Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.7

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

EHHH ... Filmy is one word to describe this. I honestly just can not seem to find any good use for this. I have normal/combo skin, and this just leaves my skin feeling worse then before it was washed. I broke out after using this, and I don't usually break out, except when I use products that don't work well with my skin. After seeing that it didn't do much as a cleanser, I tried using it just to remove eye makeup, and it softened the eye makeup, and but didn't actually remove it. I'd have to wipe my eye hard, or just use another cleanser on top of it. I hate the smell of this, even though it is practically "scent free" to me it smells heavy and blah. The texture is too thick, and feels unclean, imo.

on 10/13/2006 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this cleanser, having heard so much about it. Though it did leave my skin soft, it did not remove much of my make-up. Plus, I'm on several acne medications, Doxycycline, Differin, Klaron, and Neutrogena On-the-Spot, and this stuff caused these burned patches on my skin similar to sunburn, particularly when I was on Benzaclyn. I broke out often--I find Purpose Cleansing Bar to be more effective, both on my skin, and by cost.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this cleanser to wash my face in the morning. I can't really use it at night to wash off make-up because it is too gentle to do anything. I will continue to buy because I don't like using harsh cleansers on my face in the morning.

on 10/5/2007 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Cetaphil is great for sensitive skin. It is very gentle but gives you the right amount of clean. The only reason I don't use it everyday is because I'm acne-prone and it won't clear acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This the best and most gentle cleanser I have ever used. It never burns and feels so good! The best way to use it is to massage a generous amount on DRY skin, really work it in for a minute or more. Then rinse with warm water. It's so great and hydrating. I'd repurchase for sure since the proce is very reasonable.

on 5/30/2009 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I tried this cleanser for 4 weeks a couple years ago. I absolutely hate cetaphil.

1. It isn't good for oily/acne-prone skin. This cleanser leaves a gross film on your face. It also gave me more breakouts then I can count.

2. It doesn't "clean" my face. I do wear makeup, and this cleanser doesn't clean my face and it doesn't get rid of all my makeup.

I'm NOT going to buy this ever again.

on 8/19/2009 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this cleanser. I have large pores on my cheeks, and occasionally struggle with minor breakouts. I was using all of the pore minimizing and acne products I could get a hold of...being the obsessive, driven person I am I did overdo it, and my face made it's opinion clear to me by revolting and breaking out. (too many products/chemicals used)
My brother uses this, and he told me that it was very gentle, so I started using it. I couldn't believe it, because not only did the breakout clear up but the pores on my cheeks actually got very noticeably smaller. It's kind of ironic, this is the thing that works and it doesn't even advertise that, and all of the pore minimizing products didn't work, haha.
Anyways, all and all I couldn't ask for a better cleanser. I do try to exfoliate at the very least every 2 weeks, which removes all the stuff that this cleanser doesn't get off. No complaints here :)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this product.. I used it while I was on Accutane and it did not irritate my skin at all, ever. I really felt clean after using this and my skin was so soft. I followed with Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer and it helped with reducing some of my redness.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is alright. there nothing real bad about it. dosnt dry out skin. but there iv used better. except for some reason i hate the smell lol

on 7/6/2010 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Nice extremely gentle cleanser... Will get the job done without any irritation or breakouts. It's very mild, though, so if you are looking to get makeup (especially oil-based or long wearing makeup) off, this is not the product for you. It has a watery consistency and is fragrance free, and won't leave residue or scents to irritate your skin. Also it won't dry your skin out, which is very nice if your face is particularily dry. One great thing about it is that it does not require time for your skin to adjust to it (meaning no initial breakouts), good for those of us who are acne-prone. On the other hand, it won't work below the very surface of the skin (meaning it won't get into and cleanse your pores). I would say its best uses are for people with dry, sensitive skin, but I think all skin types will benefit from using this.

I personally use the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser once a day on my face and every so often (once or twice a week) I will use a scrub and mask. For especially hot weather when I'm sweating a lot, I'll use it multiple times a day. I also will use it for other sensitive areas of skin that can't take harsh soaps (yes, it's good down there, too), and I'll mix it with a tiny bit of tea tree oil to clean my piercings.