Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Other
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/17/2017 7:12:00 PM

i love the texture of this cleanser, it is almost a creamy sort of liquid consistency. the smell is nice and it feels good on the skin. for me personally, it didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry after cleansing. however, this cleanser is not ph-balanced so i could not risk using it long-term. using too high of a ph soap on your face can damage your skin's natural moisture barrier and cause dryness, irritation, and acne. that is one reason that a lot of people have that type of experience with this cleanser.

on 11/13/2017 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I always use this one.
I like it:)

it almost empty I have to
go buy it:)

Love Cetaphil Skin Cleanser! So gentle on me, and well priced given how big the bottle is. I have eczema and this is one of the only washes I can use. I've been a loyal Cetaphil user for over 4 years.

on 2/6/2017 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Great for SUPER SENSITIVE bodies like mine. Just about every bodywash makes me dry and itchy, even those that are specially formulated for sensitive skin can cause discomfort. This is a cleanser for the face, but can also be used for the body. There aren't any suds, but it gets you clean and feeling nice.

I definitely need to do a review on this product. I've used this back and forth, and thought I was not impressed. However, undeniably this cleanser and this cleanser alone, has brought my skin back from 2 of the worst breakouts I've had. Am not sure why, maybe the simplicity of the ingredients, but it is hands down what has ended the cycle of my breakouts....the only thing I dislike is the fact that it contains parabens. Other than that, this is a perfect product...

It is not a bad cleansing product, but it contains paraben, which is known to have some health risks. I would propose more natural cleansers here - http://micellarwaterworld.com .

on 10/7/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this about a month ago because I didn't want to keep using my boyfriend's expensive bottle of philosophy's purity (even though it's a great cleanser). I also bought this because it's so readily available, and you can buy it in bulk at Costco. Recently, my skin has been on a wild ride, so I needed something that wouldn't break me out. This, luckily didn't. If you work it enough, it will get creamy and have a bit of microfoam, otherwise it doesn't soap up at all. I use it in the shower with lukewarm water and I find that my skin always feels medium clean when I'm finished. When I'm done this bottle, I'm going to try cerave's hydrating cleanser and a different makeup remover because this is really bad for removing makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

There is nothing special about this product, but hear me out. My face had a terrible breakout from using a clay mask, and I couldn't use anything but something very mild and gentle, so someone suggested this. When I first started using this, my skin starts to gradually get better, and better, but it never really gets to the point where it is really smooth. After a few weeks later, the breakouts start coming back. At first, I assumed that it must've been my period which caused the breakout, but it turns out that this cleanser isn't doing the only thing that it should be doing, which is cleansing my sweat from workout!

Consistency and texture - the consistency of this cleanser is somewhat 'oily' and 'loose', the colour is cloudy white. It feels like rubbing the less greasy version of oil on your face.

After I rinsed it off, my face felt exactly the same. It didn't feel squeaky, and since my face is oily, I would say this isn't so good at rinsing off those yucky oily bits on my nose and chin.

Pros:
+ Cheap
+ Is very very mild
+ Doesn't sting when it drips in your eyes
+ Doesn't burn on wounds or pimples
Cons:
- Too oily(?)
- Doesn't do much at all
- I had to rinse my face with this 'twice' in order to get all of my grease off

Do I recommend this? - Yes, I do. I would actually recommend this to people with very fragile and sensitive skin, or people who just started using cleanser (children, or kids). But if you are like me, and you have combination skin... I do not recommend this :) hope this helps!!

on 8/23/2016 11:06:00 AM

This stuff is like rubbing watery lotion on your face. It doesnt remove anything and it leaves my skin so greasy that i break out. I dont know how its so popular.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

An oaky skin cleanser for family from 12 to 80.

Nice feel, gentle foam, good cleaning function, no tightening.

But it can't do much if you want brightening or anti-aging, etc.