Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.4

on 6/24/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I hate this so much it broke me out and made my face so sensitive!! Full of bad ingredients doesn’t even clean

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Too mild, did nothing but made my face oily. My acne didn't go away by using this cleanser, I don't understand how it helped a lot of people with their acne. I hate the texture of this cleanser, it just doesn't clean my skin, and it's too overpriced for something that does absolutely no changes to your skin! This would only work for those with very dry and acne free skin i guess.

I have normal/oily acne prone skin that is prone to dehydration and my skin overproduce oil when it is dehydrated. My skin also is very reactive to cleansers and this one gives me horrible acne and cystic acne. I am thankful it works for so many but it doesn’t work at all for me. I dont wear make up and this still feel very hard to rinse clean.

on 1/25/2018 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, this is the best skin cleanser for my sensitive oily and acne-prone skin. At first, I hated this cleanser bcs it will make my skin super oily after 3-4 hours, and switched to several cleansers after that.. COSRX Low PH Mild Morning Cleanser and Innisfree Cleansers...but these made my skin even worse, I had to bear with the stripping feeling everytime I washed my face, and my skin became more sensitive.. in the end, this cetaphil cleanser saved me... this is the only cleanser ive used so far that is super-duper mild for my skin type. I would totally not change my cleanser again

This cleanser is ok but does very little to get rid of oil on your face i used it and at first my skin was okay i got one pimple but my sideburn area when i woke up was filled with acne crysts.

on 11/13/2017 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I always use this one.
I like it:)

it almost empty I have to
go buy it:)

I used to hate this product. I thought it wasn't doing anything to my skin but when I started to do double cleansing, (The Face Shop Cleansing Milk as the first step) I thought I should use something mild for the second step so I bought this again. (I also use Epiduo to treat my acne) Now my skin feels soft and I rarely get acne anymore, I just have some acne scars left.

I 100% recommend this for people with sensitive skin.

on 9/17/2017 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought a travel-size bottle of this for my mom when she came to visit and have kept it on hand for her visits since. She has dry, mature skin. When my fourth baby had a terrible case of baby acne (which showed up at three weeks old) made worse by heat rash (from hot humid weather when she was four weeks old) I decided to try this cleanser since it is non-foaming. I smoothed it on her face, neck, and scalp, let it sit for five minutes then gently dabbed it off. I did this daily and a week later her skin dramatically improved. The acne had started to dry up and the redness reduced. Her skin was never irritated by this cleanser. Be careful with babies to keep this out of their eyes as this is not tear-free. As the baby acne turned into cradle cap, this helps lift the scaly, oily flakes off. I have combination/oily skin and I actually found this drying. Weird. When my oldest started to have her first blemishes, had her use this and a gateway cleanser. She’s only twelve, but it’s kept her dry skin under control. I’ll always keep some of this cleanser on hand.

on 9/9/2017 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After trying and loving Cetaphil's moisturising cream I wanted to try their gentle skin cleanser for my sensitive, dehydrated but oily acne prone skin. This product doesn't foam and I find I need to use a lot of it to cleanse properly. The two times I've use it after rinsing off, towelling dry and moisturising my skin felt itchy (face and body). I don't use cleanser in the morning but I felt like my face was much greasier the next day and I would start to break out by the end of the day. I won't be trialling this anymore.

on 8/25/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This does not work for acne prone skin. It didn't make mine decrease or make it worse it was the same as before I started using it and after. It is however, a good makeup cleanser for stubborn eye makeup. A white thin gooey liquid. There is no smell to it which I like. I would recommend this for people with dry skin and not those who are acne prone like myself.