Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A true DS gem! I got the one for oily skin. I like to use it In the AM to get off all of the oil that accumulated during the night. It has an unpleasant scent to me imo. I use it on my face dry then scrub off w a wash cloth. Cleanses well. Good stuff!! Will take off traces of makeup (use micellar water before). I wouldn't recommend using this as your principle makeup remover. It won't dissolve the makeup in my experience but it will take off any last bits you missed. Won't sting if you accidentally get a little in your eye.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even tell you how many times I've bought this cleanser! It's a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin and for people who can be irritated by harsh soaps and scents. It goes great with their moisturizer as well. Love this cleanser!

on 12/19/2016 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I apply one pump all over my face then gently remove it with a clean, dry washcloth. Yep, try using it without water, and see if it works for you too.

I used this on and off (WITH WATER) since the early '00s and was unimpressed. For while I was using Albolene only and wiping it off with a tissue, and I was amazed at how great my skin was looking, I just couldn't deal with the texture. So I tried Cetaphil with a tissue and got nothing but a wet shredded mess of tissue across my face. Once I started wiping it off with a dry washcloth, I was hooked.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I meant to review this a while back but never got around to it because I always have new products on trial to review. I guess I should start out by saying this was nothing like I thought it'd be. The ingredient list is nothing special and for whatever reason, I always pictured it as a thick white cleanser that would leave an oily film behind. Hence my hesitation to purchase it for a few years.

However this has a liquid-y consistency and applies like some type of gel lotion. I experimented by using this after a thick oil. Much to my surprise not only did this leave behind a sticky film of residue - it also removed the oil. My skin was left feeling squeaky clean! Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser does have SLS as an ingredient, lower on the list. It's small enough of an amount that this does NOT lather, yet contains enough to properly cleanses the skin.

I am a bit annoyed by how expensive this is. It's still very inexpensive (I'm willing to pay up to $100 for some skincare items...). But for the no-thrill ingredient list I'd expect to pay about $4. Those ingredients are dirt cheap - Cetaphil is making a giant profit. And yet... I'll pay the price just to not have to deal with extra ingredients other formulations have that break me out. I *really* love Cerave's Hydrating Cleanser. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser in comparison is more normal - oily skin friendly and cleanses better. Do I love this more? No. They're both great in different ways.

on 3/17/2016 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I once gave this cleanser a month's try. Verdict: Nope.

It won't remove your makeup off, is totally useless re: waterproof mascara, and to add insult to injury it feels like your skin isn't even clean after you rinse it off.

I believe this product is totally useless for people with acneic, clog-prone, and oily skin. I've also heard that dermatologists suggest this cleanser to their clients because the company's paid them a handsome sum for them to shill for this product. Makes sense, because no matter what the skin gurus out there say, there is a no one-product-fits-all. Not even from Cetaphil.

Dislike dislike dislike!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

bought a mini one and it doesnt irrtate my sensitive, acne prone skin (im oily too lol) and removes my makeup without over drying my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This just was not a good match for my skin.
I tried both the regular and the one for oily skin.
Neither worked.
My skin hated these cleansers. I broke out like crazy and my skin produced more oil.
They also did not clean very well!
As a matter of fact, I have better cleansing results from lotion and a tissue.

The good news... if this does work for your skin then a bottle will last forever!
It seemed like I would never be done with it.

on 6/12/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This stuff is definatley amazing! After hearing all the hype around this product, i decided to try it out myself, and i love it. Its gentle but yet it makes your face feel so nice and clean and it removes all your makeup (waterproof mascara not so much) I have very oily skin and this wash really cleans my face... so if you have sensitive skin or any skin type at all, you should try it out! :)

on 5/1/2014 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

one thing to know is that this product is definitely for dry skin. it works wonderfully when my skin was really dry in the winter, its very gentle and just for people who want a basic skin care routine. it does tend to leave a little bit of an "oily" feeling on the skin during the summer when my skin is oily/combo. i recommend using like a facial sponge or brush when cleansing to get a little more out of the product because it doesnt really feel like anything when you just use your hands wight his product. But overall i think you just need to know what this product is good for and when and how to use it for maximum benefits.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would say this product is OK.. I don't know what's so good about it, I mean like it is a decent product but not like WOWW.. Ya know what I mean rite. My dermatologist recommends this and said her other patients saw improvements.. Well it leaves my face clean but not tight. I don't use it everyday cuz it has built in moisturiser in it so it is not my acne's best friend but just acquaintance. I think this is too dry for my body.