Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 18 & Under
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.8

since i have combo-oily skin..this did nothign for me...it didn't even remove my makeup!but then again it was VERy gentle...and i like to use it with baking soda as an exfoliator! but i don't use it often! i don't really like it...too watery...and doesn't clean that well....
but great for sensitve skins!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Don't expect a miracle out of this product, but do expect soft, supple skin. This is a good hydrating aid. I apply this after I use my daily acne wash. This I feel prevents my skin from over-drying. I wouldn't use this product alone, only because I don't feel it gives you a complete clean. If you need to remove makeup, I wouldn't count on this product to do the job. Unless you use it in conjunction with a toner or astringent. The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Moisturizer is another great addition to the system.

on 5/13/2003 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ive been using Cetaphil for the past month as a cleanser in the morning (I prefer a stronger cleanser for night). It is indeed gentle & leaves my skin feel smooth & soft. Ive also noticed that my cheeks look less red & blotchy, which is a good thing. =)
Cetaphil is heaps cheap & will last a long time. The packaging isnt exactly something to get excited about, but at least its hygenic. Also, like others have said, it works great as a shaving lotion!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this is just a basic cleanser. I'll probably only use this when it's winter or when i'm not wearing any makeup because it doesn't make off your make up very well. It also took a very long time for me to get used to this cleanser, i couldn't help but to think it wasn't cleaning my skin cuz i'm into foaming cleansers.i might repurchase this product.
((((EDIT::::)))) I have repurchased this cleanser! I really do like it now, I'm usually combo skin-ed but lately my skin has been really dry, and my skin is getting worse by the min. and I remember using cetaphil and that after using it , it didn't leave my face feeling tight. These past few months i've been try different foaming cleansers and they always left my face feeling dry and tight, i always had to apply loads of lotion on afterwards. Today i bought another bottle of it, i tried it and i didn't even need to put on a moisturizer all over my face, just my cheeks, yay@!!! i'll try to tone down my makeup cuz it doesn't clean off makeup very well.

I absolutely love this cleanser. It's so gentle and leaves my skin feeling baby soft. I havent had much luck with this removing any makeup so thats why I use this only in the mornings.

on 10/15/2003 1:25:00 AM

I love this Cetaphil item! I used to have very bad acne and this one totally helped me to clear off all the acne [including other medication] on my face! For some people who like their skin tingly clean , this is not for you. This does leave a film on your face. It does remove MU and leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed. I have already finished 2 bottles in 6mths and still continuing! :)

on 1/15/2004 12:48:00 AM

I use this in the morning when my face doesn't need deep cleaning. It works for me, doesn't break me out, and leaves me moisturized.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the generic RiteAid knockoff of this, which has the same exact ingredients at a lower price. It works fantastically, so I doubt the quality is off by much. It feels goopy and gross at first, but once you get used to it, it's not big deal. You just rub it onto your face without using any water, then rinse it off. When you're rinsing your face, it feels like there is some slick residue clinging to it, but once your face dries, you just feel clean and soft. The residue is just some emollient to keep you hydrated. It doesn't clog my pores or make me break out, so I don't mind it. I find that I do need to follow up with moisturizer, since it can be a bit drying.

If you buy the generic brand, you get a whole lot of product for a very reasonable price. It's also safe to wash your eyes with. My skin has cleared up and evened out after using this product after awhile. I really recommend this! It's worth getting used to the intital slimy goopiness.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome cleanser to use if you are using a strong, somewhat harsh, prescription acne medication. I have stubborn face acne all over and my skin is oily. But my doctor prescribed Benzaclin for my acne, which works terrific for me, but it is definitely drying. Using this super gentle, softening cleanser has reduced the drying effects and kept my skin decent while the medicated lotion zapped away zits. I'm very happy. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

wow! i cant believe i didnt find this cleanser sooner. my skin is very sensitive, and every other cleanser ive tried has made me break out. this one however cleared up my skin. it really is gentle and i probably will continue buying this cleanser!!