Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.3

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and hydrated after I use it; although, I do have oily skin. I also use it in the mornings to cleanse and again, it’s not drying. The pump dispenser is also huge plus for me. I’d definitely buy this again!
Update- CVS constantly has deals on Cetaphil, so another win for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I saw my first dermatologist when I was 9 because of severe acne. At his office there were a ton of cetaphil samples, and he recommended this face wash. I used this for years. Finally I switched to Clean & Clear (Deep Action Face Wash) and my skin immediately improved. My face was brighter and I had less acne. I think Cetaphil made my break outs worse because it uses a lot of SLS, which is comedogenic & irritating to the skin.

This facial wash just does not cut it. Especially if you have oily skin or wear makeup. I've heard the company who owns this facial wash, Galderma, pays dermatologists to promote Cetaphil (I'm not sure if this is true! I do wonder why my derm as so many samples though). Galderma has created great products (such as differin & tri luma), but there are many other excellent facial washes. Aveeno Moisturizing Facial Bar, Clinique Facial Bar, Clean & Clear, & Olay all have great facial washes for around the same price or lower. If you use Cetaphil I dare you to try another facial wash for a few weeks--I bet your skin will improve.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have been using this for years! So fantastic for dry sensitive skin and also acne prone skin I love this so much will never use something else!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is so gentle I nearly feel my face still the same old dirt after cleansing with it. The texture is a gel cream& do not have any foam. I transfer some in a pump bottle& mix with water to get a foaming texture but it is still so thick though. Terrible for oily skin& really useless.

on 4/29/2017 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have gone thru 3 bottles of this. Would not say is my HG product. It just cleans my face without breaking me out which is hard to say for a lot products in the market now. For oily skin girls, it helps to control a tad bit of oil on your face. It might seem that you did not clean your face as it's a very light formula and does not have any smell. But it's not a bad product to use on a daily basis. I wouldn't recommend it to clean make up and I don't use this on the days I don't wear makeup and it doesn't give a through cleanse

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser was ok. I wanted to give it a try because so many people have sworn by this and my skin seems to be dehydrated now that I'm in my late 20s. I wanted to find something that was gentle and hydrating for my face without leaving a greasy feel afterwards. This cleanser did the job of cleaning it but I felt that my skin still looked stripped after. It really didn't do too much for my face other than clean it and it did not leave a greasy feel. I would say that it is gentle and didn't cause any irritations. I tried the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser and I found it to be much better. My face looked much more hydrated and softer compared to this cleanser.

on 2/15/2017 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've gone through one bottle of this and now working on my second one, im starting not to feel so attached to this anymore. Up till college, my skin was always under the dry category and I shamefully can't tell for certain if my skin is oily or combination now.

I always use the "DRY" method of this product where i just wash my hands, shake off as much water as i can (don't towel because then your hands will be dirty again) and squirt like 20 cents of this product onto my palm, rub between palms and just massage it into my face. I feel like i get more dirt out and waste lesser product. If im all that lazy, i use this while waiting for my hair conditioner to set into my hair and i use the wet method.

I love that this does not dry my face out- some people loves that squeaky clean feeling of dried out face- but i love mine soft and supple and cool to touch which this doesn't always give me that feeling but atleast I know im not torturing my face with harsh chemicals.

It doesn't help much with blackheads and pimples but I never really did rely on this to help with my case in the first place so I'm not all bummed out. I contemplating switching to other brands after this bottle as well.

on 10/21/2016 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

After purchasing this cleanser twice I realized that I really am not a fan. I find that it just doesn't do a good job of cleansing. Leaves skin feeling oily and doesnt penetrate into the skin. Threw out the second bottle and stopped using it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really do like this product. My dermatologist recommended i use soap free products on my face after going on the accutane treatment for back acne, slight facial acne and scarring and generally way too oily skin. I used this in the oily skin before switching to this one, and while the soap in itself is non irritating, soft and clean, and leaving no obvious signs of drying like feeling or burning skin, i wish this did froth up more. It still worths very well but it almost feels like you're rubbing a moisturizer into your skin due to it not lathering up at all. This formalization is perfect, but if you still like a little lather in your soap free cleanser i would lean toward Qv's range of soap free facial cleansers.

on 8/18/2016 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this for three years already.
It doesn't break my oily skin at all.
I think this is suitable for everyone as a second cleanser after you've used foam or oil cleanser.
It cleanses as it moisturizes which is amazing!
I love using this in dry winter months because it make my problematic skin flawless!