema problem a lot

on 6/6/2016 4:45:00 PM

This cleanser doesn't clean makeup well at all, unless you wipe it off with a cloth...but wiping off with a cloth will work even with just water. It also feels slightly oily after so I have to use another cleanser to remove the rest of the dirt and oil. It's also not very cheap...I got it for $16 CAD from Superstore. Since it's so watery, I have to use 2-3 pumps each time too. It might be perfect for those who don't wear makeup but then I'm sure they could just be cleansing with water to get the same results. Not sure what the hype is all about...perhaps because it's "non-stripping" by not doing anything.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

An oaky skin cleanser for family from 12 to 80.

Nice feel, gentle foam, good cleaning function, no tightening.

But it can't do much if you want brightening or anti-aging, etc.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Speaking from my personal experience, Cetaphil and Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash has been nothing but disaster for my facial skin. Good for those whom it worked for, but for my friends who suffers from acne and eczema, I just want to warn you guys so you won't have to experience what I have went through.

I started having acne 5 years ago and after visiting an aesthetician for facial, she recommended me to use Cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser. At first, it seemed like it wasn't doing anything bad to my skin, but I always had to go back for facial regularly for extraction to which I thought was normal as I was going through puberty.

It was a cycle I thought I was doomed to. I would go for facial at the start of every month, have a red face for the rest of the first week, enjoy clean looking skin for the second, start to see white and blackheads form on the third, suffer from breakouts on the fourth and go for facial again.

3 years later, something worse happened. I started having eczema!! My skin was constantly dry, flaky and red and I tried many moisturizers only to make my acne worst. During that period (I think 6 months), I started going for facials every 2 weeks and those pimples were deep and left nasty marks. My confidence was at pit bottom and I stayed at home most of the time. I even took medical leaves to escape going to work.

It only came under control after my visit to a dermatologist who prescribed me some cream. But my eczema would constantly come back and I had to bring the cream where ever I go just in case.

A few months back, I read online and saw that facial cleansers with salicylic acid may help with acne so I went to buy Neutrogena's Oil Free Cleanser. Although it did to help keep my acne under control, it dried out my skin like HELL. My whole face was FLAKING. It was like having scales! It was the worst decision. So I went back to cetaphil and guess what? Acne and eczema came back again.. I was desperate and thought all hopes were lost until my aesthetician recommended me babor's 2 in one gel cleanser.

Although it was relatively expensive for a cleanser, it really worked for me. My face is healing everyday and recently. I don't even have to use those creams any more. My skin never looked so good for a long time. Furthermore, although it's pricey, each bottle lasts longer than those cleansers you get over the counter so if you compare it, it's really the same.

I won't usually give reviews online but I really want to save people with the same problem as me because I know how it feels. People like us don't get clean skin from just washing with plain water and we have to put in a little extra effort to find the right product. If you visit this site you will see Cetaphil is made up of mostly comedogenic ingredients (http://www.caryskincare.com/acnecomedogeniclist.html) so PLEASE, help yourself. My advise is to invest in a better cleanser recommended by your dermatologist or aesthecian instead of using OTC products but of course, check out the ingredients before you get it. All the best guys.

At first use, that product clogged my pores .
At second use, I did a terrible allergic reaction to that product .

I bought that product thinking it would be soft and gentle to wash my skin but I really had the impression that I couldn't rince it off my face and that I was adding something instead of getting rid of sebum and other residues .
I really had the feeling that my skin was wrapped in plastic in a way .
And then, I did an allergic reaction to that cleanser ...

on 2/17/2015 9:53:00 AM

This is a horrible cleanser does nothing. The consistency is horrible too gloopy and has little to no foam . I have combination sensitive acne prone skin this did not clean my skin I still felt not clean. Even caused my face to become over dry it started to product more oil,breakouts, blotchy redness and dulls the complexion.