Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.6

on 11/24/2016 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is all that it could be for the price and it is supposed to be for sensitive skin. I don't know too much about the claims, I recently used a certain facial soap that irritated my skin and had to use something that was very gentle on my face, so I picked this one, the price was right and the claims was ok. My problem is that this stuff doesn't lather up at all so my face doesn't feel as clean as it should be and it dries your skin out something terrible, I had to use tons of moisturizers. The smell is ok and I bought the bar so the texture was as of that of a regular soap, nothing special! I think that it did it's job as to being gentle on my face for a while but it is very drying for me. If I had to buy it again, NO I wouldn't I think next time I would try Aveeno.

on 1/9/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Decent, no frills cleanser. It gets my makeup off in one easy step. Has a great price. Doesn't break me out. The regular size bottle lasts for a couple of months with daily use. It's almost perfect. It's simple and it's what my face needs because I have sensitive acne prone skin. I use this mostly at night and some mornings too. I use it to take off my make up with a wash cloth and I follow up with my boscia cleanser. My face hasn't been this happy and clear in a long time.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So. i never had acne problem. in high school i use the basic clean and clear.but at about 20 it started breaking me out all of a sudden so i switch to Neutrogen that did the same thing. so i went a while not using anything but water and my coco butter. long story i cant use any Medicated cleansers. my skin does not like it then I switch to the mary kay combinations facial wash (the only thing i use from that line) my skin loves this stuff. i just hate ordering it on line but i just order some and was a Walmart and saw a trail size i figure it can tie me over till my MK facial wash comes in the mail.

So i used it three times already and to be frank to me it like water down cold cream.....i mean it feel like water down lotion but it not moisturizing at all my skin still felt dry when i got out the shower. that baffled me. but i see it has the same ingredients that shampoos have and since i only shampoo my hair every couple weeks (to clarify my scalp) it drying to my hair i just co/wash my hair daily. so maybe that why it drying to my face??? either way i wont be using this anymore

dont understand the hype at all.

on 12/23/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This cleanser feels so dreamy on my skin. Whenever I would use a foaming cleanser on my dry skin, my face felt like it was so tight that I couldn't move it. The consistency of this is almost like a lotion, which my skin loves. I love this cleanser and will continue to repurchase over and over again :) never broke me out or gave me any kind of reaction. Love it!!

on 1/3/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle on my sensitive skin and doesn't dry me out at all (unlike the Cetaphil daily facial cleanser). I wish it was good for makeup removal... but honestly I didn't really expect it to be. Gentle cleansers don't usually do a good job of that. But other than that I have no complaints about this product and I will continue to repurchase :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love this stuff! I've been using it for three years or so, and find it suits all my needs for it. Now, looking at other reviews, I would like to remind people that it's very important that you read into what you're about to buy and make sure you know what it's supposed to do before you buy it. This does remove makeup because it's not made to. It's for skin, not makeup. As for it being overpriced, I think it depends on where you buy it. I usually get a 16 oz. bottle for around 6 dollars, but I've seen a lot higher pricings (like stopngo.com sells a 16 oz. bottle for $140.91, jeez!). I have really delicate skin, and this doesn't irritate it at all. It makes my skin soft and smooth, and helps with acne (though it's not immediately noticeable, it's made to be gentle so it won't remove skin to get rid of acne, like other brands pacifically for acne). All of Cetaphil's skin care products have very similar packaging, so it's also important that you read the label before buying it. I have bought the wrong kind a few times. The product itself is odorless (though other kinds of this brand can have scents sometimes) and is clear (again, different kinds have variations, but gentle skin cleanser is clear), and has a lotion consistency. It doesn't foam and if you put too much of it on and then not wash it off, not all your skin will absorb it, leaving some if it on and making your skin look "shiny as heck."

on 7/29/2013 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

When I was 12-14, my dermatologist recommended me to use this along wit their huge jar of moisturizer didn't do much for my skin. It felt like it didn't cleanse me as other washes. I still felt like my skin was dirty but maybe it was good for me. But after I finished the wash I never bought it again.

on 6/12/2013 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Love it, it's so gentle! Most cheaper cleansers have too much sodium laureth sulfate in them which always dries out my face, this has a much smaller amount than most so although there's enough to cleanse the muck of your face properly, it doesn't have the same drying effect. I love cetaphil 's moisturizer too, very hydrating.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I originally bought this product from a recommendation from a dermatologist for my eczema. Granted it did leave my face slightly more moisturized then just washing my face with water. But that was only having to scrub roughly with a washcloth to get off part of the makeup and the rest I had to get off with my original face wash. I gave it a chance hoping that I tried different things such as leaving it to sit for a few minutes to disintegrate the makeup: no luck on anything I tried. My face just kept on getting drier and patcher as I used it. I finally got fed up with it and switched back to my regular face wash. I came across it today and considered using it again before I looked at the ingredients:
Cetyl alcohol = Essentially wax
Methylparaben = Cancerous
Propylparaben = Cancerous
Butylparaben = Cancerous

These are leading ingredients in the cleanser and essentially toxic waste for your face. I will not buy again and advise people not to but it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love love love this cleanser! Gentle yet effective, I can count on this product to get the dirt and grime out without breaking me out.
Althought it's a tad bit expensive ($10), I still think this is the best cleanser I've ever used. I've used this for a long time now and nothing can beat it.