Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.6

on 2/19/2018 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very gentle. My sensitive acne prone face feels calmer and soothed when I use it. Unfortunately it gave me clogged pores. Now I am using it as a hair product to tame my flyaways because hair products usually break me out. I really wanted to like this product.

on 1/25/2018 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, this is the best skin cleanser for my sensitive oily and acne-prone skin. At first, I hated this cleanser bcs it will make my skin super oily after 3-4 hours, and switched to several cleansers after that.. COSRX Low PH Mild Morning Cleanser and Innisfree Cleansers...but these made my skin even worse, I had to bear with the stripping feeling everytime I washed my face, and my skin became more sensitive.. in the end, this cetaphil cleanser saved me... this is the only cleanser ive used so far that is super-duper mild for my skin type. I would totally not change my cleanser again

This cleanser is ok but does very little to get rid of oil on your face i used it and at first my skin was okay i got one pimple but my sideburn area when i woke up was filled with acne crysts.

on 12/20/2017 1:30:00 PM

I got to try this cleanser out in 2 small travel size that some left @ my house & I think 💭 this was a fairly decent cleanser 👍 I got to try it for about 2 weeks time!& it's a big departure from all my bar soaps cleansers I have been recently using from both almay & Clinique!
It was a refreshing change not to be stripping my face squeaky clean & dry Bc that's the norm for me since I have fairly greasy skin!
But this cleanser is different! it's a lotion texture & still cleans very good but doesn't over strip your skin like a bar soap would do!

I honestly feel that this cleanser would be appropriate for all skin types & I really liked it was fragrance free 👍!

on 11/28/2017 4:03:00 PM

I bought this cleanser when I was going through a bout of adult acne. I was already taking antibiotics and using topical ointments on my acne so I didn't want to use anything chemical-laden on my face. It didn't really make my acne worse but it didn't help either. I definitely think I needed something stronger for my combination skin because it is far too gentle. I also didn't like its consistency...I sometimes felt like I couldn't rinse it off properly. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with combination or oily skin.

I used to hate this product. I thought it wasn't doing anything to my skin but when I started to do double cleansing, (The Face Shop Cleansing Milk as the first step) I thought I should use something mild for the second step so I bought this again. (I also use Epiduo to treat my acne) Now my skin feels soft and I rarely get acne anymore, I just have some acne scars left.

I 100% recommend this for people with sensitive skin.

on 8/29/2017 8:20:00 PM

Normal to oily skinned people, buy Cetaphil's other cleanser. For my normal skin, this gentle skin cleanser only works to move around the oil on my face, even in the winter time when my skin is the "driest."

on 8/25/2017 3:04:00 AM

So, I bought this because my friend told me it's the best thing ever for acne and that it helped her a lot but it didn't do anything for me. At the same time, it didn't make me break out but it didn't help with my oiliness or skin. It's an average cleanser. It's good for if you need something gentle but if you're looking for something to help your skin I wouldn't really recommend it. (My skin is combination oily)

Pros: No Smell
Very light/gentle
Affordable price

Cons: Doesn't really help your skin
There's other cleansers on the market for the same price range that do more

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is so gentle I nearly feel my face still the same old dirt after cleansing with it. The texture is a gel cream& do not have any foam. I transfer some in a pump bottle& mix with water to get a foaming texture but it is still so thick though. Terrible for oily skin& really useless.

on 5/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This cleanser is great for my 'confused' skin condition right now - breakout, oily, dry, sensitive / red & sometimes itchy. I use this on a dry face in the morning & afternoon and wipe off with a tissue as it cleans so much better. Then I would use a stronger cleanser at night to wash every grime off before I go to bed. I think it's a great cleanser for people with "unstable/crazy' skin conditions. The packaging is really boring though, but it's def not a high priority for me at this time. I've just purchased a 2nd bigger bottle.