Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.6

on 6/21/2018 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One of my family members confused it with CeraVe when shopping. For me it did nothing extraordinary but I didn’t hated it also.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like this a lot and have already repurchased. I have rosacea so like to stay away from foaming cleansers. This feels like a lotion but washes off well, without drying out my face. It’s reasonably price me - £14.99 got me a ridiculously large bottle with a pump which is convenient and easy to use. I like that this is as plain as you can get but works well. No scent, no colour, no soap. This is my second cleanse after Body Shop camomile cleansing balm and my skin is lovely. Still red, but otherwise in good condition.

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and hydrated after I use it; although, I do have oily skin. I also use it in the mornings to cleanse and again, it’s not drying. The pump dispenser is also huge plus for me. I’d definitely buy this again!
Update- CVS constantly has deals on Cetaphil, so another win for me!

on 9/17/2017 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought a travel-size bottle of this for my mom when she came to visit and have kept it on hand for her visits since. She has dry, mature skin. When my fourth baby had a terrible case of baby acne (which showed up at three weeks old) made worse by heat rash (from hot humid weather when she was four weeks old) I decided to try this cleanser since it is non-foaming. I smoothed it on her face, neck, and scalp, let it sit for five minutes then gently dabbed it off. I did this daily and a week later her skin dramatically improved. The acne had started to dry up and the redness reduced. Her skin was never irritated by this cleanser. Be careful with babies to keep this out of their eyes as this is not tear-free. As the baby acne turned into cradle cap, this helps lift the scaly, oily flakes off. I have combination/oily skin and I actually found this drying. Weird. When my oldest started to have her first blemishes, had her use this and a gateway cleanser. She’s only twelve, but it’s kept her dry skin under control. I’ll always keep some of this cleanser on hand.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this cleanser on and off for over 10 years. However in the past few months I realised that my skin has become so flaky and dehydrated, I believe because of long term use of this product. My skin barrier has become completely shot, probably because of the sulfates. The ingredients don't break me out necessarily, however my skin becomes so dry that I break out from the dryness ( excess oil, dead skin etc). I recently tried it again and within 4 days my skin was dried out and tight. I just wonder how many of the skin issues I faced in the past were actually exacerbated by the product without me realising, surfice to say I won't be using it again.

on 8/27/2017 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

one of my fave cleansers of all time! even bets some high end I've tried. I find it hard to find a good cleanser for my combo skin, this is one of the few I'm in love with!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think everyone has tried Cetaphil. You can buy it everywhere, it's pretty cheap, and it's 'dermatologist recommended'.

We are a pretty sensitive crew at our house, so I gave this a spin. It's unscented which we always appreciate. It's gentle, 'tis true. Unfortunately, it's cleaning action is also rather gentle.

This doesn't do a very good job of removing makeup at all, so it's better as a morning wash. I've found my face is just as happy in the mornings with using water to rinse with a facecloth (it's looking pretty happy, actually!). I've been using Garnier Micellar at night and I like that a lot better (no sticky gooey soap sensation).

I'm afraid this face wash is now unemployed at our house, until some new family member wants to give it a spin.

on 4/21/2017 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I don't get all the hype. I wish I did, because in theory this should work great for my sensitive skin. This is akin to dish soap IMO while not making my skin feel clean at the same time. It's just clear, blah liquid soap. Pass.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't use this product to remove makeup, just to wash my face, but as someone with acne who has just stopped taking medication it is one of a few products which have helped a lot with getting my breakouts under control! Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh without making it feel dry or irritated. Nice for people with sensitive skin and a good value product to try out if you have acne.

on 2/5/2017 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this is a very gentle cleanser, it will not remove makeup and is probably better for those who have dry, itchy sensitive skin. It reminds me a lot of Cerave hydrating cleanser but I don't quite like this one as much. This is okay for a morning facewash if my face has very dry spots but often my face is not dry enough for it, I have more combo skin with a very oily t-zone. This certainly does not leave my face feeling clean, it actually feels like I added a light moisturizer after washing with this. 3.5 is a more honest rating. Likely will not repurchase as I am not finding I have much use for it.