Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.4

on 1/9/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Decent, no frills cleanser. It gets my makeup off in one easy step. Has a great price. Doesn't break me out. The regular size bottle lasts for a couple of months with daily use. It's almost perfect. It's simple and it's what my face needs because I have sensitive acne prone skin. I use this mostly at night and some mornings too. I use it to take off my make up with a wash cloth and I follow up with my boscia cleanser. My face hasn't been this happy and clear in a long time.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So So. i never had acne problem. in high school i use the basic clean and clear.but at about 20 it started breaking me out all of a sudden so i switch to Neutrogen that did the same thing. so i went a while not using anything but water and my coco butter. long story i cant use any Medicated cleansers. my skin does not like it then I switch to the mary kay combinations facial wash (the only thing i use from that line) my skin loves this stuff. i just hate ordering it on line but i just order some and was a Walmart and saw a trail size i figure it can tie me over till my MK facial wash comes in the mail.

So i used it three times already and to be frank to me it like water down cold cream.....i mean it feel like water down lotion but it not moisturizing at all my skin still felt dry when i got out the shower. that baffled me. but i see it has the same ingredients that shampoos have and since i only shampoo my hair every couple weeks (to clarify my scalp) it drying to my hair i just co/wash my hair daily. so maybe that why it drying to my face??? either way i wont be using this anymore

dont understand the hype at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Update 1/7/16: Not enough cleansing power.

Most people complain it doesn't remove makeup but actually it REMOVES FACE MAKEUP BEAUTIFULLY! The tip is use it with dry face and hand and then GENTLY TISSUE OFF instead of rinse off. I experimented using this cleanser to remove several things such as liquid foundation (Loreal), makeup primer (Philosophy the Present), water resistant sunscreen (Bioderma Photoderm), and even oil pen ink, it just removes them really clean by using tissue off method except I have to use more pressure to remove oil pen ink. Then I splash my face with water to rinse off the residue. It doesn't dry out my tretinoin treated skin (oily acne prone and sensitive, really bad skin). Of course I always use separate eye makeup remover to take off my eye makeup. I simply feel it is asking too mush from a cleanser to remove waterproof eye makeup especially waterproof mascara. Anyways, HG!

on 11/19/2010 7:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

As someone who suffers from truely combination skin, I have always struggled to buy a cleanser that meets all my skincare needs. My skin is prone to breakouts, oily in the summer, dry in winter and also sensitive. In response to my mild acne problems, I have always gone towards buying cleansers that tackle my blemishes and in return am left with even more spots and dry, inflammed cheeks! What is a girl to do! So for a change I thought I would try a really simple and mild cleanser, such as cetaphil. It took a little getting used to in the beginning, as I usually use a cleanser that needs to be lathered up on the skin with water. This one however you have to massage into dry skin and then you wash it off.

It does give you an excuse to give your skin a little massage though and cetaphil left my skin feeling clean and soft. No film was left on my skin and it didnt feel in anyway harsh on the skin. Also it hasnt made me breakout in spots for a change! Would recommend as a safe bet cleanser for all skin types, good value too!

UPDATE - Have changed my score to 4 lipsticks, as the ingredients in this cleanser are not natural and there is debate out there on whether the ingrediants in this are safe to use. My search for the perfect cleanser continues...

on 11/24/2007 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this cleanser. I've tried others, but I've found that the fragrances are too strong and end up breaking me out after a week or two. So with Cetaphil, it's super gentle on my face! The best thing is I use BB buffing grains with it for exfoliation as well.

on 6/28/2007 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Ahh cetaphil!!! I've hesitated for a VERY long time in writing this review. (As though i work for them...) But i really was not impressed. My face just didn't feel clean, and it isn't the lack of lather that leaves me wanting (for i like Purity by Philosophy). I find it does not remove makeup well. And i don't have time to be triple washing. And even when I'm not wearing anything, i come away feeling like i need another pass or two with a scrub brush. For how much it costs, it's a bit too simple for me. Would not recommend. For a gentle face wash, I'd look at Purpose instead. I give it 3 and not lower because i dont hate it...

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Here's a trick to get that make-up off with Cetaphil. Before you take a shower, rub cetaphil all over your face, deep down till your face is foamy white. Then just putter around (get undressed, make sure the shower water temp is just right, etc.). Take your shower and towards the end of the shower, rinse off the cetaphil and be sure to use a face cloth. Afterwards, your skin will be baby soft and make-up free. If you have oily skin like I, be sure to use a stronger cleanser 1-2 times a week to remove hidden dirt & oil. Cetaphil is gentle so it prevents breakouts by not introducing foreign chemicals to your face. Think of it as the HMO of face washes. I like it lots.
P.S. Buy the store brand. It's the same thing and cheaper.