Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 3/8/2019 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a mild and gentle cleanser that I've come to like a lot over the past year. I dont have any issues with it removing my makeup but I also take my time to massage this in thoroughly and use a muslin Face cloth to remove it before rinsing it off. I never leave it on without rinsing. This doesnt leave my face tight or strip it dry but one problem (in our house anyway) is that this is a Sodium Lauryl Sulfate based cleanser even though it doesnt foam so my daughters cant use it. SLS cleansers give them a rash. The foaming version however is not SLS based and they use that with no problems. Something to consider if you're sulfate sensitive but otherwise it's a nice affordable cleanser.

on 6/21/2018 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One of my family members confused it with CeraVe when shopping. For me it did nothing extraordinary but I didn’t hated it also.

on 4/16/2018 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Do not buy Cetaphil sold for the Australian market it is absolutely terrible. Have tried it a number of times over the years, the Australian version always causes my normal skin to become extremely dry and irritated and sometimes has caused terrible rashes. It stings badly, sometimes burns, there is nothing gentle about this cleanser. I tried it on my face twice never again, the other times were as a body wash. I do not have sensitive skin. I have also tried it in the UK, and had no problems whatsoever. Cerave cleansers are far superior and cause no problems whatsoever.

on 3/8/2018 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My facialist warned me that this product has lots of fillers and parabens. I'm starting to care a lot more about my skin and the ingredients right now. I once tried Beautycounter because they are all natural, but some of the products don;t work as well. I tried Beauty By Design and it wa pretty cool because I was able to text with an esthetician and she matched me to a really great cleanser and moisturizer. They guarantee no harmful ingredients and natural skincare. It was def more expensive that what i used to spend, but now I know why sometimes you get what you pay for

on 1/25/2018 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, this is the best skin cleanser for my sensitive oily and acne-prone skin. At first, I hated this cleanser bcs it will make my skin super oily after 3-4 hours, and switched to several cleansers after that.. COSRX Low PH Mild Morning Cleanser and Innisfree Cleansers...but these made my skin even worse, I had to bear with the stripping feeling everytime I washed my face, and my skin became more sensitive.. in the end, this cetaphil cleanser saved me... this is the only cleanser ive used so far that is super-duper mild for my skin type. I would totally not change my cleanser again

I wanted to love this product, but honestly there's so many chemicals in it and it makes me feel like I have to wash my face after I use it. I wish they made a version that didn't have all these chemicals in it.

This cleanser is too hyped up for what it is. It doesn’t cleanse properly! Even for winter months when I can’t use harsh cleansers, this is still too “gentle”. It 100% leaves all makeup and mascara still on. Even on a bare face, I get nose blackheads within days of using this because it doesn’t really clean well. Not sure who’d like this cleanser except people with extremely sensitive skin. Will not repurchase! There are better non-fragranced gentle cleansers on the market that clean. I use this to clean my cartilage ear piercing now.

on 11/10/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this few years ago when my friend suggested it. At that time i had quite a lot of acnes. from my experience it is not cleansing enough, my face was left feeling oily afterwards. For people who have normal-dry face it would it good but for people like me who has oily-combination skin better find something else.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I use this as my morning cleanser and it is my holy grail cleanser before I apply makeup. It does not dry up my already dry skin and is amazing at leaving my skin feeling clean and refreshed when I start the day. I don't use it as a makeup remover nor a night cleanser but when I use it in the morning, I am in love.

on 8/29/2017 8:20:00 PM

Normal to oily skinned people, buy Cetaphil's other cleanser. For my normal skin, this gentle skin cleanser only works to move around the oil on my face, even in the winter time when my skin is the "driest."