Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.7

on 1/4/2017 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Whoa! I've been looking for a good cleanser for my acne-prone skin. At first, i thought frank creamy face cleanser is the best cleanser, i've ever had, so when i ran out of the first bottle i decided to buy the second one. But it makes my face even worse with more painful acne all over my face. So i decided to stop using it. Then i found cetaphil, i didn't really think it's a good cleanser tho, but i tried it anyway and it's magical! Yay! It calms my acne although it doesn't feel like cleansing haha

on 4/23/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

A couple of years ago, I used to have bad acne simply due to puberty. I finally got control of it towards the end of seventh grade. When I had practically no zits, I decided to purchase this cleanser, and I absolutely LOVED it. I found that it really helped with my oiliness. However, I started breaking out a couple of months ago due to hormones, and I found that this cleanser wasn't treating my acne. I decided to try a new cleanser specifically for acne. I found that this really helped, however, I saw that my face was getting oily all of a sudden. I came to realize that my face was missing this product. I have since been using the acne cleanser at night, and this cleanser in the morning. This has helped my skin so much, and I am honestly so happy! It helps clean my skin in the morning of any oil or excess product from the night before. I recommend this product to anyone, no matter their skin type.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this product thinking that a gentle cleanser would be ideal for my sensitive, oily skin. This worked well for a while, but my skin started breaking out after a few weeks. I ruled it out to this cleanser, as soon as I switched, my skin cleared up. The cleanser is NOT chemical free which I strongly disliked, and there is fragrance which irritated my skin. What I did like about it was that it worked as a good makeup remover, but I would not use it again as an actual cleanser.

on 3/11/2015 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The reason why I bought this in the first place is because I started to break out. Basically I was using a different face wash & my skin did not like it at all. So I did more research and I thought I would give this a try. So glad I did because it helped my skin soooo much. I have kind of sensitive skin so this is pretty great. It helps with controlling my breakouts & also if I have a little breakout all I have to do is use this and it will go away. The texture of the face wash is also really nice and i like that it doesnt have any added fragrances. I didn't get the one with the pump so that kinda sucked but other than that i really like this product

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

A great cleanser to come back to. I have a habit of getting bored of cleansers, and sometimes I branch out and try new ones but this product always seems to be the one I come back to. It's always the same story: a cleanser I'm using is too harsh; I go back to Cetaphil; my skin calms down; use this product for a few months; decide it doesn't remove makeup or deeply cleanse my skin enough; buy another and the cycle starts again. I would use this cleanser all the time if there was a way for it to remove my heavy duty concealers, cleanse a little deeper and also be that gentle. But that's all impossible, and so I feel I will always have a love hate relationship with it. Overall, I do love it but sometimes isn't enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this product! It is great for my sensitive skin and it leaves my face feeling so soft! I just use it after I remove all of my makeup with a cold cream, it leaves my face clean and so smooth. It is definitely a beauty staple for me!

on 8/1/2014 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is indeed a gentle cleanser. But it leaved a weird sticky film on my face that was almost impossible to take off. It didn't dry out my skin, which is good, but I felt that it wasn't cleaning enough. Very good for harsh winters of dry skin, but for combination/oily skin, not so much. Then again, it depends on preference. If you like cleansers that leave a sticky film on your face, go ahead. Now that I think about it, this would make an awsome body wash for my severly dry, sensitive, eczema body skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love how this makes my face feel, but my face doesn't like it. It doesn't dry my face like other products, but it makes me break out. I got three nasty zits and tons of other spots. The top of the pump also broke.

on 3/13/2014 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. My face is somewhat sensitive. It moisturizes my face and balances out the oilyness I get in the morning.

on 8/28/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product was recommended to me by my dermatologist back then a while ago. I really do not like this cleanser at all. Secondly, it has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and this cleanser does not leave my face feeling fresh or clean! I highly prefer CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser over this.