Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.6

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I use this as my morning cleanser and it is my holy grail cleanser before I apply makeup. It does not dry up my already dry skin and is amazing at leaving my skin feeling clean and refreshed when I start the day. I don't use it as a makeup remover nor a night cleanser but when I use it in the morning, I am in love.

on 8/25/2017 3:04:00 AM

So, I bought this because my friend told me it's the best thing ever for acne and that it helped her a lot but it didn't do anything for me. At the same time, it didn't make me break out but it didn't help with my oiliness or skin. It's an average cleanser. It's good for if you need something gentle but if you're looking for something to help your skin I wouldn't really recommend it. (My skin is combination oily)

Pros: No Smell
Very light/gentle
Affordable price

Cons: Doesn't really help your skin
There's other cleansers on the market for the same price range that do more

on 11/13/2016 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

my skin is so dry that i have to used moisturizer in summer. but in may, i found out this amazing product through my friend and am reallllllly love it. it keep my skin hydrated and feel so soft. definitely buy it again

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite ever!
I'm using this since I've done my skin problems with dermatologist and all I can say is this product works for everyone! So gentle and it doesn't dry my skin but you're better use it twice in the morning and twice in the evening because it's so gentle hahaha . It's really more than worth the price :)

although the ingredient list of this product is simple, the ingredients are questionable. SLS? completely throws your skin's pH off balance and strips your skin of all its natural oils. it could also be an irritant.

and not one but THREE PARABENS???? we all know that parabens have been linked to cancer. plus parabens are easily absorbed into our skin.

After doing some research I realised Propylene Glycol could have been what triggered the WORST (up til now) eczema case. I've never had my eczema been so awful before. it was so bad that I could not even walk with the back of my knee (one of my major eczema zones) straight. I had to bend it slightly or it would be painful. I have been using this product for my face for a year now and it worked alright (except clogging my pores, which I only realised a long time after, and I now have an awful ton of skin-coloured bumps which only occured after using it. p.s I did not use ANY other product on my face AT ALL other than this cleanser at that point of time. nothing else could have caused that) and I figured it would work well for my body as well. I have NEVER had eczema in other zones other than the joint areas (arms and legs) but now its spread to so many other areas!!

according to truthinaging: Patients with eczema should use products containing Propylene Glycol with caution, as the incidence of allergic contact dermatitis to propylene glycol may be greater than 2% in patients with eczema (Wikipedia). IF YOU HAVE ECZEMA I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TO USE THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL LIKELY END UP WITH AN ECZEMA OUTBREAK!
also: Propylene Glycol is classified as an irritant by the National Library of Medicine, and the Material Safety Data Sheet lists it as a sensitizer that is slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant, permeator) or eye contact

this self-proclaimed "gentle and non-irritating" product does not live up to its claim. oh and the primary reason that it is 'dermatologists recommended' is because makers of Cetaphil ship thousands of samples to dermatologists across the land, making that recommendation easy (source: practicalskintuition)

on 8/6/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the worst cleanser I have ever purchased.
Made my skin feel like crap and made me break out ...
I have naturally dry skin and I break out and always have to moisturize
This was just terrible seriously a $3 cleanser does better than this

on 3/21/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to have really bad acne 2 years back and my dermatologist prescribed me with this cleanser along with antibiotics. This has since never left my skincare routine as it never irritate my skin or cause any breakout. This is something I have repurchased over and over. This product is basically just an ordinary gentle cleanser that is suitable for sensitive acne prone skin.

Texture & fragrance :
It is a slimy white coloured liquid without any fragrance.

Packaging :
It comes in different plastic bottle sizes.

Overall, this is my holy grail cleanser that I would continue using.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Too gentle for my skin! It felt like i was washing my face with conditioner. This product would be great on people with sensitive and dry skin.

on 12/24/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product isn't bad ... But it isn't wonderful either. Basically, this product does nothing to my face. Okay, it probably helped in cleaning because I use it 2-3 times a day, but it does absolutely no help in helping to clear up my face. I have a lot of acne on my face, but this doesn't helps to clear it. I have been using this for about 3 months or so, if there should be any effect, it should have kicked in by now. I'm fine using it because I feel that this does help me to clean my face (grime etc)but just not clean it to the extend that my pimples will fade. Plus, my mother bought a huge bottle for me, so it can probably last for another 4-6 more months. I'll most likely try something else when it runs out, so no, I'll most likely not be repurchasing.

on 12/21/2014 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This stuff is incredible. I have gone through multiple bottles of this and would go as far to call this my skin's saving grace.

For reference, I have horridly sensitive skin - when I try new skin products, nine out of ten times I will be left with a strange rubbery feeling on my skin that basically acts as a warning sign (don't use this again! This will mean bad things for your skin!) and I have come to find a skincare routine in which none of the products leave that feeling. One of such products is this wonderful cleanser.

This cleanser has no scent whatsoever and does NOT leave my skin feeling dry - in fact, it leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. That said, I do like to apply moisturiser immediately after I rinse this off and pat my face dry (just in case).

I HIGHLY recommend this, especially to those with sensitive skin who have had trouble finding a cleanser that doesn't make their face feel horrible. I hope it does for you what it does for me.