Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.6

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and not dry at all after I use it. I also use it in the mornings and again, it’s not drying. Idk how it’d feel for dry skin because i have oily skin. I also really like the pump dispenser. I’d definitely buy this again!

on 9/17/2017 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought a travel-size bottle of this for my mom when she came to visit and have kept it on hand for her visits since. She has dry, mature skin. When my fourth baby had a terrible case of baby acne (which showed up at three weeks old) made worse by heat rash (from hot humid weather when she was four weeks old) I decided to try this cleanser since it is non-foaming. I smoothed it on her face, neck, and scalp, let it sit for five minutes then gently dabbed it off. I did this daily and a week later her skin dramatically improved. The acne had started to dry up and the redness reduced. Her skin was never irritated by this cleanser. Be careful with babies to keep this out of their eyes as this is not tear-free. As the baby acne turned into cradle cap, this helps lift the scaly, oily flakes off. I have combination/oily skin and I actually found this drying. Weird. When my oldest started to have her first blemishes, had her use this and a gateway cleanser. She’s only twelve, but it’s kept her dry skin under control. I’ll always keep some of this cleanser on hand.

on 8/27/2017 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

one of my fave cleansers of all time! even bets some high end I've tried. I find it hard to find a good cleanser for my combo skin, this is one of the few I'm in love with!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think everyone has tried Cetaphil. You can buy it everywhere, it's pretty cheap, and it's 'dermatologist recommended'.

We are a pretty sensitive crew at our house, so I gave this a spin. It's unscented which we always appreciate. It's gentle, 'tis true. Unfortunately, it's cleaning action is also rather gentle.

This doesn't do a very good job of removing makeup at all, so it's better as a morning wash. I've found my face is just as happy in the mornings with using water to rinse with a facecloth (it's looking pretty happy, actually!). I've been using Garnier Micellar at night and I like that a lot better (no sticky gooey soap sensation).

I'm afraid this face wash is now unemployed at our house, until some new family member wants to give it a spin.

on 4/21/2017 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I don't get all the hype. I wish I did, because in theory this should work great for my sensitive skin. This is akin to dish soap IMO while not making my skin feel clean at the same time. It's just clear, blah liquid soap. Pass.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't use this product to remove makeup, just to wash my face, but as someone with acne who has just stopped taking medication it is one of a few products which have helped a lot with getting my breakouts under control! Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh without making it feel dry or irritated. Nice for people with sensitive skin and a good value product to try out if you have acne.

on 2/5/2017 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this is a very gentle cleanser, it will not remove makeup and is probably better for those who have dry, itchy sensitive skin. It reminds me a lot of Cerave hydrating cleanser but I don't quite like this one as much. This is okay for a morning facewash if my face has very dry spots but often my face is not dry enough for it, I have more combo skin with a very oily t-zone. This certainly does not leave my face feeling clean, it actually feels like I added a light moisturizer after washing with this. 3.5 is a more honest rating. Likely will not repurchase as I am not finding I have much use for it.

on 1/4/2017 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Whoa! I've been looking for a good cleanser for my acne-prone skin. At first, i thought frank creamy face cleanser is the best cleanser, i've ever had, so when i ran out of the first bottle i decided to buy the second one. But it makes my face even worse with more painful acne all over my face. So i decided to stop using it. Then i found cetaphil, i didn't really think it's a good cleanser tho, but i tried it anyway and it's magical! Yay! It calms my acne although it doesn't feel like cleansing haha

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My go to cleanser for use with my clarasonic. I love it. Leaves my skin really nice and even though it's not for that I sometimes use it to remove makeup. I used to use Johnson & Johnson purpose but I honestly haven't repurchase that in months if not over a year, I just prefer this. I have well-behaved pretty good skin that is slightly oily.

on 6/4/2016 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

If you have oily skin and love that squeaky clean feeling, this will not do it. You will need something foamy. If you are going to buy this as an all-in-one regime, skip it. I recommend Philosophy Purity Cleanser if that is what you are looking for. This will not cut through makeup. I tried. Does not work. UNLESS you use some kind of spin brush or Clarisonic. I use a silicon brush with short bristles from Sephora with this cleanser on some days as a gentle exfoliator. I only use colour corrector on daily basis. So this is perfect for me. My skin is ultra dry and sensitive but eversince I started using this 2 years ago, the dry patches are under control. Did not cause any breakouts or reactions. It is great. I have a tiny sample bottle in my bag for cleansing on the go. I will create a massive havoc if they decide to change formula some day.