Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

This is a lot of people’s HG. Not me. I’m in my late 20s, have small amount of hormonal acne, occasional blackheads, and stupid combo (dry/oily/sometimes both at the same time) skin. I was using harsh chemicals, then tried light chemical exfoliants. My skin didn’t get worse or better. It just sat in the same limbo as the last 7 years.
I didn’t want to drop $12 on a bottle of plain face cleanser, but reviews pushed me to. I bought the face wash and matching lotion. It is light to no smell, has an ok foaming if you want it to, and seems gentle (no burning). I don’t wear foundation 99% of the time, so I can’t say how it removes that, but it removes eye makeup with two washes. My skin didn’t feel very tight after using, but I still needed to use lotion. I only used it in my dry spots.
Woke up in the morning, entire face was an oil spill. Had to wash it instead of wipe it. Repeated this for the next month and a half/2 months. I’ve had some acne pop up that wasn’t hormonal. I have basically ditched the lotion for my old moisturizer. Sadly the moisturizer isn’t good enough for winter legs and hands. Even without the lotion, my face is left oily in a few hours. I’ve been pressuring my perfect skin SO and son to use it to wash their butts (or whatever boys do in the shower, haha). I don’t hate it, but it just doesn’t do anything remarkable. It barely does its job. Amazon had glowing reviews, should have checked MUA first!

on 1/26/2018 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think they changed the formula. It used to be a milky color, now its clear and really dries out my skin. Bummer, I have a whole unused bottle.

I wanted to love this product, but honestly there's so many chemicals in it and it makes me feel like I have to wash my face after I use it. I wish they made a version that didn't have all these chemicals in it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would never use this product if I wore makeup that day. It does not remove makeup, but since the product is incredibly gentle, I use it after washing my face with my other cleanser, around my eyes, to make sure there is no mascara residue left. But even then, it doesn't do a great job. So, no... It's not great for my oily and somewhat problematic skin. It doesn't break me out, though.

However, I would only advise using this in the morning, when you don't have a lot of dirt on your face to clean. Don't ever only use this before sleeping if you wore the slightest bit of face makeup (concealer, blush, powder, foundation) during the day, because I doubt this product will remove it for you. Also, I don't enjoy the creamy texture of the cleanser, since it feels as if I am rubbing foamless shampoo on my face, with barely any results. For people who have oily skin, we usually need foam cleansers to get rid of all the built-up dirt.

This cleanser is too hyped up for what it is. It doesn’t cleanse properly! Even for winter months when I can’t use harsh cleansers, this is still too “gentle”. It 100% leaves all makeup and mascara still on. Even on a bare face, I get nose blackheads within days of using this because it doesn’t really clean well. Not sure who’d like this cleanser except people with extremely sensitive skin. Will not repurchase! There are better non-fragranced gentle cleansers on the market that clean. I use this to clean my cartilage ear piercing now.

on 12/4/2017 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combination and sensitive skin- oily around my nose and cheeks near my nose as well. At the same time , my skin is flaky. I've tried numerous cleasers and they all seem to aggravate my skin. This cleanser is the only one that haven't caused my skin to be more flaky. However, i do have to wash my nose area up to 3 times to remove the oily feeling. Nevertheless, i love this product!

on 11/10/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this few years ago when my friend suggested it. At that time i had quite a lot of acnes. from my experience it is not cleansing enough, my face was left feeling oily afterwards. For people who have normal-dry face it would it good but for people like me who has oily-combination skin better find something else.

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and hydrated after I use it; although, I do have oily skin. I also use it in the mornings to cleanse and again, it’s not drying. The pump dispenser is also huge plus for me. I’d definitely buy this again!
Update- CVS constantly has deals on Cetaphil, so another win for me!

on 10/22/2017 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I rarely review skin care or cleanser for that matter, but since I really didn't had a good experience with this product I thought I could leave my thoughts here.

I have acne pretty easily sadly, after seeing adds of this product and so many reviews of people enjoying it I choosed to give it a go.
I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I used it for more than 6 months because I really wanted to give it a solid try, but this product only gave me more acne and made my skin even more sensitive. After stopping using it I started to have less acne and my skin came back to normal.

So, maybe it's because I have a combo skin type that it didn't worked for me.
But over all I do not recomend it, and I wil certainly not buy it again!

on 9/17/2017 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought a travel-size bottle of this for my mom when she came to visit and have kept it on hand for her visits since. She has dry, mature skin. When my fourth baby had a terrible case of baby acne (which showed up at three weeks old) made worse by heat rash (from hot humid weather when she was four weeks old) I decided to try this cleanser since it is non-foaming. I smoothed it on her face, neck, and scalp, let it sit for five minutes then gently dabbed it off. I did this daily and a week later her skin dramatically improved. The acne had started to dry up and the redness reduced. Her skin was never irritated by this cleanser. Be careful with babies to keep this out of their eyes as this is not tear-free. As the baby acne turned into cradle cap, this helps lift the scaly, oily flakes off. I have combination/oily skin and I actually found this drying. Weird. When my oldest started to have her first blemishes, had her use this and a gateway cleanser. She’s only twelve, but it’s kept her dry skin under control. I’ll always keep some of this cleanser on hand.