Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Back in the days before I knew what SLS or parabens were, Cetaphil cleanser came highly recommended to me from a close friend who swore it helped reduce their skins oil production. It seemed plausible that my skin was actually dehydrated and therefore oil production was in over drive. Perhaps a really mild, non-foaming cleanser such as Cetaphil could help keep my skin hydrated and therefore less oily? Wrong! Turns out dehydration was not the cause of my super-oily skin and I know that from having used this and from years of investing in hydrating oil-free products: serums, sheet masks, moisturizers, you name it. I've come to realize there can be different reasons for excessive oil production and in my case luckily over the years it lessened. I do also recall this making my skin feel unclean, as though there was an oily film still on it. Thankfully I didn't experience any of the breakouts and redness others experienced - even though my skin is quite prone to acting up like that!

For those who may be dehydrated-oily, this may be worth a shot. Just keep in mind it does contain SLS and parabens and there are so many better (and milder) cleansers out there you could try instead.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 11/13/2017 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I always use this one.
I like it:)

it almost empty I have to
go buy it:)

Love Cetaphil Skin Cleanser! So gentle on me, and well priced given how big the bottle is. I have eczema and this is one of the only washes I can use. I've been a loyal Cetaphil user for over 4 years.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I use this as my morning cleanser and it is my holy grail cleanser before I apply makeup. It does not dry up my already dry skin and is amazing at leaving my skin feeling clean and refreshed when I start the day. I don't use it as a makeup remover nor a night cleanser but when I use it in the morning, I am in love.

A true DS gem! I got the one for oily skin. I like to use it In the AM to get off all of the oil that accumulated during the night. It has an unpleasant scent to me imo. I use it on my face dry then scrub off w a wash cloth. Cleanses well. Good stuff!! Will take off traces of makeup (use micellar water before). I wouldn't recommend using this as your principle makeup remover. It won't dissolve the makeup in my experience but it will take off any last bits you missed. Won't sting if you accidentally get a little in your eye.

on 2/6/2017 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Great for SUPER SENSITIVE bodies like mine. Just about every bodywash makes me dry and itchy, even those that are specially formulated for sensitive skin can cause discomfort. This is a cleanser for the face, but can also be used for the body. There aren't any suds, but it gets you clean and feeling nice.

I definitely need to do a review on this product. I've used this back and forth, and thought I was not impressed. However, undeniably this cleanser and this cleanser alone, has brought my skin back from 2 of the worst breakouts I've had. Am not sure why, maybe the simplicity of the ingredients, but it is hands down what has ended the cycle of my breakouts....the only thing I dislike is the fact that it contains parabens. Other than that, this is a perfect product...

It is not a bad cleansing product, but it contains paraben, which is known to have some health risks. I would propose more natural cleansers here - http://micellarwaterworld.com .

on 10/7/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this about a month ago because I didn't want to keep using my boyfriend's expensive bottle of philosophy's purity (even though it's a great cleanser). I also bought this because it's so readily available, and you can buy it in bulk at Costco. Recently, my skin has been on a wild ride, so I needed something that wouldn't break me out. This, luckily didn't. If you work it enough, it will get creamy and have a bit of microfoam, otherwise it doesn't soap up at all. I use it in the shower with lukewarm water and I find that my skin always feels medium clean when I'm finished. When I'm done this bottle, I'm going to try cerave's hydrating cleanser and a different makeup remover because this is really bad for removing makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

There is nothing special about this product, but hear me out. My face had a terrible breakout from using a clay mask, and I couldn't use anything but something very mild and gentle, so someone suggested this. When I first started using this, my skin starts to gradually get better, and better, but it never really gets to the point where it is really smooth. After a few weeks later, the breakouts start coming back. At first, I assumed that it must've been my period which caused the breakout, but it turns out that this cleanser isn't doing the only thing that it should be doing, which is cleansing my sweat from workout!

Consistency and texture - the consistency of this cleanser is somewhat 'oily' and 'loose', the colour is cloudy white. It feels like rubbing the less greasy version of oil on your face.

After I rinsed it off, my face felt exactly the same. It didn't feel squeaky, and since my face is oily, I would say this isn't so good at rinsing off those yucky oily bits on my nose and chin.

Pros:
+ Cheap
+ Is very very mild
+ Doesn't sting when it drips in your eyes
+ Doesn't burn on wounds or pimples
Cons:
- Too oily(?)
- Doesn't do much at all
- I had to rinse my face with this 'twice' in order to get all of my grease off

Do I recommend this? - Yes, I do. I would actually recommend this to people with very fragile and sensitive skin, or people who just started using cleanser (children, or kids). But if you are like me, and you have combination skin... I do not recommend this :) hope this helps!!