Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.3

on 10/30/2018 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I was recommended to wash my face with this cleanser while i was on a regular orracutane treatment over a year ago (i still use soap free cleansers and always will after finding how much softer they were on my skin). I did buy this several times, but the biggest problem was that even though most soap free cleansers don't foam much, especially face cleansers, this didn't foam up AT ALL. I would try it with my clarisonic and it didn't help remove my makeup or clean my face any better than just water. It would feel like i was rubbing gunk that didn't clean my skin or take my makeup off on my face. i wanted to like it with my dermatologist recommending it, and it being so readily available everywhere. I eventually found a better facial cleanser, it still doesn't foam up much, but does far more so than this one does, and you can see that it gently removes makeup, unlike this one did. It's harder to find, but far more useful in my opinion, and that was the qv gentle facial cleanser. I still use it to this day, even though i don't have acne or oil problems anymore, I've always had sensitive skin, and this is very good to my skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This doesn't work on me despite so many people loving it. Break me out and I didn't feel clean. Might just be me though because so many people swear by it.

on 1/26/2018 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think they changed the formula. It used to be a milky color, now its clear and really dries out my skin. Bummer, I have a whole unused bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would never use this product if I wore makeup that day. It does not remove makeup, but since the product is incredibly gentle, I use it after washing my face with my other cleanser, around my eyes, to make sure there is no mascara residue left. But even then, it doesn't do a great job. So, no... It's not great for my oily and somewhat problematic skin. It doesn't break me out, though.

However, I would only advise using this in the morning, when you don't have a lot of dirt on your face to clean. Don't ever only use this before sleeping if you wore the slightest bit of face makeup (concealer, blush, powder, foundation) during the day, because I doubt this product will remove it for you. Also, I don't enjoy the creamy texture of the cleanser, since it feels as if I am rubbing foamless shampoo on my face, with barely any results. For people who have oily skin, we usually need foam cleansers to get rid of all the built-up dirt.

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and hydrated after I use it; although, I do have oily skin. I also use it in the mornings to cleanse and again, it’s not drying. The pump dispenser is also huge plus for me. I’d definitely buy this again!
Update- CVS constantly has deals on Cetaphil, so another win for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I saw my first dermatologist when I was 9 because of severe acne. At his office there were a ton of cetaphil samples, and he recommended this face wash. I used this for years. Finally I switched to Clean & Clear (Deep Action Face Wash) and my skin immediately improved. My face was brighter and I had less acne. I think Cetaphil made my break outs worse because it uses a lot of SLS, which is comedogenic & irritating to the skin.

This facial wash just does not cut it. Especially if you have oily skin or wear makeup. I've heard the company who owns this facial wash, Galderma, pays dermatologists to promote Cetaphil (I'm not sure if this is true! I do wonder why my derm as so many samples though). Galderma has created great products (such as differin & tri luma), but there are many other excellent facial washes. Aveeno Moisturizing Facial Bar, Clinique Facial Bar, Clean & Clear, & Olay all have great facial washes for around the same price or lower. If you use Cetaphil I dare you to try another facial wash for a few weeks--I bet your skin will improve.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have been using this for years! So fantastic for dry sensitive skin and also acne prone skin I love this so much will never use something else!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is so gentle I nearly feel my face still the same old dirt after cleansing with it. The texture is a gel cream& do not have any foam. I transfer some in a pump bottle& mix with water to get a foaming texture but it is still so thick though. Terrible for oily skin& really useless.

on 4/29/2017 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have gone thru 3 bottles of this. Would not say is my HG product. It just cleans my face without breaking me out which is hard to say for a lot products in the market now. For oily skin girls, it helps to control a tad bit of oil on your face. It might seem that you did not clean your face as it's a very light formula and does not have any smell. But it's not a bad product to use on a daily basis. I wouldn't recommend it to clean make up and I don't use this on the days I don't wear makeup and it doesn't give a through cleanse

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser was ok. I wanted to give it a try because so many people have sworn by this and my skin seems to be dehydrated now that I'm in my late 20s. I wanted to find something that was gentle and hydrating for my face without leaving a greasy feel afterwards. This cleanser did the job of cleaning it but I felt that my skin still looked stripped after. It really didn't do too much for my face other than clean it and it did not leave a greasy feel. I would say that it is gentle and didn't cause any irritations. I tried the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser and I found it to be much better. My face looked much more hydrated and softer compared to this cleanser.