Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The first time I used this cleanser, I remember thinking WOAH my face feels so clean! It's not a squeaky uncomfortable kind of clean, but a smooth moisturized kind of clean. It's super gentle on the skin, you know when it doesn't even sting when it gets into your eyes. It has sort of a watery consistency and is a milky white. You really don't need much to clean your whole face.
I'm not going to comment on how well this removes makeup because if you want to remove your makeup using a facial cleanser, you need to cleanse your face TWICE. The first time removes the makeup and the second time cleanses your face.

I use a makeup remover first, then use this to cleanse my face. Took 1 lippie off because i still get the occasional zit.

on 5/4/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

i've recently gone on a rampage for the best skin products out there, philosophy, paula's choice, etc. i used to have near perfect skin, but since i tried using natural oils, it broke me out..ever so slowly. so i dropped the oils and went for other cleansers, exfoliators etc..but it didn't get any better. once i went back to this, with my moisturizer after, my pimples were noticeably smaller! not sure how that works..it doesn't remove my makeup, but i use a separate makeup remover. and since i only wear very little bronzer and blush which fades off within the day, it cleans my skin well enough for me!

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i love this cleanser! i've used a bottle until i ran out of it, and have been wanting to buy more bottles of this but i live in a country where cetaphil is hard to find :(
use this on my face, one pump every time i wash my face

pros:
-cleared up my acne (my friends told me my skin is looking much cleaner)
-soft feeling every time i finish washing
-my HG cleanser
-love the packaging.. pump=hygienic!
cons:
-VERY hard to find. i've ask my friends abroad to buy dozensss for me
-sometimes i need 2 pumps to make sure my face is clean, since it is very gentle

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a GREAT product for sensitive skin.. My face once became swollen after using a benzoyl peroxide treatment, and I got this cleanser to help it.. it didn't help, but my burning, itching, red, swollen skin didn't react to this cleanser, which I am grateful for.. the fact that I could cleanse my face even when it was in such a poor condition.
However, I started using it afterwards, too, and since it was so gentle, I got acne - in fact, this is the worst my face has ever been with acne. So know that this cleanser is not geared to such things-I'll be your guinea pig. ;]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love love love this cleanser! Gentle yet effective, I can count on this product to get the dirt and grime out without breaking me out.
Althought it's a tad bit expensive ($10), I still think this is the best cleanser I've ever used. I've used this for a long time now and nothing can beat it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I originally bought this product from a recommendation from a dermatologist for my eczema. Granted it did leave my face slightly more moisturized then just washing my face with water. But that was only having to scrub roughly with a washcloth to get off part of the makeup and the rest I had to get off with my original face wash. I gave it a chance hoping that I tried different things such as leaving it to sit for a few minutes to disintegrate the makeup: no luck on anything I tried. My face just kept on getting drier and patcher as I used it. I finally got fed up with it and switched back to my regular face wash. I came across it today and considered using it again before I looked at the ingredients:
Cetyl alcohol = Essentially wax
Methylparaben = Cancerous
Propylparaben = Cancerous
Butylparaben = Cancerous

These are leading ingredients in the cleanser and essentially ‘toxic waste’ for your face. I will not buy again and advise people not to but it.

on 1/3/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle on my sensitive skin and doesn't dry me out at all (unlike the Cetaphil daily facial cleanser). I wish it was good for makeup removal... but honestly I didn't really expect it to be. Gentle cleansers don't usually do a good job of that. But other than that I have no complaints about this product and I will continue to repurchase :)