Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/18/2017 10:25:00 AM

Let me tell you all the truth about Cetaphil and Galderma products......the main ingredient is Petroleum aka Petrolatum aka Parrifium Liquidum. Its literally vaseline plastered on your face. I too was prescribed this product as well as the Galderma moisturizer, Nutraderm, by my Dermatologist! I just have to add, Cetaphil is crap for removing make up even after oil cleansing. I used it for many years and my skin was fine,until, I started getting really bad acne that just wouldn’t go away. I started researching the ingredients and found that Petrolatum is just a pharmaceutical grade plastic layer that is placed over the skin and basically stops your natural oils from evaporating ie. Suffocating your pores. I stopped all my Galderma products and opted for organic, natural skincare products. Then the crap hit the fan. My skins barrier practically stopped functioning because for so many years, my skin thought it was producing enough sebum because it did not evaporate so it basically underproduced sebum. So my skin became extremely sensitive and dehydrated. I started using the Dermalogica Ultra Calming range which focusses on repairing the skins own Barrier and not making it lazy. And I gotta say, my skin has never looked better. My acne cleared 3months after I stopped all Petroleum products on my face. My acne was caused by layers upon layers of suffocating plastic and my pores just needed to breathe! I have been using petroleum free products for 4years now and what used to be severely dry skin is now skin that only needs body lotion every other day. I still use Dermalogica on my face (because Natural face washes just don’t remove make up properly) and Organic natural body washes in the shower. They are filled with anti oxidants that rid your skin of free radicals which is a must.

I used to hate this product. I thought it wasn't doing anything to my skin but when I started to do double cleansing, (The Face Shop Cleansing Milk as the first step) I thought I should use something mild for the second step so I bought this again. (I also use Epiduo to treat my acne) Now my skin feels soft and I rarely get acne anymore, I just have some acne scars left.

I 100% recommend this for people with sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try Cetaphil after reading a lot of positive reviews about it. This is a very gentle facial cleanser, and I do not smell any fragrance on it. Before buying this cleanser, I always thought that this is a kind of face wash. Turn out, this is not a face wash. I read on the packaging that this cleanser can be used on dry face, or wet face, which I think is a good idea. I have flexibility to use it on dry or wet face. I use this wet after I remove my makeup with my cleaning lotion. However, I have to say that this cleanser is not for me. This is way to gentle for my preference. I prefer to remove my makeup with cleansing balm or cleansing lotion, follow by foamy face wash. I like my facial wash have a little foam when I use it. I will finish this off, but I don't plan to repurchase.

on 9/17/2017 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought a travel-size bottle of this for my mom when she came to visit and have kept it on hand for her visits since. She has dry, mature skin. When my fourth baby had a terrible case of baby acne (which showed up at three weeks old) made worse by heat rash (from hot humid weather when she was four weeks old) I decided to try this cleanser since it is non-foaming. I smoothed it on her face, neck, and scalp, let it sit for five minutes then gently dabbed it off. I did this daily and a week later her skin dramatically improved. The acne had started to dry up and the redness reduced. Her skin was never irritated by this cleanser. Be careful with babies to keep this out of their eyes as this is not tear-free. As the baby acne turned into cradle cap, this helps lift the scaly, oily flakes off. I have combination/oily skin and I actually found this drying. Weird. When my oldest started to have her first blemishes, had her use this and a gateway cleanser. She’s only twelve, but it’s kept her dry skin under control. I’ll always keep some of this cleanser on hand.

on 9/9/2017 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After trying and loving Cetaphil's moisturising cream I wanted to try their gentle skin cleanser for my sensitive, dehydrated but oily acne prone skin. This product doesn't foam and I find I need to use a lot of it to cleanse properly. The two times I've use it after rinsing off, towelling dry and moisturising my skin felt itchy (face and body). I don't use cleanser in the morning but I felt like my face was much greasier the next day and I would start to break out by the end of the day. I won't be trialling this anymore.

I was staying overnight at a friend's house, and getting ready for bed. When I discovered I did not have my professional cleanser with me only a professional cleanser a friend had given to me. I use what she gave me only to find my skin was dry after using her facial wash. The second night I saw Cetaphil Body Lotion n the closet and decided to try it. It left my skin nice as smooth and silky. Cetaphil is really a good skin care product, you should try it. I know I am going to try the cleanser now that I see how well the lotion works and it recovered my dry skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A true DS gem! I got the one for oily skin. I like to use it In the AM to get off all of the oil that accumulated during the night. It has an unpleasant scent to me imo. I use it on my face dry then scrub off w a wash cloth. Cleanses well. Good stuff!! Will take off traces of makeup (use micellar water before). I wouldn't recommend using this as your principle makeup remover. It won't dissolve the makeup in my experience but it will take off any last bits you missed. Won't sting if you accidentally get a little in your eye.

on 8/27/2017 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

one of my fave cleansers of all time! even bets some high end I've tried. I find it hard to find a good cleanser for my combo skin, this is one of the few I'm in love with!

I used this product on my dry skin. Moisturizing works well and it has some sort of chemical odor. Overall, it is good to used in the Winter time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is so gentle I nearly feel my face still the same old dirt after cleansing with it. The texture is a gel cream& do not have any foam. I transfer some in a pump bottle& mix with water to get a foaming texture but it is still so thick though. Terrible for oily skin& really useless.