Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Love Cetaphil Skin Cleanser! So gentle on me, and well priced given how big the bottle is. I have eczema and this is one of the only washes I can use. I've been a loyal Cetaphil user for over 4 years.

on 10/6/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is my new best friend. It's the type of product I would've shied away from before, because it doesn't feel like your typical cleanser. It's cream based and doesn't foam up. It doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky clean, a feeling I used to associate with a cleanser doing its job. Now I know better, and understand that the dry tightness most cleansers leave me with isn't good. By contrast, this cleanser leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I usually double-cleanse in the evening to take off make-up and the day's grime. I rinse with water and moisturize afterwards. In the morning, I find cleansing once is enough. On the back of the bottle it says you don't have to rinse it off - it's fine to leave on. I was skeptical, but during a vacation I found myself without a sink for a week (what a fun surprise!) and tried it. I was expecting to break out like crazy, and was really pleased to see that my skin didn't react at all!

I feel like the price for Cetaphil can be a little steep, depending on where you shop. If you wait for sales, you can usually get a pretty good deal. A lot of stores also make their own store brand with the exact same ingredients, and the ones I've tried have been pretty good too.

Sorry but this product is a joke. I have used so many products that were good, great and not so great but this one honestly was the worst. It didn't clean, it didn't remove make-up but in all honesty, not sure if its supposed to and it left a film on my face. I actually felt like I put another layer of gooey cream over my make-up. My doctor told me to buy this for my sensitive skin - no she insisted I buy it so I now question all of her other advice. LOL. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser on and off for over 10 years. However in the past few months I realised that my skin has become so flaky and dehydrated, I believe because of long term use of this product. My skin barrier has become completely shot, probably because of the sulfates. The ingredients don't break me out necessarily, however my skin becomes so dry that I break out from the dryness ( excess oil, dead skin etc). I recently tried it again and within 4 days my skin was dried out and tight. I just wonder how many of the skin issues I faced in the past were actually exacerbated by the product without me realising, surfice to say I won't be using it again.

on 6/14/2017 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So I'm taking back everything I said before about this product. Turns out it wasn't cleansing as well as I thought. Evidenced by gradual increase in foundation-colored blackheads, whiteheads and general congestion of the skin. I have swapped to first cleanse with micellar water to kick-start makeup removal and then Dermeze which is in the same area of the pharmacy as Cetaphil. It contains glycerine and silk protein, cleanses really well and leaves my skin MEGA soft. Happy I have swapped it.

on 5/4/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great cleanser for my super sensitive, dry skin. It is much better than Clinique's Extra Mild Liquid Cleanser, which was too drying and caused my skin to itch. I don't wear any eye makeup and just a little tinted moisturizer/blush, so the cleanser removes that very well. It might not work well if you wore a full face of makeup.

on 4/21/2017 12:35:00 PM

I have dry, sometimes sore and irritated skin so thought this would be a good choice as Cetaphil Cream is amazing for these conditions. Although this feels gentle and soothing to use, it does not clean your skin very well. It definitely doesn't clean off makeup or foundation. After using this and then using a toner, I could still see a lot of makeup on the cotton wool ball. If your skin isn't cleansed properly you are just asking for more skin problems. As long as you are prepared to use a secondary cleansing product to remove makeup or oil build up, then this is a nice gentle cleanser to finish with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

• Lasts forever for the price.
• Leaves a film.
• Leaves skin soft.
• Never caused a breakout. Calms down my skin after a sweaty, bad food weekend.
• Does not feel satisfying on dry skin, even if it is soft.
• Not drying.

Stopped repurchasing because I want something with more skin-loving ingredients.

on 2/6/2017 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Great for SUPER SENSITIVE bodies like mine. Just about every bodywash makes me dry and itchy, even those that are specially formulated for sensitive skin can cause discomfort. This is a cleanser for the face, but can also be used for the body. There aren't any suds, but it gets you clean and feeling nice.

on 11/22/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I have a very oily sensitive skin and this stuff broke me out badly in tiny little bumps and white heads which took me years to cleared up. I think it was all the alcohols, SLS and parabens in it that caused the problem.