Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have oily acne-prone skin, and i just went to the dermatologist - and she reccomended i use this. So far in the week or so i've been using it, my skins gotten clearer than before.. I haven't noticed any significant changes in oilyness though. This stuff feels really gentle and doesn't irritate my skin. I'd reccomend it, but obviously this is a product that is great for some people but horrible for others. Give it a shot, and if you don't like it, toss it. It's cheap enough.

EDIT - i stopped using this because i found it didnt take my makeup off very well at all.. if you wear a lot of foundation, don't go for this.

on 2/22/2003 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this cleanser in the morning when I don't have any make up on because it doesn't remove make up. I have oily skin, and I like it because it is gentle and I use more harsh products at night so I need something gentle in the morning.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My combination skin is a little sensitive, so I tried this. But it didn't do anything! I might as well not have washed my skin in the first place, because it took off no dirt, oil, or makeup, and the goopy texture felt weird on my face. Oh well, I guess it's better for sensitive skin.

on 6/11/2003 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My doctor reccomended that I use this, but I guess it just wasn't strong enough for me, because it did nothing to help the breakouts I was having at the time. I don't really understand why so many derms reccomend it..theyre probably compensated or something for promoting this yucky stuff.

on 8/2/2004 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Winter wreaked havoc on my skin, which started developing dry patches, and after using loads of moisturizer, I couldn't get them to calm down. I started using this and after one or two days, the dry patches were history! Takes a little bit of adjusting to the weird consistency, but this is just an awesome cleanser for sensitive skin, it's so gentle. Highly recommended!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I submitted to Paula Begoun's goading too. Trying this proved she wasn't right about everything. I like my cleansers to foam and be gentle on my eyes. This didn't foam. I hate when it leaves a film afterwards, and this does. I hate when my skin doesn't look clean afterwards, and with this it doesn't. The only plus is that it doesn't hurt the eyes.

on 6/25/2005 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Cetaphil. I've been using this cleanser for about two years now and it's extremely gentle, and doesn't dry out your skin. I feel perfectly clean after using it, although I do follow it up with toner, and find that it does take off pretty much all of my makeup. I'm occasionally prone to breakouts, but my skin actually improved after I started using this - cleansers with too much stuff in it like salicylic acid were actually too harsh for me! - and I would definitely recommend this to everyone. I have tried both the Cetaphil with the pump and the one without - and I find the one without to be more gentle and more effective. But if your skin isn't that sensitive and is more oily, I say try the one with the pump. Overall, this product has really worked for me - I am definitely buying it again.

on 8/8/2005 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is great. It's a light cleanser that will also whipe away all make up. Let's see...cleans face, takes off make up, leaves skin feeling soft...yea I love the stuff. I get mine from costco so I've used atleast 15 of those..well between my family but still :p

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have super oily skin, and i breakout if the product is cheap. I LOVE this stuff. I use it at night in the winter and it keeps me from drying out. In the summer, its too gentle, but whenever i get the bright idea to change cleansers and they dont work, I go back to this and it clears it right up. A definate lifetime product.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

When I used this product it felt VERY oily. It doesn't foam at all. I don't like this product and won't repurchase.