Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.6

on 12/11/2017 8:39:00 PM

great product.
i was recommended this project by my doctor a few months ago for my acne and im incredibly happy with the results.
first of all, its an incredible value, i payed i think 15 dollars (Canadian) for this large container, it has an unoffensive barely there scent and doesnt irritate my sensitive skin. it also really helped with my acne without stripping my skin so thorougly of oils it feels tight. its excellent for removing makeup as well.
so overall the pros and cons are:
pros
unoffensive smell
good value
works well on sensitive skin
does'nt dry out skin
works well on acne prone skin
can be used to remove makeup

cons
not a super pretty bottle
so in conclusion i would absolutely recommend buying this, as its cheap and works well on all skin types.

Love Cetaphil Skin Cleanser! So gentle on me, and well priced given how big the bottle is. I have eczema and this is one of the only washes I can use. I've been a loyal Cetaphil user for over 4 years.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This cleanser is very okay. I don't think it is special, but it isn't supposed to have a lot of frills. It is very gentle, so if you need something for very sensitive skin, rosacea, a bad sunburn, etc then this is good for that when used with warm water. However, when used this way, it did leave my skin a little greasy. I think it is best as a makeup remover (applied to dry skin and wiped away with a dry cloth/cotton pad/etc) and followed by another cleanser, especially if you have oily or problem skin. For my own personal preference I would prefer to use a gentle cleanser that also does remove makeup since over-cleansing can be very drying and irritating to my skin, especially if I am having issues with rosacea. I don't think I would repurchase it at this time.

This cleanser is a light barely creamy cleanser that feels nice. It definitely gave me breakouts + a cystic one though (I rarely get), which is probably because it contains 3 different parabens, so I refuse to use it again. If you are acne prone avoid this at all cost.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A really gentle and great cleanser. Does not work for me because my skin is notoriously difficult, I find that most products break me out terribly but this gem works wonders for my friends with less finicky skin. For example, my best friend uses micellar water first to get make up off, then this and also uses it in the morning. Her skin that used to be dry and dull is now glowy and nice.

I know it's weird to review products for others but I know so many people for whom this works so well, I thought I just might :)

I used this product on my dry skin. Moisturizing works well and it has some sort of chemical odor. Overall, it is good to used in the Winter time.

I used to be oily but I've become more combination as time has passed. I don't use this Cetaphil cleanser daily but it's nice to have when my skin is feeling drier than not by the end of the day. It's also great that this cleanser is moisturizing because every now and again I need to give my skin a night off from acne treatments and simply add some moisture back in by simply cleansing with Cetaphil's gentle cleanser and going to bed with a no frills moisturizer on. I could liikely use this cleanser daily with no issue but for now it's a good occasional night off for my indecisive skin.

Update:
I wear contact lens.
As a habit, I discovered, I wash my hands with Cetaphil before inserting my contacts.

My contacts are in my bathroom by the sink and mirror. Germs thrive in bathrooms and hand soap is kept by the sink for washing.

Did you ever get handsoap in your eyes? I used to wash my hands with soap and water and then insert my lens.
OMG the burn!!!

I discovered, the other day when my Cetaphil bottle was empty, I wash my hands with Cetaphil after I use soap and water. The Cetaphil neutralizes the sting of soap on my contacts.

You can rinse and rinse your contacts with wetting solution but that one finger may have just a tad of soap lingering on it.

Right now, my right eye lid is clamped shut and watering from soap sting.

Using Cetaphil as I described is not suggested or endorsed on label. It's something I have been doing forever and it works for me.

Previous review:
Just picked up 3 pack from Sam's to avoid making mistake of buying "compare to Cetaphil" product merchandised next to Cetaphil on retail shelf. Dermatologist recommended brand when I was on heavy acne medication. I strayed away but always return. I use to remove makeup and eye makeup. It doesn't sting eyes. Everyone is different and I appreciate reading the reviews.

on 4/21/2017 12:35:00 PM

I have dry, sometimes sore and irritated skin so thought this would be a good choice as Cetaphil Cream is amazing for these conditions. Although this feels gentle and soothing to use, it does not clean your skin very well. It definitely doesn't clean off makeup or foundation. After using this and then using a toner, I could still see a lot of makeup on the cotton wool ball. If your skin isn't cleansed properly you are just asking for more skin problems. As long as you are prepared to use a secondary cleansing product to remove makeup or oil build up, then this is a nice gentle cleanser to finish with.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this cleanser. When I was growing up, I had (and still have) dry, sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts and used to have to get facials semi-regularly. Instead of pushing expensive products on me, the esthetician recommended I use this gentle, basic skin cleanser daily and save the money to spend on really good moisturizing products. I have been following this advice for ten years and it has never failed! Another great aspect of this product is that you can use it for your body, too, so you save extra $$ by not buying extra body wash.

The one thing I don't like about this product is that it's not highly rated by the Environmental Working Group (EWG.org) because it contains parabens. Although I have used this product for years, I'm currently on the hunt for an EWG-friendly dupe!!