Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 9/24/2016 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have combination skin that is very reactive and sensitive. I have used this cleanser on and off for the last two years (mostly on) and love it. I initially purchased it to use as a first cleanse at night after I had an allergic reaction to some detergent. Once I started using this cleanser my skin healed so quickly (this was after trying loads of others that didn't help at all), I massage it into my dry skin then remove it with a wet cloth, followed by a second cleanse. This combination really works for my skin and leaves it feeling clean fresh without drying it out.
Despite trying out other products I always come back to this one!

on 5/19/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have oily skin, however foaming cleansers or cleansers specifically for oily skin make me even more oily and breakout prone. For the past few months I have been using the Garnier Micellar Water to remove my makeup/sunscreen then washing my face with this cleanser afterwards and it has helped to clear my adult acne and my face is less oily

on 4/18/2016 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This cleans my face without making it feel tight or dry. My skin feels fresh and smooth. I rub it over dry skin and rinse with water. You can wet your face prior to applying the cleanser, but that's my preference. It has no dye or fragrance so my skin isn't irritated. You can shave your legs, underarms, and arms with this since it's very gentle. Just remember to use a razor specifically for sensitive skin.

on 4/26/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm floored by how many people rave about this cleanser, it gave me one of the worst breakouts I ever experienced. I will NEVER try another Cetaphil product.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this product. I have struggled with acne all my life and used just about everything. This cleanses my face without any irraition. My acne has cleared up a lot even though i have only been using it for two week

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have very oily Tzone (think sebaceous hyperplasia levels), freakishly sensitive skin, and have had mild to moderate but persistent acne for well over a decade. I loved how this cleanser felt- it truly is made for sensitive skin in mind. My skin has turned bright red, dry and over the next few hours spat out excess oil after a splash of water, so know what I'm talking about. However, it completely clogged my pores over about two weeks; I began getting a crapton of whiteheads, and under the skin mounds pretty soon after that. I usually get inflamed, swollen pores around my tzone which then become clogged, infected and progress to acne spots, so the sudden appearance of white heads are not the norm for me at all. I also had a lot on my cheeks, and I can't remember when I last broke out there, its usually my only trouble-free area.
I changed nothing else in my regime at the time, and the horrible congestion and cheek breakouts disappeared when usage was discontinued. I do still use it and love it as a handwash, and I certainly won't throw it out because it's useful to have around for emergencies, I guess. But I absolutely cannot use this regularly as a cleanser.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Dries out skin and makes acne worse! Remember ladies, drying out exisiting zits does work, but doesn't help prevent new ones from coming! Good Cream cleasners can be way more effective if they have good antibacterial ingredients. (Burt Bees Deep Cleansing Soap Bark with Chamoille) has trememdously helped my acne.

on 1/12/2013 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product does it job by cleansing my face. Its pretty average nothing fancy about this product. Repurchase= maybe

on 11/4/2012 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Its Awesome I Love It And It Does What It Says For Cheap !.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I used this from the time I was 3 until a few years ago for my eczema. It was recommended my many docs since I'm allergic to soap but... it clogs my pores, makes me feel dirty and breaks me out.