Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 25-29
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 9/8/2016 12:12:00 PM

I use it on my son who had eczema since birth. It is gentle and affordable. Kept his skin hydrated which helped the eczema problem a lot

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: I have oily skin

This product is alright. I use this as part of my makeup removal routine. I realized that this product dried out my eyelids if I use it on my eyes. So when I use it now, I try to avoid my eye area and focus it on the rest of my face. It doesn't lather well. It feels like a gel. My skin does feel clean after.

I'm going to try and use up the Costco size bottle that I have. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 6/6/2016 4:45:00 PM

This cleanser doesn't clean makeup well at all, unless you wipe it off with a cloth...but wiping off with a cloth will work even with just water. It also feels slightly oily after so I have to use another cleanser to remove the rest of the dirt and oil. It's also not very cheap...I got it for $16 CAD from Superstore. Since it's so watery, I have to use 2-3 pumps each time too. It might be perfect for those who don't wear makeup but then I'm sure they could just be cleansing with water to get the same results. Not sure what the hype is all about...perhaps because it's "non-stripping" by not doing anything.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Cetaphil is one of my go to gentle cleansers. The consistency is light, color is white, and there are no medications in there. I usually exfoliate my face with this then let it sit for a minute or two in the shower then rinse off and use my regular routine. I will continue to rebuy this for a while forsure

on 8/28/2015 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have acne-prone, easy break-out after stop BC pills.
I just started to used Cetaphil 7 days ago and I can feel significant difference compare to others brand-name cleansers. I have tried: Special Cleanser Dermalogica/La-Roche Possay for oily sensitive skin/Garmade Sebo-Control/Origins Mushrooms Relief (this one is ok, i rated 3 because I don't feel clean after cleansing). Those cleaners are too strong for my sensitive combination skin. They make my skin feel tight and irritate and rash really bad.
I don't know if Cetaphil could wipe out my red prone-acnes or not but what I can feel now is relief for my skin and super clean after cleansing.
Updated: OK. After 12 days trial Cetaphil, i realized that it cannot wipe out my acnes. Actually, it getting worse. So i would not recommend for acne-prone skin. It might be used with anti-biotic and anti-acne serum because it's too gentle so it cannot kill bacteria in your clogged pores.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This a mild facial cleanser which doesn't foam and doesn't contain any fragrance.

Lately I'd been experiencing a lot of breakouts and irritation and so I bought this as I had heard good things. Within a week of using this, I found my skin had calmed down considerably so I'm really liking this so far. However, I also started using a witch hazel toner around the same time so I can't say for sure if it was this cleanser alone that improved my skin.

This is not strong enough to remove makeup. I usually use an oil cleanser to remove makeup (working the oil cleanser onto dry face of makeup and then rinsing with warm water), before massaging the Cetaphil cleanser into my damp skin and rinsing. This cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft and balmy, i.e. not drying and tight like other cleansers. I then pat my face dry and sweep a cotton pad with a little T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel toner across my face before following with oil-free moisturiser.

This cleanser is great value and my skins feel lovely and soft afterwards. I'd certainly repurchase.

on 1/21/2015 8:13:00 PM

Didnt like this product. I felt like it wasnt cleaning my face enough. Too gentle, I guess. It just didnt do anything for my face.

on 8/6/2014 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this daily and I love how gentle it is! The only thing is that it does not completely remove make up but that's ok because I use my makeup wipes first then wash my face with it. I have dry skin so I like how after I wash my face, it does not feel tight (like my face is going to crack). My face feels moisturized and clean every time I use it.

on 7/5/2014 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Cetaphil cleanser has been fundamental in getting me through the troublesome acne stages, and now the dehydrated skin too. I used so many SA and BP cleansers that irritated my acne prone skin but within a week of switching to the gentleness of Cetaphil my skin calmed down and started repairing. Now that acne is no longer my central problem, I have reintroduced it in my regime as a soft cleanse following a jojoba oil pre-cleanse to remove make up and unclog pores. It does not dehydrate my skin and is effective at removing the excess oil. I also use it water-free whenever I have minor breakouts on my body and it clears them straight up. Everytime I have run into a skin crisis in the last decade this product has come to the rescue. I don't know why I ever sropped using it - probably the allure of new products with their miracle cure promises and shiny marketing. But this cleanser is a great all rounder for all skin types and the real deal as an effective, gentle cleanser. Great value, great packaging, great results.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently had to downsize price wise for items, and went back to Cetaphil for my cleanser. My face hasn't broken out because of this (i think its the other stuff that i have tried) and much more accessible if you're on a budget.