Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even tell you how many times I've bought this cleanser! It's a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin and for people who can be irritated by harsh soaps and scents. It goes great with their moisturizer as well. Love this cleanser!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ive been using this for over the past year now.
Now to debrief, i have super sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. What a mouthful. But, i really like this cleanser. It's super gentle and leaves my face feeling moisturised and soft. The texture of it is quite watery and has no smell whatsover.

Only down fall is that if you are like me and tend to wash you face to get rid of your makeup, then this wont do it. You'll need to use a makeup wipe or remover and then use this cleanser. As this cleanser is super gentle, it won't take off heavy makeup. Additionally, if you're looking for a product that is going to help acne, then also keep looking as my acne is still, very much on my face.

If you have super sensitive skin, i would definitely recommend you to try this. I've used many cleansers that have claimed to be for sensitive skin but have left my skin in red blotches. However this one leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin. I've suffered from severe acne in the past and it was just clearing up when I decided to try this. Bad decision. It made my skin red and tight and broke me out terribly. It is probably possible that I am allergic to an ingredient. If you have super sensitive skin, I would skip this product. Cetaphil has good products, but this one was disappointing.

on 8/18/2016 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this for three years already.
It doesn't break my oily skin at all.
I think this is suitable for everyone as a second cleanser after you've used foam or oil cleanser.
It cleanses as it moisturizes which is amazing!
I love using this in dry winter months because it make my problematic skin flawless!

although the ingredient list of this product is simple, the ingredients are questionable. SLS? completely throws your skin's pH off balance and strips your skin of all its natural oils. it could also be an irritant.

and not one but THREE PARABENS???? we all know that parabens have been linked to cancer. plus parabens are easily absorbed into our skin.

After doing some research I realised Propylene Glycol could have been what triggered the WORST (up til now) eczema case. I've never had my eczema been so awful before. it was so bad that I could not even walk with the back of my knee (one of my major eczema zones) straight. I had to bend it slightly or it would be painful. I have been using this product for my face for a year now and it worked alright (except clogging my pores, which I only realised a long time after, and I now have an awful ton of skin-coloured bumps which only occured after using it. p.s I did not use ANY other product on my face AT ALL other than this cleanser at that point of time. nothing else could have caused that) and I figured it would work well for my body as well. I have NEVER had eczema in other zones other than the joint areas (arms and legs) but now its spread to so many other areas!!

according to truthinaging: Patients with eczema should use products containing Propylene Glycol with caution, as the incidence of allergic contact dermatitis to propylene glycol may be greater than 2% in patients with eczema (Wikipedia). IF YOU HAVE ECZEMA I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TO USE THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL LIKELY END UP WITH AN ECZEMA OUTBREAK!
also: Propylene Glycol is classified as an irritant by the National Library of Medicine, and the Material Safety Data Sheet lists it as a sensitizer that is slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant, permeator) or eye contact

this self-proclaimed "gentle and non-irritating" product does not live up to its claim. oh and the primary reason that it is 'dermatologists recommended' is because makers of Cetaphil ship thousands of samples to dermatologists across the land, making that recommendation easy (source: practicalskintuition)

on 2/15/2016 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

For a few weeks before using this cleanser, I did not cleanse my face at all, and my skin had relatively few pimples. When I started using this, I started getting more pimples. Moreover, my skin always feels greasier after cleansing my face with this. After giving up on this cleanser, there was still a lot of it left, so I used it as a body wash.

Update: Now that I use it as a body wash, my back broke out more. I'll probably just use it to clean surfaces.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used this previously when I had combination oily skin, and I found that it didn't do anything for me. Now that I am on Differin, I have dry, tight skin. I use this in the morning and at night after I use mineral oil to remove my makeup. I found that in order to get the oil off at night, I had to wash my face two or three times with this because it is so gentle. However, I have no problems in the morning.

This cleanser is excellent for anybody who might be on medication that is making their skin very sensitive. It is not irritating at all, and cleanses my face properly.

on 2/10/2015 9:10:00 PM

I love this cleanser its gentle and doesn't leave any problems like many cleansers. The price is very lovely, I buy the bigger one which comes with a travel size tube. I use to use proactiv when I was 12 and had super bad break outs but the benzoyl peroxide didn't go well with my skin, drying it out (although It worked better than the other acid forgot the name) then I tried this and at first I thought this won't work on my skin it won't fight acne or clean it good, but I was wrong it help my skins moisture and now I'm 100% acne free, I been using this for four years now, sometimes I notice it doesn't clean all my makeup off but then I clean my face again

on 12/21/2014 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This stuff is incredible. I have gone through multiple bottles of this and would go as far to call this my skin's saving grace.

For reference, I have horridly sensitive skin - when I try new skin products, nine out of ten times I will be left with a strange rubbery feeling on my skin that basically acts as a warning sign (don't use this again! This will mean bad things for your skin!) and I have come to find a skincare routine in which none of the products leave that feeling. One of such products is this wonderful cleanser.

This cleanser has no scent whatsoever and does NOT leave my skin feeling dry - in fact, it leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. That said, I do like to apply moisturiser immediately after I rinse this off and pat my face dry (just in case).

I HIGHLY recommend this, especially to those with sensitive skin who have had trouble finding a cleanser that doesn't make their face feel horrible. I hope it does for you what it does for me.

on 10/26/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is something I would only recommend if your skin was extremely sensitive. It didn't do much for my skin. The texture and scent just reminded me of a hand soap and not a cleanser. It was difficult to bubble and I was just not impressed with the product overall. However, if you just want a light and sensitive cleanser for everyday, then I definitely do recommend this product.